What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Spent 4 hours cutting grass with the rear finish mower. One-half hour in the mower threw the belt, so it was back to the garage to get a new belt out of inventory and a wrench to adjust the new belt once I got it on the pulleys. The replacement from Kubota is about $100, Amazon $70, and less than $30 from https://www.vbelts4less.com/. When I was finished mowing I checked the new belt and it showed no wear at all.

Reactions: 1 user

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Agreed, even a heavy dew works.
Ok we have had a light rain for a bit over an hour!!! Looks like 2/10ths so far, and what used to be dust, lol.
I'm really happy cause I was suppose to put hay out today, but too busy with other projects. I'm really hoping this rain perks up the grass.
20240709_213700.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Shocker! Watering trees. We're supposed to get some rain from whatever is left of Beryl Wed/Thursday but I'm not holding my breath.

View attachment 132415
We got just over 4 inches of rain.
Ok we have had a light rain for a bit over an hour!!! Looks like 2/10ths so far, and what used to be dust, lol.
I'm really happy cause I was suppose to put hay out today, but too busy with other projects. I'm really hoping this rain perks up the grass.
View attachment 132429
We ended up with almost 4 inches from the storm. Rained all day yesterday. Will be out mowing this weekend.

Reactions: 1 users

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
BX2370 (impliment details in Profile-About)
Apr 24, 2024
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A.
It rained most of my week off, everything in extremely green in Central Wisconsin (if it's not under water).

New kubota added to the fleet. Traded in my 15 year old bad boy. The kohler engine was getting real tired zo I decided to upgrade. Did a little mowing before the rain hits and wow what a difference in power and speed. I found out real quick that I need to take it real slow between the raised beds. The 60 inch deck fits only if I keep the chute up.
Awesome looking machine! I wonder how much a Kubota foot pan mat costs...?

Here's my BX2370 underside before:
1720615237620.png 1720615283288.png

and after installing the BXtreme underbody armor:
1720615354783.png 1720615389541.png

Reactions: 6 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
We got just over 4 inches of rain.

We ended up with almost 4 inches from the storm. Rained all day yesterday. Will be out mowing this weekend.

Still talking 1.5 to 4" tonight into Friday on the news. Hope we get it.

Reactions: 2 users

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880 with loader, mower and 3 point
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
It rained most of my week off, everything in extremely green in Central Wisconsin (if it's not under water).

Awesome looking machine! I wonder how much a Kubota foot pan mat costs...?

Here's my BX2370 underside before:
View attachment 132448 View attachment 132449

and after installing the BXtreme underbody armor:
View attachment 132450 View attachment 132451
I bought one last month for my 1880. Will install it when the mower deck comes off before the snow flies.

Reactions: 1 users

Bearcatrp

Equipment
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
View attachment 132429
That looks like jack Daniel’s instead of water.

• Haha

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Progress on the antenna tower today :)

Drilled the hole for the 1st I Beam anchor point, set the beam with the tractor and then filled the hole with quick setting concrete. That 18" auger made quite a bigger hole than 18"! I didn't get to use my extension here as I hit a serious rock at 4'. Command decision was made - 4' was enough. I am going to plant large rock against the beam to supplement the ground support.

auger_20240709_141937.jpg

positioning_1st_ibeam_20240710_124414.jpg

1st_ibeam_up_20240710_181629.jpg

The white marks on the i beam are from the Ospho. Will wipe off that powder residue before I paint the beams.

BTW holding that 400lb bean out like that was a tension convention time. I should have switched back to the ballast box before moving the beam into position.

Reactions: 10 users

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
Apr 24, 2024
I bought one last month for my 1880. Will install it when the mower deck comes off before the snow flies.
I was a bit baffled why the mower deck lift wouldn't lock at "Top" with the BXtreme armor installed. The instruction sheet mentions a gold adjustment bolt behind the left rear tire (the right side does not have a matching bolt). I marked the side facing me with a black marker to keep track of the starting position and one turn was all it needed. After cycling the up/down a few times it loosened up and the bolt could be set one flat spot "tighter" (5/6 of a turn from starting). Really easy.

I also used Red thread lock on the bolts so they don't back out on me (a common problem in my world), Blue (medium strength) is probably a better option, though I don't plan on taking off the mounting bushings.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
The mower deck should protect underneath so I’ll wait. Didn’t think it was possible to have that plate installed along with the mower deck. May leave it on next spring when the mower gets installed. Was it fairly easy to install that plate with the tires on the ground or should I lift the tractor?

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
Apr 24, 2024
The mower deck should protect underneath so I’ll wait. Didn’t think it was possible to have that plate installed along with the mower deck. May leave it on next spring when the mower gets installed. Was it fairly easy to install that plate with the tires on the ground or should I lift the tractor?
With the BXtreme armor, only the or mower (one of the two) can be mounted at a time because the armor plate uses the mid-mount mower lift arms to hold the rear of the plate in place. (The front section rests on bushings you install into existing holes in the tractor frame). Installation is quite easy, put a washer, bushing, and second washer on a bolt, put the bolt through a hole in the frame, then add a washer and nut and tighten. Repeat for the other side, then slide the armor over the bushings and lock it into the lift arms after you lower them, then raise the lift arms and set the mower height dial to TOP.

1720726315620.png
(washers and nuts that hold the bushings)

1720726649679.png
(slide over front bushings, then latch rear pins)
(than raise mid-mount accessory arms to raise the plate like you'd raise the mower, then use the dial to lock the plate in the fully up position TOP)

I had to adjust the bolt by the left rear tire to get the mower dial to turn to TOP with the armor on because the armor wouldn't allow the arms to raise quite as much as the mower deck allowed.

According to what I read, with Bro-Tek a similar area is divided into two sections and the rear section can stay in place, the front section needs to be removed when using the mower.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Started the day with the forks on and the tractor just happened to be the most convenient vehicle available at the time, so used it to move a whopping 44lb of cat food to the chest freezer at the storage house. The overkill was almost comical, but it worked.
IMG_2728.jpeg

Over the past 6 weeks we’ve had rain all around us but until day before yesterday, not a drop of rain here. Hadn’t mowed since the last rain so it was looking pretty ragged. Got a soaking rain that dropped 1.5” on us. That didn’t exactly fix everything, but it was worthy of getting out the T2290 and trimming up the yard.
IMG_2731.jpeg

After that, trimmed up the dead branches along the driveway and a few live ones that were encroaching a bit much. 3 grapple loads later, it was quite a bit tidier. (The pic is part of the trail to the brush pile by the shed, not the driveway.)
IMG_2736.jpeg

Later, after work had stopped for the day, stopped by the new development directly across the road. Looks like they’re about done with the initial grading Everywhere there’s a pipe sticking up, there’s a house going up… about 200 of them. I am SO looking forward to it.
IMG_2720.jpeg

This is what it looked like before…
IMG_0731.jpeg

I suppose some think it’s an improvement. 🤷‍♂️

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Later, after work had stopped for the day, stopped by the new development directly across the road. Looks like they’re about done with the initial grading Everywhere there’s a pipe sticking up, there’s a house going up… about 200 of them. I am SO looking forward to it. View attachment 132552
View attachment 132553
Not me, I'm not thrilled with my one new neighbors house beside us. That's why I keep watering those trees 😉

• Haha

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Not me, I'm not thrilled with my one new neighbors house beside us. That's why I keep watering those trees 😉
I’m very thankful I have a few hundred mature trees between my house and my new neighbors. Otherwise I’d be dusting off the old water wagon in the shed and we’d both be watering. 🙂

WI_Hedgehog

Equipment
Apr 24, 2024
Ordered 3 grease zerks to replace the missing MMM wheel zerk (2 spare) after reading your comments about thread pitch, and a hood skirt retaining knob from the dealer... prices are reasonable and Kubota quality is tops. Front headlight lens is about $150 from Messick's so not going to bother asking the local dealer about price and the cracked one is going to stay. Thanks for the needle greaser idea, in this case the MMM is too spendy to not buy a few $1.35 Kubota parts that will last the life of the mower instead of generic. The wheels get used a lot on the Wisconsin glacier-formed terrain (seems Climate Change isn't man-made after all). Let's hope the replacement zerk stays put.

Rear remote is getting installed.

View attachment 132261
Rear remote hydraulic installation came to an abrupt stop when the Landpride kit wouldn't quite fit.
1000007161.jpg
The extension pipe needs to be removed and needs a short nipple on the far side to match the nipple on the near side, but that's not in the kit. Dealer sent an inquiry to Kubota on this situation, which is the nice thing about having a great dealer.

Where's a good place to get quality 1/4" Pioneer style hydraulic parts?

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Started the day with the forks on and the tractor just happened to be the most convenient vehicle available at the time, so used it to move a whopping 44lb of cat food to the chest freezer at the storage house. The overkill was almost comical, but it worked. View attachment 132549
Over the past 6 weeks we’ve had rain all around us but until day before yesterday, not a drop of rain here. Hadn’t mowed since the last rain so it was looking pretty ragged. Got a soaking rain that dropped 1.5” on us. That didn’t exactly fix everything, but it was worthy of getting out the T2290 and trimming up the yard.
View attachment 132550
After that, trimmed up the dead branches along the driveway and a few live ones that were encroaching a bit much. 3 grapple loads later, it was quite a bit tidier. (The pic is part of the trail to the brush pile by the shed, not the driveway.) View attachment 132551
Later, after work had stopped for the day, stopped by the new development directly across the road. Looks like they’re about done with the initial grading Everywhere there’s a pipe sticking up, there’s a house going up… about 200 of them. I am SO looking forward to it. View attachment 132552
View attachment 132553
It was SO ugly "before"
Will be SO much better with 200 new houses! 😭
Time to move?