What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I spent about 2 hours trying to get the loader back onto my tractor (BX23S) One side always doesn't want to go on correctly and I don't know if the loader arms are the problem or the operator's error.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I put all the heavier scraps of iron I have laying around on the landscaping rake and ran it up and down the runway plus the trails I ride my bikes on. The extra weight really helps in getting the results I'm after. I also have a 100 year old harrow that I can drag around, but the rake is easier to manuver. View attachment 125704
Quick right trurn after TO?
Heavy, heavy Spring snow, 15-17", blowing hard to tell. I had to bust out of the 450' driveway. It was tough going on the uphill.
Hell,......It is already melted!
Summer is coming!

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Had to take care of more heavy spring snow this morning. We got about a foot up at the house. It was elevation dependent. When I got down the looong hill to the town road there was only about 6". The road was soft and muddy so I shortened the float chain and ran the plow like a dozer blade. With it angled to throw snow to the left the FEL lever gives me raise, lower, drop right edge with dump, drop left edge with curl. I try to get close to the gravel w/o turning it up. I go slow and it take practice.

My wife took a short video on her phone.

https://youtube.com/shorts/pCL748w7QS8

gg
It's like you are pushing sand.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Quick right trurn after TO?

Hell,......It is already melted!
Summer is coming!
No turn required, as the mountain drops away for 1200' vertical before the valley floor, it's much easier and safer than taking off a flat and level runway.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
No turn required, as the mountain drops away for 1200' vertical before the valley floor, it's much easier and safer than taking off a flat and level runway.
"mountain drops away for 1200' vertical"
"much easier and safer than taking off a flat and level runway".
Kinda depends on how close end of runway is to 1200' drop off.

fatjay

Equipment
Kubota B8200, B7200, ZD21
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
Almost had a very bad day when moving material in the bucket, so I decided to make a mount for some rear suitcase weights.

I used the 3pt arms and took some angle iron and welded wings onto it and drilled some holes so I could bolt it to the arms. The goal was to keep it as tight as possible since I need to get in and out of some pretty tight spaces.

Found some weights that matched my tractor perfectly on marketplace, too. 55lb each, I now have another 275lb on the back.

Reactions: 11 users

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Almost had a very bad day when moving material in the bucket, so I decided to make a mount for some rear suitcase weights.

I used the 3pt arms and took some angle iron and welded wings onto it and drilled some holes so I could bolt it to the arms. The goal was to keep it as tight as possible since I need to get in and out of some pretty tight spaces.

Found some weights that matched my tractor perfectly on marketplace, too. 55lb each, I now have another 275lb on the back.

Very cool!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
That's getting it done.

Looks like the chain attached to the rebar going through the hole in the weights should be going in the downward direction. That would help keep the weights in place, if there was ever an occasion for them to try to lift out.

Reactions: 1 user

fatjay

Equipment
Kubota B8200, B7200, ZD21
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
That's getting it done.

Looks like the chain attached to the rebar going through the hole in the weights should be going in the downward direction. That would help keep the weights in place, if there was ever an occasion for them to try to lift out.
The 3pt arms drop when the tractor is off and all the weights fell off with quite a bang. It's just holding them up. I'm looking for another way to secure them going down

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Driveway was in decent condition, but needed some high/low spots smoothed out.

Boxblade with a long top link is my go-to. We’re at the bottom of a hill, so controlling sheet flow of water is paramount to avoid washing the driveway out.

Profile of it has proven pretty good, so I try to do just a little bit a time to prevent changing the drainage pattern too much at once.

IMG_6708.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
The 3pt arms drop when the tractor is off and all the weights fell off with quite a bang. It's just holding them up. I'm looking for another way to secure them going down
Maybe some stock on both sides welded to your angle that has holes lining up with the weight hole.
Just a thought seeing it assembled so far.

Bill

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Mounted a little toolbox to the BX using the SMV hardware. Turned out pretty good. Time will tell. Nice to have a place for some channel locks, gloves, rags, grease, etc.
I used a similar (50 Cal) box on mine, but removed the SMV hardware, bolted the box sideways to its bracket, and remounted the SMV hardware to the outside of the box. Mine's gray to match the ROPS.

Reactions: 1 users

DirtbagSurfer

Equipment
BX1880, LA344, BB1248, F-350, Red Heeler.
Feb 14, 2024
Pacific Northwest
I used a similar (50 Cal) box on mine, but removed the SMV hardware, bolted the box sideways to its bracket, and remounted the SMV hardware to the outside of the box. Mine's gray to match the ROPS.
If my SMV bracket ends up bending, I may have to change plans and do it your way. Your set-up can probably handle more ice and cold beverages. ;)

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I used the grapple to remove leaves out of the ditch that runs along the side of our driveway. Then used the land plane to work the drive way up a little.

Took the grapple off to put the buck on and the land plane. I was going to remove the FEL and need the bucket to do that.

Greased the FEL, grapple and tractor. Took the FEL off the tractor to change the oil. Cleaned off the screen that is in front of the radiator and checked the air filter. Also check the hydraulic level while I was at it.

Reactions: 1 user

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I spent the day at my land yesterday moving storm damaged trees. Early in the week we had an extremely wet heavy snow with some moderate high winds.

I am still dealing with the Scot Pine die off, which is a good thing, and anytime I have a weather event a lot of the dead but standing Scots fall over onto my trails and or prairie plantings.

It was good day to put "smiles" on my tractor. lol.

IMG_9282.JPG

STC_0012.JPG

Reactions: 12 users