Let'm die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
This is not meant to be any kind of political statement or anything besides an observation and feeling that I cannot express to the people around me (as they think the way I do) and expect to get unbiased feedback...almost a LOL statement I guess.

Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey (R), who expressed frustration with those who refused to get their shots, wrote an op-ed in The Washington Post — later reprinted in her home state newspapers — urging constituents to embrace a vaccine developed under former President Trump.

But even in Ivey’s state, where only 34 percent of adults are fully vaccinated — the lowest rate in the country — the governor said she would not take additional steps to encourage vaccination.

So my take on the current situation, is kind of like "let'm die". I mean, anyone that wants to get vaccinated can. Unlike at the beginning of the year, when getting vaccinated was a struggle.

I can't say I have any objection to Governor Ivey's approach.

That is except for my grandkids that are under 12. Unvaccinated people threaten them.

So my feeling is I agree with the governor of Alabama. If one chooses to take the chance and contracts the virus because he did not choose to get vaccinated when he easily could, that's the way it goes.

EXCEPT that they are probably driving up my future health care premiums, which are already crazy high.

• Dislike
Reactions: 9 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
It is called freedom of choice,, nothing more ya want it get it,,, ya dont want it OK have a good day

Reactions: 9 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
There’s a guy on another site that’s been researching Covid effects for a while. He’s a scientist. The funny thing is that he just posts his factual results on his site. There is no way he could post it on social media sites. Most of the media outlets wouldn’t do a story on him either.

There are supposed facts that contradict each other. We have open borders with people coming in with Covid, and it’s I guess, ok. Vaccines don’t apparently do much if everyone needs to mask up. Vaccines don’t do much if vaccinated people are worried about the nonvaccinated. Then, there are the death rates that are very low for most groups even if they get Covid.

There are more chances for some people for a negative outcome getting the vaccine than getting Covid outright. My daughters friend got the Delta variant and was fully vaccinated. She’s hospitalized with it. Obviously, that’s impossible if you believe all that we are being told by some media outlet and health officials. My FIL had a very bad outcome from getting vaccinated. We hope he’s going to recover My MIL is also showing symptoms, so we’ll see what happens. They are both in their 70s.

So, there are reasons to get vaccinated and reasons not to that both make sense. That’s why it should be a personal choice. If you chose wrong, you’ll pay for it.

Reactions: 10 users

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
“Covid status certificates would be divisive, discriminatory, and destructive. We risk creating a two-tier society, a medical apartheid in which an underclass of people who decline vaccination are excluded from significant areas of public life”

“There is also a legitimate fear that this scheme would be the thin end of the wedge”
(UK leaders warning against vaccine passports)

if the vaccine actually worked, why are people that have been vaccinated dead from covid? Why are they still being admitted to the hospitals with severe cases? Why are they insisting people that have had covid, still get vaccinated?

Either the vaccine works and you won’t get covid, or it doesn’t work so there is no reason to get the shot.
Let me guess... they are contracting the variants of covid. So the shot still doesn’t protect people.
And if you are vaccinated, you should be immune to it, so why do you care what other people do?
Years ago societies were stricken with small pox. Once they had it, they were functionally immune to it. Why didn’t they get it again without a vaccine?

Once you get the flu and get over it, why don’t you get it again the same year? Did your doctor ever tell you once you had the flu that you needed to get that years flue vaccine?

Why are people being censored from social media simply for reporting their own vaccine side effects? Why are they shamed, labeled, and censored? Does that sound like the country you want to live in?

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
There are simple therapeutic medicines out there that deal with COVID well and lessens the symptoms. Other countries are using them. Nothing in mainstream media about this. The medicines are deemed OK by our government for their original purposes, but they are telling us that the medicines will kill us if we take it for COVID.
Why is this you may ask?
There is no money to be made by Big Pharma in 70 year old remedies. I am assuming Big Pharma donates largely to the politicians and politicians support them.

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
Wow, I thought for sure this was going to be a thread about other tractor colors. :(

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
The reason variants occur is because sufficiently large numbers of people are unvaccinated and contract the disease and it morphs during that illness. Until 70+% or thereabouts are vaccinated the infectious rate will continue to rise and the mutations will continue to expand.

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Your explanation about variants makes some sense. But, people who are vaccinated get Covid as well as the variants. So following the logic the entire population is causing variants.

Reactions: 4 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Wow, I thought for sure this was going to be a thread about other tractor colors. :(
Discussions about tractor colors are always more colorful discussions. Last week I came down with a cricket disease, called chirpies. My wife complains that I am keeping her up at night, and the crickets shun me because I don't look like them. My doctor has told me that it was tweetable, but I have to wait till some old crow finally notices me. I stopped referring to my wife as my soon to be ex wife, after I overheard her talking to a friend about her soon to be deceased husband. Life is a bitch, and then you die. Worry about what you can change, and forget all the rest. I now return you to the complaint fest.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
I can't say I have any objection to Governor Ivey's approach.
Being from Alabama I can say we are have a lot of resistance to the vaccine. However, despite what you may think it is not because we are a 'red' state. For fun/health I officiate a lot of youth, HS and college sports, year-round. A lot of my fellow officials/friends are folks of color. I can tell you that--for whatever reason--the vast majority will not get the shot. I have not delved further into it with them but this is my experience.

I will also share with you a TRUE story. My daughter's best friend since age 3 recently had a baby. She had it at home with a mid-wife. She refused to go to the hospital because she doesn't want her baby to be NEAR anyone with the vaccine. She will not allow my daughter or HER OWN FATHER to see the baby because they are vaccinated.

So there are folks on BOTH sides very dug in.

That being said I agree that all of us need to make the choice that we think is right

Reactions: 5 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
That is except for my grandkids that are under 12. Unvaccinated people threaten them.
How does an unvaccinated person threaten your grandchildren?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Since main stream media only tells us what they want us to know these days, how is it we hear about a Delta variant of covid 19, however there is no test to determine any Delta Variant? So how do they know it's a Delta Variant?

Reactions: 4 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I'm vaccinated, as I have some at-risk characteristics, starting with my age.

I occasionally do business with an unvaccinated person at 6'+ distance.

Couple weeks ago the person was in my office, and symptomatic. I found out the symptomatic part later.....

They were later tested COVID negative, but I informed them they wouldn't walk into my office again until they were fully vaccinated.

I was pissed, and they knew it....trust me.....they knew it.....All I could do not to knock their F@$% lights out.....

I spent a lot of years in communicable disease control. Salmonella, Clostridium, Rabies, Hep A, West Nile, Giardia, Herpes Simplex B, Norwalk, etc., etc. ...

40 years ago, terrestrial rabies was rampant in raccoons in the mid-Atlantic. Very few people were known to die from the epizootic.

However, at the same time, several were known to die from an arboreal bat rabies variant. Nearly all without any bat or raccoon interaction history.

Variants can be scary. Whether antibiotic resistant bacteria, super-virulent rabies viruses, treatment-resistant Giardia, or a new COVID variant, I'm not willing to take my chances.....YMMV

• Dislike

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
How does an unvaccinated person threaten your grandchildren?
Because the unvaccinated are more likely to be carrying higher levels of the virus and spreading it around before the symptoms appear, as compared to vaccinated people. Yes there are the break through cases in vaccinated people, but the claim is that these people do not carry enough virus load to spread it around much, if at all.

My grandkids under 12 cannot get vaccinated. So they are threatened by anyone that could give them the virus, to some degree, although the younger kids seem less likely to be seriously affected.

Of course, this is only if you believe the science. It is claimed that currently something like 99 percent of the deaths from the virus are unvaccinated people. I believe it but how can I prove it? I cannot. So I use faith in believing that these (and other) reports are based in fact. Just as others believe they are fiction.

So at the end of the day, we each make a decision and live or die by the result of that decision. We do that all the time anyway in other ways to various degrees.

I feel bad for those that do not have a choice, and cannot get a vaccination if they want to. Like those with compromised immune systems or being treated for cancer, and so on. The rest, well, it is their own decision for the most part, and if they choose to go unvaccinated, fine with me (except for the possible threat to others).

I certainly felt bad for the people that died before they could get vaccinated if they wanted to. But I will not shed a tear for those that chose to avoid the vaccination, if things go bad afterwards.

PS...Absolutely nothing meant to be political here...I learned a long time ago to avoid talking politics or religion...

• Dislike

ranger danger

Equipment
Kubota M6060, MEB 802A tactically quiet generator
Jun 11, 2017
East of Placerville Ca
My niece is a Nurse Anesthetist, her husband is an RN in a covid unit. Neither one of them have been vaccinated. Tells me something!!

Reactions: 8 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
It is called freedom of choice,, nothing more ya want it get it,,, ya dont want it OK have a good day
That statement is just so much BS. When your 'freedom of choice' endangers the lives of people around you your 'freedom of choice' should end.
I and 10 million other Americans have compromised immune systems. You probably know some - you may not know they are immunocompromised though. I took 2 shots. I'm fully vaccinated. My body will not produce antibodies. I am vulnerable. If I contract the disease the outcome is not very bright.
For someone to say "its my choice" is the epidemy of selfishness or a total lack of understanding.

• Dislike

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Since main stream media only tells us what they want us to know these days, how is it we hear about a Delta variant of covid 19, however there is no test to determine any Delta Variant? So how do they know it's a Delta Variant?
The Delta variant is a specific genetic mutation characterized by chamges to the spike protien that is present on the surface of all Covid viruses. These spike protiens are the mechanism by which the virus enters your cells and the protien mutations in the Delta variant make it more effective at doing that. That is one reason it is far more contagious and spreading rapidly.

The presence of any of the variants in an infected individual are easily and positively identified by genetic sequencing of a blood sample. In the United States genetic sequencing of blood samples show Delta is currently responsible for 83% of new infections. The rate in Britain is over 90%.

Dan

Reactions: 1 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Because the unvaccinated are more likely to be carrying higher levels of the virus and spreading it around before the symptoms appear, as compared to vaccinated people.
Says who? The same people who have been caught in lies and manipulations time and time again?

You can choose to believe it all you want but dont go blaming everything on people who dont believe or trust. Its what your manipulators want you to do.

If you want to help your grandchildren , teach them to set aside emotion and think with logic so they dont become victims of manipulation.

Reactions: 12 users
Status
Not open for further replies.