I been cooking a LOT more this year than in years past and I believe I'll probaly be doing more in the future because of the prices of prepared food (restaurant food pricing is skyrocketing).
Neighbors might think I'm crazy. I have the grill going 6 days a week, cold, hot it don't matter. I grill. I actually had to clear out a spot in front of the house last year during snowmageddon, we were off work, and almost 20" of snow on the ground...I cleared out a spot in front of the driveway with the tractor and parked the grill out there. Didn't have no power at the house so I fired up the generator and ran the pellet grill. Killed a rabbit the nigh before and grilled it up. It was ok. Not a huge fan of rabbit or squirrel, actually I'm not a huge fan of many wild animals' meat but in a pinch it'll eat. That evening I throwed a couple taters on the grill for a couple hours at 225 deg. Easy peasy. Olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little garlic (I eat garlic on everything). Delicious. Everyone who's eaten smoked taters has raved about them. This last week I also smoked some spaghetti noodles....boil them normally on the stove, then drain normally. Then put the whole thing on the smoker for about 15 minutes stirring a few times in between so that teh smoke gets to all the noodles. Pull 'em off, then make normal spaghetti with sauce. I use Polska Kielbasa sausage rather than hamburger but y'all can do it however. I've used bear meat in the past too and that's actually pretty good. But the smoked noodles--that's a different taste for sure, but very good. Try it. Also broiled (or smoked) some italian bread on the grill, I just flipped the grill grate (that is the actual brand "grillgrate") over, flat side up, and prepared the bread with some italian seasoned butter. Smoky taste with italian bread. Pretty dern good! Did smoked lasagna a while back which was also good. I just used some frozen lasagna with meat sauce and cooked it on the grill. Actually I use the grill like an oven. If it can be cooked in the oven I'll do it on the grill for a little different spin on the same ol' same-o. The only difference is that the wood fired grill gives it a smoky taste which some may not like, but they also make different "flavored" pellets. For instance, for seafoods I use applewood. Steak I use hickory. Burgers I'll smoke them slowly with blended pellets. You get the idea.
Don't be afraid to try different things. Sometimes it turns out to be a bust but you won't know til you tried it.