What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Sort of…I got it last fall just before SHTF. I purchased in advance of work I had coming for this summer when lead times were long and there was a sale on them. It’s not been used yet. It’s way too big/heavy for a B to use. All I did was unload with my B, open and close with third function to make sure it works and take some pictures and posted on the forum and put in the barn. Then there have been a series of issues with my brakes on the truck this spring and summer so I have not been able to haul the grapple or anything up North to use. Multiple trips up and day of or at start of trip I have had a caliper sticking. Finally I have just replaced the calipers. Fingers crossed brakes are fixed and I will get to use very very soon. Stay tuned. So it’s still new…not used not loss of paint. It’s new limited edition I guess you could say. I hope to report happy customer very soon. 🥃
OK ... makes sense now.

I had my own brake drama a while ago but after I installed new remanufactured calipers up front with new Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors all around, with new pads of course, I saw a significant increase in performance. After bleeding the brakes using a Motive brake bleeder I noticed that the brake fluid went from black to clear but with an obvious green tinge which I think is due to rubber deteriorating on the inside of the 22 year old lines. I have KLM braided stainless steel brake lines inbound which will provide another incremental improvement in pedal feel and stopping ability, and which should return the brake fluid to a nice clear, gold color.

My '98 Jeep TJ has always had much better brakes than the F250, but now the Jeep feels like the loser. 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
OK ... makes sense now.

I had my own brake drama a while ago but after I installed new remanufactured calipers up front with new Powerstop drilled and slotted rotors all around, with new pads of course, I saw a significant increase in performance. After bleeding the brakes using a Motive brake bleeder I noticed that the brake fluid went from black to clear but with an obvious green tinge which I think is due to rubber deteriorating on the inside of the 22 year old lines. I have KLM braided stainless steel brake lines inbound which will provide another incremental improvement in pedal feel and stopping ability, and which should return the brake fluid to a nice clear, gold color.

My '98 Jeep TJ has always had much better brakes than the F250, but now the Jeep feels like the loser. 😂
Well my drama has been a real kick in the sack (jelly of the month club 😂). Multiple trips I have had truck, trailer and equipment loaded (thinking it was fixed) only to start smelling hot metal just a few miles down the road. I am not about to take a 4 hr trip like that. So I go home put all my stuff back in the barn (using all the key symbols and words RWS has mentored me on 😉) …transfer what I can to the FJ top box and roof rack (FJ doesn’t haul much relative to F250 and Diamond C equipment trailer) and a home brew rack on the rear hitch like the hill Billy I am and head North and accomplish a whole lot less than if I could have hauled what I needed…I’ve need that grapple since May…The warranty should still good though since it hasn’t been a 1 year since I took delivery 🥶.

Oleracer

Equipment
B2150
Jul 18, 2024
CT
Well servicing my new too me purchase. B2150 .....200 hours . Fuel filter was sludged up pretty good. Than fix slow leak in front tire. This one was a garage queen barely used
IMG_8599.jpeg

Reactions: 9 users

Oleracer

Equipment
B2150
Jul 18, 2024
CT
The I beams will be the anchor points for the guy wires (Phillystran, non-metallic guys). There are two sets of 3 guys at 25 and 50 feet. They are 120 degrees apart. They will go to the tops of the I beams. That places the low points 8' above the ground and they slope up from there. The idea is even I can't hook them by carelessly driving the tractor under them (or some truck that goes there).

Good luck with upgrade! Although there is no code requirement anymore, CW is my favorite mode. I've been licensed for 64 years. Its been a great hobby for me. I've learned a lot and have a lot more to learn yet. There are so many facets to the hobby. For years I was mostly a builder / tinkerer. Then a DX chaser. Then a contest dabbler / special event participant. Always a rag chewer. Some years just inactive.

k1tgx
Love to do a tower. Only lic tech now 3-4 years. Nice project KC1NRQ 73

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Sorry for the slow response getting pictures back to you but the MX isn't one I use very often I only use it around the house mostly for loader and mowing work. Here are the pictures of the stuff I did to add controls in the rear for the hydraulic top link and the 3pt list and a couple pictures of me operating the quick coupler hydraulically from inside the cab. Hopefully it will let me upload the videos.

Video of rear controls

Video operating hydraulic quick coupler

IMG_5946.jpeg

IMG_5949.jpeg

IMG_5948.jpeg

IMG_5951.jpeg

IMG_5952.jpeg

IMG_5953.jpeg

IMG_5944.jpeg

Reactions: 8 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Love to do a tower. Only lic tech now 3-4 years. Nice project KC1NRQ 73
lol, you are only a few miles line of sight from me.

Tower projects are a lot of fun, but like a tractor, you have to be careful. I've put up or helped put up about 10 towers. Putting up one now at 77 is a little more challenging :)
Are you a member of MARC?
You might want to upgrade as soon as you can - it gets that out of the way and while you are in a 'learning mode' its easier.

Gaspasser

Equipment
L6060, FEL, forks, front snowblower. KX033 mini ex. Dump truck, Husqvarna saws.
Dec 16, 2023
NH
Surprise early delivery from Woodmaxx. Used tractor and forks to bring chipper in yard and under cover. Will open and setup this weekend. Have plenty of accumulated brush piles to process. Speaking of forks, I had no idea how useful and versatile pallet forks are. My most used implement by far.

Attachments

Reactions: 6 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Even though the weather still kind of sucked today I installed the 3rd and final I Beam anchor for the tower project. I can retire the post hole digger for a while and get that 18" auger's elongated holes welded.
3rd_ibeam_done_20240718_165723.jpg

I used the ratchet strap to keep the chain from sliding up the beam. Just looped it through the strap.

and time for a rest for the Kubota (and me!)

tractor_after_ibeams_install_20240718_193341.jpg

Reactions: 11 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Wait! What? That's an EA grapple ... and it's new? 😂
Oh, she’s a keeper.

What a great combination paired with the MX.

I was specifically looking for a long bottom style grapple that weighed less than the beefy skid steer makes/models. This seems to secure a load more effectively than my clam style for the B which does not have jagged edges. The edges of the EA seemed to bite pretty good into the logs.

Seems like they put some thought into the hose piping and serviceability of the implement.

I am glad I got it when I did. It’s still the honeymoon for sure, but we are not about to get a divorce after the first night. (No warranty claim yet 😉). 🥃

Attachments

Reactions: 9 users

BT3101

Equipment
L3130 GST, FEL, Taylor Way BH W/Subframe, Rotary Cutter, Pallet Forks
Mar 20, 2016
Evansville, IN, USA
I may or may not have fallen in the water yesterday removing this maple tree from my pond. But, I am glad we are well below normal on rainfall. ;)

20240718_111456.jpg

20240718_111341.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users

Oleracer

Equipment
B2150
Jul 18, 2024
CT

Tower projects are a lot of fun, but like a tractor, you have to be careful. I've put up or helped put up about 10 towers. Putting up one now at 77 is a little more challenging :)
You might want to upgrade as soon as you can - it gets that out of the way and while you are in a 'learning mode' its easier.

Haven’t become a member yet. I have half a.. studying for general but other hobbies just have interrupted. I’ll have to go look up your call. Didn’t even realize we were that close to each other 🤣

Oleracer

Equipment
B2150
Jul 18, 2024
CT
Haven’t become a member yet. I have half a.. studying for general but other hobbies just have interrupted. I’ll have to go look up your call. Didn’t even realize we were that close to each other 🤣 just realized we live 1 mile apart from one another. Small world 🌎

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Oh, she’s a keeper.

What a great combination paired with the MX.

I was specifically looking for a long bottom style grapple that weighed less than the beefy skid steer makes/models. This seems to secure a load more effectively than my clam style for the B which does not have jagged edges. The edges of the EA seemed to bite pretty good into the logs.

Seems like they put some thought into the hose piping and serviceability of the implement.

I am glad I got it when I did. It’s still the honeymoon for sure, but we are not about to get a divorce after the first night. (No warranty claim yet 😉). 🥃
EA for the win! A number of manufacturers copy EA designs, Catawba for example, so clearly EA knew implement design.

I don't have any need for a dual lid, long bottom grapple but it sure is a nice one! I opted for the rock grabbing Wicked 60 a few years ago, but had I known an M6060 was in my immediate future would have chosen the Wicked 66, but that ship sailed and sank.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
EA for the win! A number of manufacturers copy EA designs, Catawba for example, so clearly EA knew implement design.

I don't have any need for a dual lid, long bottom grapple but it sure is a nice one! I opted for the rock grabbing Wicked 60 a few years ago, but had I known an M6060 was in my immediate future would have chosen the Wicked 66, but that ship sailed and sank.
You got that right👍.

We got a beautiful sunny day up here…so much so I decided to put on a HAT😉 this afternoon to do some chores…I am taking my Limited Edition grapple and going to move a few downed trees in the pasture and do a little mowing. 🥃

Attachments

Reactions: 7 users

Buffalo

Equipment
L3901, FEL, mower deck
Mar 17, 2016
Oklahoma

You and he might check out https://signalserver.okiefrog.org/