2nd round?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK people WTF is going on? I ran to Sams and then was going to Wallyworld to finish my monthly shopping. Look I know its close to Thanksgiving but WTH is with the TP and paper towels and paper plates? I asked one of the poor folks that were trying to stock the shelves whats going on. He said someone told him, that someone saw on face book that Gov Wolf is going to close the state down for 10 weeks,, HUH ,,, I missed the memo on that. Other than a supposed trucker strike at the end of the month, really whats going on?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
OK people WTF is going on? I ran to Sams and then was going to Wallyworld to finish my monthly shopping. Look I know its close to Thanksgiving but WTH is with the TP and paper towels and paper plates? I asked one of the poor folks that were trying to stock the shelves whats going on. He said someone told him, that someone saw on face book that Gov Wolf is going to close the state down for 10 weeks,, HUH ,,, I missed the memo on that. Other than a supposed trucker strike at the end of the month, really whats going on?
We noticed the stock was starting to dwindle about a month ago. So..... two weeks in a row we came home with a case of TP. We still have probably a years supply in the cupboard. But if it was anything like the first round. We were supplying TP to some of our family members households as well.

Sent one of the cases of TP home with mom since she's on a fixed income and was running low. The other case will get stored, and passed out as needed to family members.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Someone (don't remember who) was recently in the news calling for a FULL 4-6 week national lockdown. (hmm, right through the holidays?) I'm guessing talk like that gets people worried.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Someone (don't remember who) was recently in the news calling for a FULL 4-6 week national lockdown. (hmm, right through the holidays?) I'm guessing talk like that gets people worried.
I'm not sure. Wife and I just got back from vacation. We purposely avoided all news and local television. Even news on the radio. Car was either tuned to an audio book for long distances and satellite radio when we were puttering around town.

At the cabin, when settling in for the night, we would find a movie on Netflix. Or leave the TV off and read a book.

First news broadcast I'll hear or see in 12 days will be tomorrow night when I get home from work.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I'm not sure. Wife and I just got back from vacation. We purposely avoided all news and local television. Even news on the radio. Car was either tuned to an audio book for long distances and satellite radio when we were puttering around town.

At the cabin, when settling in for the night, we would find a movie on Netflix. Or leave the TV off and read a book.

First news broadcast I'll hear or see in 12 days will be tomorrow night when I get home from work.
Don’t do it. Just don’t. If you do, remember, you have been warned. (And no that’s not a political comment.)😳

Reactions: 1 users

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Don’t do it. Just don’t. If you do, remember, you have been warned. (And no that’s not a political comment.)😳
It sure has been less stressful these past few days 😁😁😁

Reactions: 1 user

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I went to the grocery store today. Many items are in short supply or out of stock completely. I noticed it was getting that way about a week ago, but today was much worse. Sigh.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Newspapers and TV reports today are much like financial advisors....they sell (to you and I) what makes them money. That's their first priority, not what's the truth or what's the best for you.

Reactions: 3 users

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I tell the handful of younger people I know to quit believing everything they see from the media and to cross reference other sources before trusting what a single media source says. All they want to do is argue with me and call me a non-believer. I never would have thought in the information age we live in that people would be more gullible now than ever.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
One more report on this thread and some people will be taking a vacation from the forum!
FOLLOW THE RULES!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Wolfman I am sorry if I have started a crap storm, such was not my intended reason for posting. I had not seen or heard much of shut downs of state and privet sector so I was asking, perhaps in a open ended manner, if there were others that are seeing the same things. If I have cause anyone discomfort or offended anyone please except my deepest apologies

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Newspapers and TV reports today are much like financial advisors....they sell (to you and I) what makes them money. That's their first priority, not what's the truth or what's the best for you.
Someone made an observation a few decades ago, before the "information age":
We got the bubble-headed bleach-blonde who comes on at five
She can tell you about the plane crash with a gleam in her eye
It's interesting when people die, give us dirty laundry

Can we film the operation? Is the head dead yet?
You know the boys in the newsroom got a running bet
Get the widow on the set, we need dirty laundry

You don't really need to find out what's going on
You don't really want to know just how far it's gone
Just leave well enough alone, keep your dirty laundry
The more things change...

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
One more report on this thread and some people will be taking a vacation from the forum!
FOLLOW THE RULES!
What was reported? What rule was broken? You constantly threatening to ban people from the forum does not reflect well on you or the forum.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
What was reported? What rule was broken? You constantly threatening to ban people from the forum does not reflect well on you or the forum.
Slow down, take a breath. He actually trimmed 3 or 4 responses from the thread. That why your not seeing them.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I am sitting still and breathing fine.

Sorry, I haven't been contributing here as much as I used to. I didn't read anything offensive in the thread. Of course I don't find much offensive, but I have tripped over the censorship line here before so I am sensative to that.

Perhaps sending the offending user/users a PM with their grave transgressions would be more effective than random threats? Unfortunately, the way NIW just deletes or censors content, you never know where his invisible line is, or what content he has edited or deleted (I only say this from personal experience, others may be censored differently).

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

Sorry, I haven't been contributing here as much as I used to. I didn't read anything offensive in the thread. Of course I don't find much offensive, but I have tripped over the censorship line here before so I am sensative to that.

Perhaps sending the offending user/users a PM with their grave transgressions would be more effective than random threats? Unfortunately, the way NIW just deletes or censors content, you never know where his invisible line is, or what content he has edited or deleted (I only say this from personal experience, others may be censored differently).
The ones that were removed were blatantly political. I didn't necessarily find them offensive. But blatantly against forum rules.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

You are so quick to throw me to the lions!

For your information, not that I owe you any, but just for clarity, the persons involved did get repeated warnings (private then public) to cool it with political comments and ranting and did not, therefore someone got a vacation from the forum.

I post the warnings so that everyone knows that I'm not randomly picking people out privately.
And FYI the forum owner asks me to do what I do, he Ok's everything I do, even when others don't like the outcome.

The forum has been so much nicer to read and post on without a fight over who's political party is better or right.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
There's been a 100% decrease of "my stuff is better/worth more/more powerful than your stuff" in threads over the last 24 hours...

:unsure:

• Haha