What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Killer RC

Equipment
1997 M4700DT
Sep 14, 2013
SW Ohio
New Rear tires and got em filled with Rim Guard, which added 1200 pounds to the rear. Much more stable now.

Also notice my new tool box. It's a 7.62mm ammo can. It was cheaper and more water tight than the Kubota tool box. The original tool box was broken off.

LeadHead

Equipment
Kubota L275, Allis Chalmers WD45, King Kutter II 3-point tiller, dirt scoop, brush hog, back blade
Sep 29, 2009
Illinois
How did you attach it to the tractor in such a manner to preserve its water-tightness?

Killer RC

Equipment
1997 M4700DT
Sep 14, 2013
SW Ohio
Drilled two holes in the bottom and bolted it down through that cross bar, with fender washers and silicone sealant on both sides of the holes. The ammo box already has a nice rubber gasket on the lid and tight clamping latch.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Whoo hoo! Got some seat time coming this weekend spreading some gravel, I'm excited to do it right now, might not be so excited after spreading this out around our parking area. We will see !
I knocked down a pile like that for a customer a few years ago. All I had to use was my B6100 and a 4' grading box. Took me about a day and a half to put the driveway in.

Burtonbr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 B2620, LA364 FEL,rear remotes,grapple pallet forks, many other toys.
Nov 11, 2012
NC
I would not like to spread that much gravel with just my box blade.
but with the loader this wasn't too difficult at all, about 3 hours spreading and smoothing and all done. Might even get another load the Kubota makes it easy.

Attachments

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I wish I had a bigger tractor with a loader at the time I did the driveway. 8 hours twisted sideways in the seat was murder on the back for a few days. But the money I got at the end of the day was worth it.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
It's enough work to spread material with an FEL. I can't imagine doing it any other way. The BX started out its working life for us doing what it was purchased to do and that was to help us gain access to our land down in the back of our main shop. There was no room for the 5740 so the BX had to bare the brunt of the work which it did and exceeded all our expectations. It helped remove all the trees and stumps, it cut the path down to the back and moved 8 tandem loads of road material and two tandem loads of top soil in the process. After the road was established then the 5740 took over.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Paul,,, Does your lovely bride know about you getting that young lady to help you?????:rolleyes:

Wildfire

Equipment
Paul,,, Does your lovely bride know about you getting that young lady to help you?????:rolleyes:
Oh man. You sure made wifey happy, happy, happy with that comment :D

Great pics man, really enjoyed checking those out!!
Glad you enjoyed them ;) here's a few more for you

New parking area done with the BX 25D

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Did anybody else get a little excited when they saw the big anvil sitting by the garage door and wants to see it blown sky high???

Wildfire

Equipment
Did anybody else get a little excited when they saw the big anvil sitting by the garage door and wants to see it blown sky high???
I thought about the same thing lol

Anvils are practically impossible to find here on the island. A few guys got them but won't part with them. One day last year I had a guy come in the shop with camo gear on asking me if I could modify his sniper rifle. I told him I don't do that kind of thing here. He looked around and said " I see something you don't have but I bet you want". I asked what it was. He replied "an anvil". I said "What do you need done"?

He wanted a custom knob put on the bolt of his rifle. It had to be threaded so it could be removed if need be. He didn't like the small knob on it as it was so I agreed to do it. The photos below will show how I did it and the completed project. The guy was so happy he shook my hand about five times before he left but the Important thing is I got the anvil :cool: