Hi y'all. Where's the thinking at regardig using #1 red-dyed diesel (BX2380), with additive for winter use? Is there a consensus from current users? Muchas Gracias mi amigos. 
There is Zero difference between regular diesel and red dye diesel.Hi y'all. Where's the thinking at regardig using #1 red-dyed diesel (BX2380), with additive for winter use? Is there a consensus from current users? Muchas Gracias mi amigos.![]()
Nope, still works the same.Thx all. My only other concern is: I put in the water-vapor fuel filter and new fuel lines. Does the red dye mess with filter to the point that I can't visually tell if I have water (It's K's "L" filter)?
If I used more, it would be worthwhile. But in the course of a whole season of using my machine I think I might use 12 gallons max. Oddly even the little Honda 4514 I used to have would suck down 15-18 gallons of gas and the big Simplicity Sovereign would burn up 20 gallons easily. This diesel sips fuelMy closest distributor said they would bring out a tank for free for them to fill. Might call and ask if yours would do the same.
