Kubota b2710 .

Tuskar

Equipment
B2710 . Flail mower .finishing mower cement mixer . Transport Box Log splitter.
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
Hello folks ,
My first post here .
I've a b2710 with 2000 hours runs well . I've just acquired a little 10ton log splitter which I've simply plugged in to a 3/8" spool on the rear which is fed off a distribution block above the rear axle right side.
Working reasonable well . Have i connected to the correct port or is there a stronger port outlet . Any suggestions please .

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hello folks ,
My first post here .
I've a b2710 with 2000 hours runs well . I've just acquired a little 10ton log splitter which I've simply plugged in to a 3/8" spool on the rear which is fed off a distribution block above the rear axle right side.
Working reasonable well . Have i connected to the correct port or is there a stronger port outlet . Any suggestions please .
Help me out here. Are you running the log splitter off a tractor remote valve (e.g that 3/8" spool) or are you simply tapped directly into the tractor hydraulics? A picture of the splitter and your plumbing would be informative.

Dan

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
Help me out here. Are you running the log splitter off a tractor remote valve (e.g that 3/8" spool) or are you simply tapped directly into the tractor hydraulics? A picture of the splitter and your plumbing would be informative.

Dan
I am connected to 3/8th " spool valves above the pto . Spools are in turn piped back to a block unit above rear axle (right side ) Hope I'm clear.
My hope is to achieve as much hydraulic power as possible and want to be sure I'm hooked in correctly. Photos would take me days sorry .

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I am connected to 3/8th " spool valves above the pto . Spools are in turn piped back to a block unit above rear axle (right side ) Hope I'm clear.
My hope is to achieve as much hydraulic power as possible and want to be sure I'm hooked in correctly. Photos would take me days sorry .
I understand your desire but I need to understand what you currently have to answer your question. I am still not clear on what you have.

• Are the "spools" over the PTO actually valves or are they quick couplers?
  • Is the "block" unit a valve or is it just a connection point?
  • Where is the valve that operates the log splitter?
Dan

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
The port I'm using is shared with the mower deck line by two Bangor connectors. Looks like a factory installation, it's so neat . I have to raise the mower deck for the log splitter to operate and bungee the spool lever . I was hoping for a direct connection point.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The port I'm using is shared with the mower deck line by two Bangor connectors. Looks like a factory installation, it's so neat . I have to raise the mower deck for the log splitter to operate and bungee the spool lever . I was hoping for a direct connection point.
Now we are making progress.

I am not familiar with how that mower deck is plumbed but the answer to your question is NO - that is not optimal.

From what you have said so far it seems there is another valve on the log splitter that controls the splitter - correct?

Dan

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
I understand your desire but I need to understand what you currently have to answer your question. I am still not clear on what you have.

• Are the "spools" over the PTO actually valves or are they quick couplers?
  • Is the "block" unit a valve or is it just a connection point?
  • Where is the valve that operates the log splitter?
Dan
Above PTO are 2 Quick connectors .
2 block unit appears to me to be a connection point.
3 Do you mean the operating lever ? Well it's on the splitter next to ram . Apologies my terminology is poor .

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
3 Do you mean the operating lever ? Well it's on the splitter next to ram . Apologies my terminology is poor .
No need for apology - the terminology can be confusing. I am going to have a quick look at the mower parts diagram if I can find it. Need to see exactly how its plumbed. I see you are in Ireland so the US diagrams may not be helpful.....

Dan

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
Also the quick connectors at the pto have a lever on a block which I have to keep a bungee attached to keep open .

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
If you think I am headed to the outlet block up front you are correct. I did some more parts browsing. Does this look anything like your "block"?

Dan

View attachment 93816
That doesn't look familiar to me . It's almost midnight here with a storm blowing , I'll do my best to forward photos same time tomorrow . Appreciate your assistance.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I think the Tuskar needs to post some pics of what he's working on because EU tractors are not setup the same as US tractors.
The hydraulic setups are not always the same.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
That doesn't look familiar to me . It's almost midnight here with a storm blowing , I'll do my best to forward photos same time tomorrow . Appreciate your assistance.
Yes - probably something peculiar to your part of the world. Pictures will be helpful but I think I already have a pretty good idea of what you have going. This is a pretty easy one to fix in any event. Check you in the morning - I am an early riser :rolleyes:

Dan

Tuskar

Equipment
Jan 11, 2023
Weissfjord , Ireland
Yes - probably something peculiar to your part of the world. Pictures will be helpful but I think I already have a pretty good idea of what you have going. This is a pretty easy one to fix in any event. Check you in the morning - I am an early riser :rolleyes:

Dan