Status
Not open for further replies.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
So far the symptoms from the shot sound worse than the actual flu/virus that our family dealt with recently. YMMV

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
LX3310, FEL, 60" bucket, 60" grapple, 60" box blade, 60" flail, LX2980 blower,
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
For many years I have dutifully gotten a flu shot that made me feel like crap for 24-36 hours for an illness that would have just been an inconvenience for me, because each year my doc reminds me it’s not for me, it’s for my elderly mother and the other seniors in our community- if I don’t get it, I can’t pass it on. I will get this one too for the same reason.

Reactions: 1 user

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
It seems that there have been less adverse reactions from the Moderna vaccine.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Wife got the vaccine today. She had a small reaction to the Moderna vaccine. Upset tummy and uncontrollable belching for about an hour. Figures she probably had a small allergy to an ingredient in it.

It was a surprisingly small amount of the vaccine (1/2tps) that you receive.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
71,000 vaccinated her (both injections) as of yesterday and no adverse reactions.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I heard that a nurse up in Alaska got her shot and it is a good thing she was at work because she was rushed to the ER after going into anaphylactic shock so maybe it aint all rainbows and sunshine

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I heard that a nurse up in Alaska got her shot and it is a good thing she was at work because she was rushed to the ER after going into anaphylactic shock so maybe it aint all rainbows and sunshine
I have been reading about several allergic reactions to the vaccine too. There is some speculation that one ingredient called ethylene glycol is the culprit.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I have been reading about several allergic reactions to the vaccine too. There is some speculation that one ingredient called ethylene glycol is the culprit.
Yup that's healthy 😱😱😱 No wonder people are having reactions.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
PEG poly ethylene glycol. Look at your shampoo and toothpaste labels. They are a common ingredient.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
They are recommending that if you have the kind of severe allergies that require you to carry an epi pen, e.g. for bee stings, that you not take the Moderna or Pfizer vaccination. They both use polyethylene glycol compounds as carriers for the active component. The Astra Zeneca vaccine is different, and so wouldn’t have that allergic profile. All vaccines have that potential. Ever been asked if you are allergic to eggs before getting a shot? Same problem. Not the active ingredient but what it is suspended in or grown in.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
The Astra Zeneca vaccine uses aborted baby cells. That is a real choice, right?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
They are recommending that if you have the kind of severe allergies that require you to carry an epi pen, e.g. for bee stings, that you not take the Moderna or Pfizer vaccination. They both use polyethylene glycol compounds as carriers for the active component. The Astra Zeneca vaccine is different, and so wouldn’t have that allergic profile. All vaccines have that potential. Ever been asked if you are allergic to eggs before getting a shot? Same problem. Not the active ingredient but what it is suspended in or grown in.
Eggs is the reason why my wife can't take the flu vaccine.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I love eggs, hardboiled, poached, fried, scrambled, anyway is all good with me. Getting hungry posting this. getting gas too, eggs cause me to pass wind... 😀 (y)😀

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I love eggs, hardboiled, poached, fried, scrambled, anyway is all good with me. Getting hungry posting this. getting gas too, eggs cause me to pass wind... 😀 (y)😀
maybe we should start calling you stinky.

Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
As I posted earlier, I will wait and see what my doctor recommends because of the anaphylactic reaction I have had in the past to injection. I hope that I get the green light. I have kept up on all my recommended vaccines and I'm a proponent of vaccines because they have proven very beneficial to society as a whole.

I do not like that employers get to dictate health decisions. I think those decisions should be left to the individual and his/her medical professional.

I fully understand the mistrust in the government and their involvement. The Tuskegee Study is one that comes to mind that brings distrust to the government.

Tuskegee Study - Timeline - CDC - NCHHSTP

Yet, as another poster pointed out, by this summer there is a good chance that things will becoming to an end and returning to normal. Historically, pandemics on average last 18-24 months. This summer we will be hitting the 18 month mark so there is a good chance if we do nothing, we will be seeing the pandemic coming to an end anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.