New profile posts

Hello vic!
I am in the process of rebuilding a steering box for a b7001 serial # is 10418 it's a mess the case is cracked steering shaft is shot! Familiar story it is I'm sure! Now here is my situation I ordered a housing from kubota and it is a little shorter than the stock one! I ordered a steering shaft from SAMs tractor parts and the pitch on teeth ofthe gearing doesn't match the stock pitch witch ofcourse does match the sector shaft! So I'm seeking advice on what I should do! I'd loveto get my tractor back to running and not have it rigged up! I want to do it right! Sam did offer to take the shaft back if I want! Please help!
Thanks mark
goodevening vic,
could you give me an idea on the price to get either 1 or 2 of the 20.5*8*10 turf tires for my b1750 shipped to 49332 in central lower michigan?
thanks
kjjehnzen
Hey Vic. I have been in touch with you in the past about my gray market 2402DL.
I have a problem with my hydraulic system and could use your expertise.
Do you have a phone number I could call you on??
Thanks
Jim
I just bought a Kubota L4310 HST cab tractor with 307 hours on it. I noticed where the tractor was setting that there was a small fuel leak by what I saw on the ground. I brought it home done a major overhaul (clean, filters etc.), but I cannot seem to fin where the fuel is leaking. Yesterday I just happened to see a drop fall to the card board. Funny, it seems to be coming from a bolt that holds the fuel tank to a metal brace. It is fuel wet in from and behind that metal brace. It also seems to screw into the fuel tank. It looks like the bolt that holds the tank in place.

Thanks for the help, Marcus
it may be just the bearing at the bottom. the shaft and gears look ok to me but im no expert. i do know the bearing at the bottom is in pieces.
hello mr. vic...i am a new member and i have a question. I have a 1974 kubota L140, the steering just went out in it and i guess i need a rebuild or new kit for it. do you know where i can order or find one please? i have been searching theweb but cant seem to find anything, my search skills probably aint to good.
hey Vic i hate to keep bothering you but i can not find a flow restrictor at any of the local hydraulic shops. any help would be great. also it goes in the out port right? i have in, out, pb. the out goes to the fill cap adapter
i looked and found a few but im not sure of the gallon per minute on the system and what to reduce it too.
The RIM Guard is needed if you plan on doing any Front End Loader work. The other alternative would be to put a large implement - like a bod blade - on the rear of the tractor to act as as counter balance. The Rim Guard product is used as Ballast in the rear tires. It is biodegradable and safe for metal wheels - unlike Calcium Chloride which can rust the rims over time. Good Luck.
Hi I just ordered a new L3800 also but I didnt order with rim guard should I? Why
hey Vic, i used the hydraulic line roughting sheet you had posted a few months ago, i ran the in to the in and the out to the fill port and then the pb to the port in the hydraulic block next to the in. my question is would the loader go down any slower if i switch the pb and the out? my loader drops so fast that with a load it will almost tip the tractor even with weights. or is that not possible?
If you are going to ballast the tires I would ballast with Rimguard, its organic and made out of beet juice. It is expensive but it will not rust your rims if you get a leak. The 2nd option is to take a large plastic can (garbage or pail) that will fit inside the wheel, cut it down and put some 3/4 inch PVC evenly space in 3 spots and then go to the hardware store and buy a couple sacks of 80 pound concrete and pour it into the plastic pail. You then drill your wheels at the spots outside the lugs and you have instant weight.

As far as painting the wheel;s I just never had to mine but the idea would be to go cheap and use a rattle can and paint away. Just look around this site for rattle can repaint.

I never did a temp gauge on my L-1801 as I always checked and a themo-siphon engine has no place on it to put a temp sender or gauge on it.
Would like to add weight to the tires somehow.
Considered ballasting but I'm not dead set on a route just yet.

I will paint the tires soon.
Would like to do all the tins on the tractor as well.
Buy a spray gun and try it myself.

I bought a temperature gauge but not sure where to install.
Did you add one?
I have a BX2200 330 Hrs. it started leaking oil up in front by the flywheel I assumed it was the rear seal which is actucally in the front, but when I removed the flywheel oil came out of one of the bolt holes which holds the flywheel to the crank I wiped out the hole and it looks like all the others. Why would it be leaking oil through the crank or am I just imaging things, the seal itself looks good and as wet as the flywheel is it almost had to be coming from the center of the crankshaft itself.