Status
Not open for further replies.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
I'm not so sure why some folks are so bent out of shape about this vaccine--on both sides. I got it for ME not anyone else--well, my family. If you don't want it I'm fine with that AND I get it as it is frankly untested. I usually get the flu shot every year also for ME, not others. I get it because if I'm spending a lot of money on hunting trips I don't want to lay in a bed the whole time.

My question has always been (admittedly I'm not too bright and maybe @Henro can explain it) isn't the vaccine meant to protect the person that GETS it. Why do I care if someone else doesn't want it--for whatever reason. Me wearing MY seatbelt will not help YOU in an accident--or maybe I am wrong and it will.
From the un-vaccinated I have found a leave me alone attitude for the most part. They sure don't care what others do with the experimental drug.

For the people that took the experimental vaccine there are probably a lot of reasons.
Why? Because it doesn't work as well as they thought it would?
They are still spreading it to others,
They are still expected to wear masks (so they don't spread it to others as much),
Many have new mysterious symptoms to deal with now,
They use fear and intimidation (and cute posters with cartoons for those that can't count) to push it.
Misery loves company?

Reactions: 2 users

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Article from Vaccines publication about the differences between live, attenuated and non-live vaccines.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8103517/

mRNA vaccines like the COVIV19 vaccines are NOT experimental. They were developed using the same processes that other mRNA vaccines have been developed. The process used to develop mRNA vaccines is very well understood, and can be tailored to work produce an immune response to different different strains in a straightforward method, thus allowing much faster development of vaccines that previous methods using live, attenuated or non-live viruses to produce immune response.

Reactions: 1 user

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
mRNA vaccines like the COVIV19 vaccines are NOT experimental.
Translation, planes have been built for almost 200 years, so you can’t have an experimental plane. Oh wait … you can.

Here’s another one, recipes for meatloaf have existed for a long time, so it is impossible for it to turn out wrong. Oh wait … it can turn out wrong up to an including giving people food poison or cause them to die from a food allergy.

That was an exceedingly dumb statement by a “scientist”.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Article from Vaccines publication about the differences between live, attenuated and non-live vaccines.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8103517/

mRNA vaccines like the COVIV19 vaccines are NOT experimental. They were developed using the same processes that other mRNA vaccines have been developed. The process used to develop mRNA vaccines is very well understood, and can be tailored to work produce an immune response to different different strains in a straightforward method, thus allowing much faster development of vaccines that previous methods using live, attenuated or non-live viruses to produce immune response.
CDBEBE82-8381-4896-9F41-5E2A079682F6.jpeg

and its a .gov site 🤣😂🤣

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
My wife noticed on her patient portal the Dr. made mention the condition could be from the covid injection causing an over reaction of her immune system.

I do not know if the Dr. has a process of reporting what she sees.
So, what you're saying, if I'm understanding it, is that she's having psoriasis/eczema like symptoms because of the injection, or that's what the doctor's saying? So what would that doctor have to say about taking the injection to someone who's had those symptoms for nearly 50 years . I won't call it a vaccination, because that implies that it actually kills the germs and prevents the disease. That's what vaccinations did when I was a kid anyway. NONE of the ones available for any flu variant actually does that. They all just stimulate the immune system to (hopefully) reduce the symptoms. Anyone that thinks they're safe after taking that shot is kidding themselves. It isn't a get-outta-jail free card.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Im confused now…our local hospitals have been “overwhelmed” with cases according to news…just had a hurricane hit…now we are taking all these evacuees because we have room for medical treatment🤔

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
You are aware of "off-label" use, right? Just because it's designed for one purpose doesn't mean it's not good for another.

As for evidence, it's out there if you're actually interested in seeing it. Same for HCQ. But I've found that most people won't be swayed by any amount of evidence.
Whew! I'm glad someone pointed this out. I was worried that turning my compost heap with my stump bucket was gonna get me in trouble.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
As a wise man once said, "It's interesting when people die; Give them dirty laundry". News isn't there to inform.
Someone besides me is a Don Henley fan.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Im confused now…our local hospitals have been “overwhelmed” with cases according to news…just had a hurricane hit…now we are taking all these evacuees because we have room for medical treatment🤔

This place sounds like a glorified bus station, beats nothing if you need medical care and your town is flooded, what's your point?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
The more I read, the less convinced I am that the injection is a good idea. What constitutes an early vaccination? Is before I get the disease too early? What if I already had it and now have a natural immunity? What if an Epsilon/Echo variant comes along?

I'm not sure I want to be locked in to getting some kinda shot every 6 months. I already have to take one every two weeks for hypercholesterolemia (high HDL's) because I can't take statins thanks to the side effects. I have a rather convenient numb spot on my right leg (sciatica) where I don't feel needles, so getting a shot doesn't really bother me, so it isn't needle phobia that stops me.

It mostly comes back around to the main subject of whether people should be FORCED to capitulate to government mandates. I think our government seems to for get who works for whom. We elect them, we pay them, and they tell us what to do? Ummm, I don't think it's supposed to work that way.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Based on the responses I've seen to that story, they're quite happy. People were celebrating this as a "good thing"
What people are you referring to? My in-laws live in Port Pirie, South Australia and Brisbane, Queensland, and my wife's more remote family is scattered all over South Australia. We speak with some of them 3-5 times a week. They're not telling us about any parties because they love being locked down within 5 KM of their homes. The Aussie police are actually arresting people for gathering at funerals and church. Zero tolerance for social gatherings, so that would explain the lack of parties. The lockdowns have all but wiped out the service industry such as restaurants, pubs, and motels. Those things are a huge part of Australian culture.

You've been watching too much Communist News Network.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
The lockdowns have all but wiped out the service industry such as restaurants, pubs, and motels. Those things are a huge part of Australian culture.
And severely impacting all other businesses, including construction. I've been watching Sky News Australia videos on YouTube, and they are going after and arresting and fining everyone. They are single-handedly wrecking their economy. Things are bad enough here, but I can only imagine how bad their economy will suffer for years to come over this.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
For the people that took the experimental vaccine there are probably a lot of reasons.
Why? Because it doesn't work as well as they thought it would?
They are still spreading it to others,
They are still expected to wear masks (so they don't spread it to others as much),
Many have new mysterious symptoms to deal with now,
They use fear and intimidation (and cute posters with cartoons for those that can't count) to push it.
Misery loves company?
I can't speak for everyone that has been vaccinated. But here is what I know. I have no regrets, I have not had covid, despite my secretary having it twice, two college folks IN MY HOUSE having it (and me taking NO precautions) and officiate sports 4-6 days a week around 14-18 year olds--so I would say it, without question, works. I don't wear a mask and haven't since my second one on February 4--in Alabama we don't force folks--.

I would also say that your assertion that it doesn't work is a bit ignorant. Facts do not support this statement. 90% of the folks in the hospital have no vaccine--I guess you call that a coincidence? Of the six folks I now know/knew between 34 and 72 that are now dead or on a vent, not one was vaccinated--also a coincidence?

I also know literally 100s of people that have gotten it and not one has any 'mysterious symptoms' to deal with, not ONE. I also know that when I was in OCS at Quantico and while in the Marines I was pumped full of god knows what..so no I'm not scared of a proven technology.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex., Beer fridge
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Nobody reacted to the conclusion in post #801:

So my conclusion at this point in time is that getting vaccinated offers almost no immediate threat to anybody, but avoiding the vaccination and ending up in the hospital offers a threat to almost everybody.

This conclusion was driven by many hospitals being essentially overrun by covid19 patients mostly who are unvaccinated. So if one needs critical treatment for anything (accident, serious heath issue, etc) he may be out of luck, whether he is vaccinated or not, at least in some localities.

Did I stumble on something we all might agree on?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I have not had covid
You actually don’t know if you’ve had Covid or not unless you’ve been continuously tested with all of the methods since early last year. In other words, impossible to prove a negative.

Tests have some number of false negatives and positives, so you need to be tested over and over. Also, you could be like many that show no symptoms, and could be the reason so many people near you got Covid. ;)

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
You actually don’t know if you’ve had Covid or not unless you’ve been continuously tested with all of the methods since early last year. In other words, impossible to prove a negative.
True. What I should have said is "If I had covid the shot definitely worked as I had NO symptoms while those around me were in bed for 2-3 weeks".

Thank you for pointing that out.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
So my conclusion at this point in time is that getting vaccinated offers almost no immediate threat to anybody, but avoiding the vaccination and ending up in the hospital offers a threat to almost everybody.
I don’t think that is true. People who are vaccinated can spread the virus just as well as anyone else. That’s why they recommend vaccinated to mask up as well. I also think many vaccinated people who wouldn’t be traveling have bought into the myths, so they are out acting like there is no pandemic anymore. It doesn’t help with politicians say “we have an unvaccinated pandemic”.

The main risk no matter if you vaccinated or not is being near other people. So, keeping your distance from other people is the only sure way to not be a threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.