Status
Not open for further replies.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Make your choice, live with the results.
Aha! You took that from the original Ghostbusters movie.

"Choose! Choose the form of The Destructor!"

They were supposed to clear their heads of all conscious thought but Dan Akroyd's character kept thinking of Mr. Stay-Puft. Then a 100' tall marshmallow man started climbing the Empire State building.

Does this mean Henro is Gozer the Gozerian?

D

Deleted member 47704

The biggest danger of covid is that it has been politicized. Its is another tool to divide the country.and its working.

Reactions: 3 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The biggest danger of covid is that it has been politicized. Its is another tool to divide the country.and its working.
You are correct. And one can get an idea of how it works by comments on this thread. I wonder if all the mus-information since a pandemic was announced was actually planned for that purpose.

Reactions: 1 user

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
Operation Mockingbird was a CIA program that enlisted more than 400 American journalists, as well as journalists around the world, to manipulate public opinion by spreading propaganda or what we call it today, fake news.

Reactions: 1 users

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
From an individual standpoint, death is the biggest danger. From a societal standpoint, I agree with you completely.

Njtool

Equipment
Lx2610 HSDC. BH77 backhoe
Jan 1, 2021
New jersey
Artificial sweeteners are safe. WMD’s were in Iraq. And Anna Nichole married for love.
Oh. And we should trust the government abo it the effects of covid and the safety of the the vaccine. Hey, they never lied to us before. They don’t care about money or power, all they care about is the safety of the people.

But just in case there are people who think for themselves, they suppress anyone with a differing opinion. It’s either their narrative or you are called a conspiracy theorist, kicked off of social media, and called crazy.
People were called crazy for saying the virus came from a lab. People were censored from social media and called crazy.
Guess what. Now it’s ok to say it came from a lab...

Reactions: 3 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Masks in general are really a joke unless you have N-95 and keep it airtight as I previously mentioned and provided a systematic review link for. From a population health scientist perspective if say everyone wears a surgical type mask then maybe transmission is decreased by 5-10%…to them that means something. To us is sounds pretty useless.
I think this is true. EXCEPT partially the last statement.

There is little doubt that an obstruction restricts air flow and particle dispersion. The difficult part is determining how much. Is your estimate of decrease in transmission based on some data published somewhere? Or just gut feeling?

I also have always felt that a mask offers little protection to the wearer. Especially when they are reused, even if N95.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
You are asking people to disclose their decision to some anonymous person on the internet. What do they get by telling you either way?

I’m pretty sure almost all of the people who own Kubotas have been taking responsibility for their actions. I would at least give them the benefit of a doubt.
I am not asking people to disclose anything that means anything, since as you said we are all anonymous here anyway.

As I said previously, it is a personal choice, and we live with out decisions. Just the way life works.

Sorry if somehow what I wrote previously was not clear...my bad.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
Dr. Robert Malone, MD, MS Physician Scientist, Inventor of mRHA vaccine technology says, "You cannot vaccinate your way out of this pandemic.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont

There is little doubt that an obstruction restricts air flow and particle dispersion. The difficult part is determining how much. Is your estimate of decrease in transmission based on some data published somewhere? Or just gut feeling?

I also have always felt that a mask offers little protection to the wearer. Especially when they are reused, even if N95.
Since the beginning of this entire episode, I've held that if it were the "real problem" it is said to be, Used masks would have to be treated as bio-hazardous material.

And they are not.

So that's that.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO

Thats the issue. It would of course appear that a cloth mask is an obstruction...but in reality to particles the size of a virus it just isn't.

With regards to publications, this has most of it . https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7497125/
Look down at the studies that were reviewed in this analysis. It describes the outcome of cloth masks in those studies.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Dr. Robert Malone, MD, MS Physician Scientist, Inventor of mRHA vaccine technology says, "You cannot vaccinate your way out of this pandemic.
This is a recent post with his input and they do raise some good points.

What I don't see them address is mutations in nature. The Delta variant is affecting the unvaccinated far more than it is the vaccinated. I haven't seen any evidence to suggest the Delta variant is a mutation derived from vaccinated individuals, but I am not saying it isn't.

They also aren't addressing the strain on the healthcare system, which is what I have always been focused on. Sure we can let people get sick...but if that number of people gets too high and we run out of hospital space then people have no supportive/skilled care and have a greater chance of death.

When he mentioned fluvoxamine and apixiban for COVID I raised an eyebrow.

The Apixiban study is still in progress, and I see no pre-published results that would indicate it is anything more than a prophylactic anticoagulant for patients at risk of clots. We use lots of drugs in this way for many conditions. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04746339

Fluvoxamine may be a causal relationship...it appears to show an unknown relationship between administration and clinical deterioration outcomes. The sample size was very small, although statistically significant. More research is needed.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Some states are mandating vaccination for hospital and government workers. I believe that this violates your constitutional rights. It will probably be declared un-constitutional after it winds through the courts. While this fight is raging in the courts, there will be people that will go along with being vaccinated, and the rest of the people will just leave their jobs and collect unemployment. My biggest fear is that health care workers will walk away and the hospitals will not have the staff to treat patients no matter what they are admitted for.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
And the FDA is being pressured into approving the vax early. by September sources are saying. That will embolden many employers to push mandatory vaccines I do believe. I think my employer might try to make it mandatory, as they already wanted to know last week who had the vax and who did not. FDA was saying 2 year minimum until full approval, now they say within a month. Seems legit to me. :rolleyes:

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
It’s ok. I’m sure it will all get better after everyone gets their booster shots or was that their second booster shot? :D

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
Copied this from a friend on another forum.

A local manufacturer here in rural Minnesota employs 320 people.
Human resources calculated roughly 150 as unvaccinated aka 53% vaccinated.
The company arranged for a mobile vaccination clinic to bring 100 doses of vaccine and set up on site for 1 day last week. To ensure its' success the company offered an incentive of a free $50 gas card for any employee vaccinated.

Wanna guess how many employees the mobile clinic vaccinated that day..... 3

Porcupine

Equipment
L2501
Jun 15, 2021
NC
This is a recent post with his input and they do raise some good points.

What I don't see them address is mutations in nature. The Delta variant is affecting the unvaccinated far more than it is the vaccinated. I haven't seen any evidence to suggest the Delta variant is a mutation derived from vaccinated individuals, but I am not saying it isn't.

They also aren't addressing the strain on the healthcare system, which is what I have always been focused on. Sure we can let people get sick...but if that number of people gets too high and we run out of hospital space then people have no supportive/skilled care and have a greater chance of death.

When he mentioned fluvoxamine and apixiban for COVID I raised an eyebrow.

The Apixiban study is still in progress, and I see no pre-published results that would indicate it is anything more than a prophylactic anticoagulant for patients at risk of clots. We use lots of drugs in this way for many conditions. https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04746339

Fluvoxamine may be a causal relationship...it appears to show an unknown relationship between administration and clinical deterioration outcomes. The sample size was very small, although statistically significant. More research is needed.
Hmmmm-So they’re administering an anticoagulant for CoViD, and there are many reports of one of the side effects of the vaccine being unusual patterns of clotting.

I wonder what the relationship is.

Status
Not open for further replies.