New profile posts

We bought a used Kubota which we are happy with. L2250 4wd. Problem someone ripped the wires off the hazard lights and the tail light. Here's the wires. YELLOW goes to the left tail light as well as a blue with white strip. On the right side it is just hanging under the fender. RED/BLUE goes to the hazard lights. BLACK is ground???? BLUE is ???
The wires are hanging off the parts but not connected under the seat. How should these be connected? ALSO - how do the hazard lights work. I pushed the hazard switch down and temporarily connect wires and nothing blinked?
We bought a used Kubota which we are happy with. L2250 4wd. Problem someone ripped the wires off the hazard lights and the tail light. Here's the wires. YELLOW goes to the left tail light as well as a blue with white strip. On the right side it is just hanging under the fender. RED/BLUE goes to the hazard lights. BLACK is ground???? BLUE is ???
The wires are hanging off the parts but not connected under the seat. How should these be connected? ALSO - how do the hazard lights work. I pushed the hazard switch down and temporarily connect wires and nothing blinked?
Hi ptwyz, I sure do hate to hear all this stuff you are going thru. My dad pasted last July. He had most of the same stuff wrong and a few others added in as well. Maybe this will make you feel a little better. The DR told my dad 6 yrs ago that he had 2 weeks to live. I know that if he would have listened to the Dr a little more and tried to eat what he was supposed to he would still be here. Dad was about as stubborn as a old mule so I guess you can imagine how well the Dr telling him what to do went over. Tell him not to eat sweets and every time you looked in his car there would be a box of debbie cakes. "They're for the kids" he would say with a strange scent of peanut butter and chocolate on his breath. You hang in there and don't let this stuff get you down. Just keep your chin up and try and do what you need to. The day my dad turned and started his down hill desent was when he just gave up. I hope you get to feeling better.
On another note, you sure do have a nice garage.
Well, I have an update for those who are in the know. I have full blown Type 2 Diabetes, My gall bladder is pretty much gone and is going to have to be removed. My pancreas is fried and I dont know what we are going to do about that and my liver has what the doctors say "extensive" damage and is going to have to be monitored closely. Well, now I'm depressed again, and will go back to bed.
Thanks guy's :) I appreciate it! Gotta go in tomorrow for another day of testing. This is beginning to suck very much. I want answers now, not more testing!!!
Hi Vic,
I havent received any info as yet. I have also checked my spam mail, and didnt find any mail from you.
Thanks
Conrad
Hello Vic,
I have a problem I hope you can help me with.
I just rebuilt the steering box an my L245F and all went well until I went to put the pittman arm back on. I can get to go about halfway but that's all. I have checked the alignment marks on the sector shaft and the arm and they line up but still can't get it all the way on.
I have cleaned and greased the splines on the shaft and I am stuck.
Any ideas how to get it back together.
Thanks for your help.
My Formula 242SS had a 454 but mated with an Alpha since it was an 87. The Bravo didn't come out till 88. To mount a Bravo is easy to just follow the mount plate and drill two holes. Then a fluid reservoir for drive fluid and the raw water pump assembly on the engine. WOT hole shot would twist the shaft in the drive so I will not get crazy with it but it will run WOT for full speed as long as it stays cool. The drive shower is critical!!! My old Alpha had so many problems with it that I gave up on a fix and since replacing it was the only resort I pretty much had there was no way I was going to put another Alpha behind this BBC. Oh yea as far as the impeller on a Bravo system it depends on how easy one can reach the bottom of the engine. The pump is mounted lower than the water line in an effort to flood the impeller. My LS is much easier than the SS due to the bilge design.
That's impressive you converted and alpha to a bravo! The bravo's are for the big boys :) Can the bravo really handle that much hp that you are sending through it? Man that is a lot at 630!!!!
It is a bummer having to drop the lower unit to change the impeller but that's life. Is the bravo version on the engine side easier to change?
As you guessed, the old man had done one of two things, probably both. One is never aligned the engine and the other is crank the engine with the stern drive in the full retracted position for towing. There is not a cut out for it and as you know the universal joint will lock up but the engine will still turn over.
I did buy an alignment tool from this site. I also got a new stern drive from SEI. No way can I afford a new mercury and rebuilds never last. Here is a useful link for manuals if you need.
Eric. Tell me at least one of the messages I sent you about that ford got through. To hell with it I will do it here. Computer should not be expensive. Get V.I.N. call napa ford and scrappers. If it is auto make sure is 3 spd not 4 spd. If wiring is messed with a whole lot in engine compartment then walk away. Plug new comp in before you buy the truck.:D Jim
Hi Vic,
do you know if the cylinder head from the 2 cyl engines are interchangable? i have a L1801 DT with a cracked head and have found several sites offering new ones. The thing is some show them as the same for L1501 L175 L185 ect. others show them as diffrent! can you please help.
Thanks
Dave
WOW! You are getting some really good hands on experience. Like me, problems from the git-go. That is great though. Like you said, if one can do it just do it yourself. Marine is different but not impossible or rocket science; small learning curve. Have you adjusted your engine/drive alignment? That is what takes out couplers. Do you have a Merc Alpha drive? Most any drive will need the impellers replaced every 3 or 4 years depending on the water that runs through it.
I bought my Formula's broke and have been building more power on one and converted the drive from an Alpha to Bravo on the other. I do all my own work and learning a lot. Hoping to dyno my stroker build-up in a couple of months. We're looking for 630HP on the dyno. Even these Bravo's, that have the raw water pump up on the engine instead of in the drive, need a new impeller every couple of years.
I picked up this one about six years ago from an old man that could no longer launch and recover. It was all getting too much for him. He told me he was the second owner and that his buddy that did the maintenance was the first owner.
He told me it never let him down and he could always count on it.

Well, I guess I wasn't so lucky. The first few years I had to get towed back several times. The first year the water pump in the stern drive went out and I didn't notice because I was just getting on plane and avoiding other traffic. Stuff got real bad real fast. The exhaust risers overheated and melted the rubber connecting boots and the sift cable. The next year RPM's go up but no prop action. The splines on the coupler that the drive shaft of the stern drive goes in were stripped out. At least I know my boat real well now because I'm doing all the work. Why pay somebody for something you are perfectly capable of doing your self :)
Don't be embarassed on the water. It is great just to be there. I'm glad you can appreciate a good time on the water.