New profile posts

How do you change the transmission fluid on a L3800 - as part of the 50 hr maintenance?
Don't remember visiting ... but their's a lot of things these day's I don't remember these days (67 YO). I only have an old L-1500, that I'm very slowly working on. I live in Mexico 1,000 + miles south of San Diego, so parts are really non-exhistant. Make a run to VA in San Diego every few months and then have to drive 250 miles to Bakersfield to get to TSC. We are entering our prime hurricane season till mid-October.
Regards,
Smokey
Don't remember visiting ... but their's a lot of things these day's I don't remember these days (67 YO). I only have an old L-1500, that I'm very slowly working on. I live in Mexico 1,000 + miles south of San Diego, so parts are really non-existent. Make a run to VA in San Diego every few months and then have to drive 250 miles to Bakersfield to get to TSC. We are entering our prime hurricane season till mid-October.
Regards,
Smokey
Hi, i saw whre you visited my page...this is the third big orange for me...I am a believer!
My B2150 has leaked power steering fluid out of the steering column. What do i need to do to sort this out. Also, where do I top up the power steering fluid? If anyone can help I would appreciate your help.
how do i tow/pull safely ? keen to know how to hitch chains and which direction to pull in (drive or reverse?)
hi all, i would love to get some info on towing/pulling logs behind my L1500 tractor. keen to know how and where to attach chains etc. to avoid flipping.
Ok stuart,
I am interested in the workshop manual and parts manual.
B7001 mainly, but I think the 7100 manual could be useful.
When you can please send me some link.
Ok stuart,
I am interested in the workshop manual and parts manual.
B7001 mainly, but I think the 7100 manual could be useful.
When you can please send me some link.
If you are interested in the manuals for the related export models, please let m know, and I will send you some links.
SDV - I hope you don't mind this private message - but I have a question specifically for you - since you work on these Orange machines all the time. I have a new L3800 Hydro with FEL. It has about 20 hrs on it. The 3 pt hitch jerks in the upward motion. I've talked to my dealer and he says that there is some adjustment that can be done to the "feedback linkage" to correct this. He said that the mechanic needed to pull the top of the tractor to do the work. He has the tractor now and is confident that it will solve the problem. Are they on the right track - or is he blowing smoke at me ????

I thought that Kubota had fixed this issue long time ago !!

Thanks -
Tom Krzemecki
Livonia Michigan

Private email to: tom167@gmail.com
Well I have been super busy and so has my green machine. I have been working a lot of O/T and then doing a 2nd hobby of mine of buying older used Apple computers and fixing them if they need it and then reselling them. I do not really know of anything that a good 100 hour gift for the tractor. Maybe making a light bar and putting on some after market driving lights. Just make sure they are low wattage.
Hi Sam, I have an old L-1500 (L-175), and I live in Baja Mexico. Spend several hours a day on OTT, But don't post often.
Hi Smokey. I'm still here LOL. Been a while since I have been surfing here so I thought to drop a line. How goes the orange tractor?
How's that blasphemous green machine of yours running?

I've been busy repairing mine.
Had to redo the cylinder head gasket. Replaced it last year but used a gasket sealant (mistake #1) then didn't torque the head bolts (#2). Buddy forgot his torque wrench and I never got around to torquing. That mistake cost me another $45.

Just celebrated 100 hours with my tractor.
What's a good 100 hour anniversary for a tractor?

Planted almost 1500 trees this year.
Yard should look awesome in about 4 years.
Need to figure out a way to water them all without too much effort.

Life is good Michael.
I hope all is well with you.
Welcome to ott. We use to live in lawton. Like Oklahoma .Im not on often but sure you will enjoy the site a lot of smart knowledgable people here that will try to help.Ask questions if you have them. handy
Vic thanks so much for all the info and help! Im so glad you helped me get to the bottom of this problem, i will order a sector shaft nest week! is that something that you sell? Also wondering if you know how many if any shims i should get for that steering box? Again you were a big help!
mark
Vic thanks for the reply! the part number from Sam is 67280 that's his part number which says it replaces part number 66811-41200! the case part number is 66811-41115, i bought an oil seal 09500-22358, a gasket 66905-41170, i have included pictures of the two gear boxes, the new and the old shaft as well as pics of the new and old shaft mating up to the sector shaft! There are no shims! the original upper and lower bearing were shot and i have new ones for those! the pics are in my profile thingy if you can look at them there since im having trouble figuring out how to get them on here! thanks again mark