Red-dyed diel esel

Denny Smith

Member

Equipment
Kubota BX2380 with snowblower (2816), front loader (LA344S)
Nov 19, 2025
37
20
8
Michigan U.P.
Hi y'all. Where's the thinking at regardig using #1 red-dyed diesel (BX2380), with additive for winter use? Is there a consensus from current users? Muchas Gracias mi amigos. :)
 

85Hokie

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
11,145
3,091
113
Bedford - VA
Red dyed is 100% the same as on road ........ just the red dye is the difference.

AND - the red diesel is "off road" diesel - not taxed as gas is for highway use.

In your cold climate - a dose of additive is highly recommended - you pick any you think will keep from gelling.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
36,480
11,268
113
Sandpoint, ID
Hi y'all. Where's the thinking at regardig using #1 red-dyed diesel (BX2380), with additive for winter use? Is there a consensus from current users? Muchas Gracias mi amigos. :)
There is Zero difference between regular diesel and red dye diesel.
Yes, you want to treat your fuel with a Biocide and cetane booster and antigel for winter use.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denny Smith

Member

Equipment
Kubota BX2380 with snowblower (2816), front loader (LA344S)
Nov 19, 2025
37
20
8
Michigan U.P.
Thx all. My only other concern is: I put in the water-vapor fuel filter and new fuel lines. Does the red dye mess with filter to the point that I can't visually tell if I have water (It's K's "L" filter)?
 

North Idaho Wolfman

Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
36,480
11,268
113
Sandpoint, ID
Thx all. My only other concern is: I put in the water-vapor fuel filter and new fuel lines. Does the red dye mess with filter to the point that I can't visually tell if I have water (It's K's "L" filter)?
Nope, still works the same.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user

lmichael

Well-known member

Equipment
Kubota G2160
Apr 23, 2021
856
441
63
Rockford IL area
I would not know where to purchase it. I looked around and even though we're in the middle of farm area in that NW IL/Stateline area distributors that list it only want to deliver to large on site tanks
 

#40Fan

Well-known member
Jul 21, 2022
661
489
63
USA
My closest distributor said they would bring out a tank for free for them to fill. Might call and ask if yours would do the same.