What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68,Flail Mower,Z421
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
Today we got some BLING assembled for the forks.

Spousal Unit asked what is was for…MIL suite I said.🥶
I bought a similar unit and it works great for trimming higher branches and changing bulbs in the barn. I don't do well on ladders. One thing I added was a ratchet strap to hold it tight to the forks so it won't accidentally fall off.

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I bought a similar unit and it works great for trimming higher branches and changing bulbs in the barn. I don't do well on ladders. One thing I added was a ratchet strap to hold it tight to the forks so it won't accidentally fall off.
Yep, that is main purpose for it…Ive been using a pallet of sorts…then I hung an owl box earlier this year…never again. i have a bit of trimming to do at the new place up North soon (weather permitting) so I finally put it together and hope to take it with me next trip up.

Attachments

Reactions: 5 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Mowed grass and took out a flower/scrub bed with the loader. Got a new culvert put in earlier in the week and used the soil from the flower bed to build up the shoulder of the road on either side of the new driveway. Trees need to be watered but that's going to be tomorrow's project.

Reactions: 3 users

BonnySlope

Equipment
BX2380FEL, Add-A-Grapple, Titan 48" Box scraper, 60" Rake, 72" Rear Blade, Flail
Apr 11, 2021
NW Oregon
Had a roof top cargo carrier just taking up space, so I disassemble and made a hitch carrier. This half works for spot sprayer. Will work on any 2" receiver Second_Life-Roof-top_cargo-carrier.jpg .

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

Gaspasser

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060, FEL, forks, front snowblower. KX033 mini ex. Dump truck, Husqvarna saws.
Dec 16, 2023
NH
Installed Pat's quick hitch system on the L6060 between the downpours. Will double check nuts and cotter pins as skies opened up just as I was nearly finished. Also noticed the pins that maintain the 3 pt hitch lower arm spread seem to be upside down. Please see pics. Would it not be more stable with pins inserted at opposite ends and secured by hairpin clips?

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

Gaspasser

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 16, 2023
NH
Interesting platform. Would be handy when building shed/barn. A few questions come to mind. May I assume you raise the platform to the desired position and then climb onto it with ladder? And are there any issues with the hydraulics bleeding down while you are using it?

Thanks for sharing.

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68,Flail Mower,Z421
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
Interesting platform. Would be handy when building shed/barn. A few questions come to mind. May I assume you raise the platform to the desired position and then climb onto it with ladder? And are there any issues with the hydraulics bleeding down while you are using it?

Thanks for sharing.
You could get in that way, but I either have someone else get in the basket while it's on the ground and then raise it or I have someone raise it while I'm in it. I don't have a self leveling loader, so the ratchet strap is very important to keep the basket from sliding on the forks. As far as the hydraulics bleeding down, I haven't noticed any issues but then again I'm not keeping it at one spot all that long.

Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Installed Pat's quick hitch system on the L6060 between the downpours. Will double check nuts and cotter pins as skies opened up just as I was nearly finished. Also noticed the pins that maintain the 3 pt hitch lower arm spread seem to be upside down. Please see pics. Would it not be more stable with pins inserted at opposite ends and secured by hairpin clips?
I’m not positive how those pins in the telescopic stabilizers are “supposed” to be installed. I know mine came from the dealer with the pins installed upside down from the way yours are in your pic. The end of the pin with the hole for the hairpin was inserted through the stabilizer and hairpin installed on the bottom side of the stabilizer to prevent the pin from getting knocked out. In practice, the hairpins kept getting knocked out routinely by brush, tall grass, etc. but the pins never came out, so after replacing about a dozen hairpins in the first 100 hours of use, I now leave the hairpins out. 450 hours later, have never had a pin come out of a stabilizer. YMMV.

Reactions: 1 user

fc1

Equipment
L3940
Apr 17, 2024
Michigan
I’m not positive how those pins in the telescopic stabilizers are “supposed” to be installed. I know mine came from the dealer with the pins installed upside down from the way yours are in your pic. The end of the pin with the hole for the hairpin was inserted through the stabilizer and hairpin installed on the bottom side of the stabilizer to prevent the pin from getting knocked out. In practice, the hairpins kept getting knocked out routinely by brush, tall grass, etc. but the pins never came out, so after replacing about a dozen hairpins in the first 100 hours of use, I now leave the hairpins out. 450 hours later, have never had a pin come out of a stabilizer. YMMV.
My new to me 500hr 3940 arrived like that; it was several weeks before I realized the chained pins were even drilled for hair pins :)

Reactions: 2 users

Gaspasser

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 16, 2023
NH
My new to me 500hr 3940 arrived like that; it was several weeks before I realized the chained pins were even drilled for hair pins :)
Thanks guys. Sounds like I'll be ok as long as I keep an eye out. I assume that both pins would have to release for the lower arms to swing free as even one that's pinned prevents lateral swing.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Thanks guys. Sounds like I'll be ok as long as I keep an eye out. I assume that both pins would have to release for the lower arms to swing free as even one that's pinned prevents lateral swing.
If you were holding the end that was in the stabilizer, yup, they're upside down. The hair pins should secure them in the stabilizers from underneath. But as most pointed out, it's a good way to lose the hair pins if you're working in brush a lot. I've only lost one, but it can happen. My next question is why they're bent? Are you using them in the slotted holes that allow your lift arms to have some lateral movement (but restricted from hitting the tires)? If you have a Rotary Cutter or something equally as heavy and it's swinging back and forth, that would answer for the bent pins. Lifted loads that can shift laterally can also cause some serious instability of the tractor. There should be VERY little movement of the lift arms if it's set up and pinned right, certainly not enough for anything to get enough momentum to bend those pins. If they're bent because the chains are catching on stuff and snatching them then just give the chains a twist so they don't hang down. I try to make sure that the pins are spaced evenly on the stabilizers, meaning the arms are centered behind the tractor. Eventually, you wind up with some marks on the stabilizers that mean something only to you and you can quickly put them in the right place after coupling an attachment. I have some Cat 0 and some Cat 1 (mostly) so use some different settings. To make it more interesting, my QH is a Cat 2 size, so there was 3 different settings I was using until I adapted my little Cat 0 receiver hitch to the QH.

There's a post in here somewhere about some little 10mm ball-lock pins with a thumb button for release. NO more hair pins. Don't have 'em yet because the hair pins are cheap and readily available. There's 3 Tractor Supply stores within 20 miles of me.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
First day under 80. Wok up to storms that dropped .5” and then windy. Jumped on the B1700 after lubing it up and mowed. Hard to cool off at 90% humidity but it at least stayed overcast. Broke out the pressure washer and got all (or most) of the spring mud off her. Got the B3200 out and packed in some stone where the dirt settled from the power line run in to the barn. Done just in time to watch it start spitting rain again. IMG_2925.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
@Old_Paint asked: My next question is why they're (pin) bent?

My observation on those pins is that they’re bent to keep them from inserting too far. Those pins in particular have a stopper so don’t require the bend for that particular design attribute.

The bend also can be used as an indicator for where the hole in the pin is located. In my experience most hairpin holes are 90 degrees rotated from the bend.

Gaspasser

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 16, 2023
NH
If you were holding the end that was in the stabilizer, yup, they're upside down. The hair pins should secure them in the stabilizers from underneath. But as most pointed out, it's a good way to lose the hair pins if you're working in brush a lot. I've only lost one, but it can happen. My next question is why they're bent? Are you using them in the slotted holes that allow your lift arms to have some lateral movement (but restricted from hitting the tires)? If you have a Rotary Cutter or something equally as heavy and it's swinging back and forth, that would answer for the bent pins. Lifted loads that can shift laterally can also cause some serious instability of the tractor. There should be VERY little movement of the lift arms if it's set up and pinned right, certainly not enough for anything to get enough momentum to bend those pins. If they're bent because the chains are catching on stuff and snatching them then just give the chains a twist so they don't hang down. I try to make sure that the pins are spaced evenly on the stabilizers, meaning the arms are centered behind the tractor. Eventually, you wind up with some marks on the stabilizers that mean something only to you and you can quickly put them in the right place after coupling an attachment. I have some Cat 0 and some Cat 1 (mostly) so use some different settings. To make it more interesting, my QH is a Cat 2 size, so there was 3 different settings I was using until I adapted my little Cat 0 receiver hitch to the QH.

There's a post in here somewhere about some little 10mm ball-lock pins with a thumb button for release. NO more hair pins. Don't have 'em yet because the hair pins are cheap and readily available. There's 3 Tractor Supply stores within 20 miles of me.
Thanks Paint. Yep, the pins are bent by design. Just funny to me that dealer delivered them "upside down," I've only got 25 hours on tractor thus far and still discovering all the details. I have not used the 3 pt much and just finished the frame and receiver hitch for a carryall. I do use the "tight" holes and not the holes that allow more freedom of motion. Even at that, there is a fair amount of lateral free play but not enough to hit tires. I just installed Pat's quick hitch and they extend the arms by several inches. This puts my top link at full extension. I may need a longer top link as I add other implements. I have a rear remote installed for a hydraulic top link. Perhaps this is the time to order one of those. Thanks again for advice all.

Gaspasser

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 16, 2023
NH
Thinking more about the pins perhaps a clevis ring would be more resistant to being pulled out than a hairpin clip. I'll head to TSC tomorrow.

Really appreciate all the wealth of help and advice from all on the forum. Very much appreciated as I get the hang of the big tractor routine.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Thanks Paint. Yep, the pins are bent by design. Just funny to me that dealer delivered them "upside down," I've only got 25 hours on tractor thus far and still discovering all the details. I have not used the 3 pt much and just finished the frame and receiver hitch for a carryall. I do use the "tight" holes and not the holes that allow more freedom of motion. Even at that, there is a fair amount of lateral free play but not enough to hit tires. I just installed Pat's quick hitch and they extend the arms by several inches. This puts my top link at full extension. I may need a longer top link as I add other implements. I have a rear remote installed for a hydraulic top link. Perhaps this is the time to order one of those. Thanks again for advice all.
Mine came with no chains, so if I lose the hairpin, it’s just a matter of time before I lose the stabilizer pin too. Eventually when I quit being a tightwad, I’ll get some of the thumb latch push pins and dangle them with some 3/16 aircraft cable. In 3 years I’ve lost one hair pin, though. Hard to justify fixing something that ain’t broken.

• Haha

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
$175 at a nearby feed store…. used avocado-oil tote…. remove the plastic tank….and the aluminum cage makes a work-platform.

IMG_2875.jpeg

RunAmok Ranch

Equipment
L4600, Landpride 1860 shredder, Landpride box blade
Nov 29, 2023
Tellico Plains, TN
If you did something to or on you're tractor today and you don't want to start a new thread then post it here :D
Since I'm several states away from my L4600 ("Gus") all I can do is surf forums and look at the barn cam when it notifies me there's a new photo uploaded. Building a retirement homestead in East TN and have 5 cameras monitoring the place between trips from home here in Houston, TX. Homebuilder has broken ground on the house, and I have the metal barn about 45% shelled in; but I completed the lean-to for the side by side and tractor first to get them out of the way of the house build.
Barn Cam.JPG

Reactions: 5 users