What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yea, most on the FEL are original. I’m amazed they have lasted this long. The rubber outer coating has been cracked for years. If water gets in it rusts the braid, then after a while you get what I had today. I threw a old longer one I had on to finish what I was doing. But full replacement on the FEL will be in my future. I have been through the BH already.
My L48 TLB lived the 1st 13 years of it's life outside.
It lives inside now, and I don't plan new hoses, until the first one goes.
Some slight cracking, but they all do still appear to be quite serviceable.

Replacing your BH hoses must have been quite difficult/frustrating.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Curiosity: What are you using your boom truck for?
I do all types of light crane work, HVAC, unloading anything and everything off of semis, hot tubs, storage sheds, but mostly trusses, for 24 years now. 110" of boom, and the 360 degree rotation and 1400 pound counterweight make it a bit different, a lot, from the stand up behind the cab types, which I had 4 of before I wised up. Plus I get to sit on my butt rather than stand up.
IMG_20210728_174921053.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I do all types of light crane work, HVAC, unloading anything and everything off of semis, hot tubs, storage sheds, but mostly trusses, for 24 years now.
They call.....you unload ?
Nice!
Does the "flyidaho" relate to.... "flying" materials into position with crane

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
This weekend, doing some clearing of new growth around the 3" supply line that runs down the mountain 1/4 mile to my hydro electric generator, I set the 80 volt Greeenworks well out of the way, of course! 30 minutes later, backing up, I was surprised to feel the rear of the tractor lift up, I had backed one (filled) wheel (including 150 pounds of weight on the scraper blade) up on top of it. "Darn it" I said, and drove off it, already thinking I'd immediately order a new one and just try and forget it wasn't the original I stupidly ran over. Just for grins, I picked it up and hit the trigger, no joy and no surprise. I set it back down and went back to tractor work, right before I took a break and was going to eat lunch and order a new one, I tried it again, still no joy. Then I remembered it's panic bar, pulled it back, and it turns out it was 100% unharmed. Where the rear tire rested, was directly on top of the battery case, and it supported what had to be about 800 to 1800 pounds (just a guess) with NO damage. Even better, the same day, while bushwhacking along the creek, I finally found my 60 volt Greenworks chainsaw I had misplaced last fall, searched for, and
IMG_20240421_103238374.jpg
never found. It had wintered over, while the battery was in my Greenworks lawnmower. I pulled the chain, soaked it in gas then oil, and it too is totally unharmed. I think I have a new career as a Greenworks spokesperson.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
This weekend, doing some clearing of new growth around the 3" supply line that runs down the mountain 1/4 mile to my hydro electric generator, I set the 80 volt Greeenworks well out of the way, of course! 30 minutes later, backing up, I was surprised to feel the rear of the tractor lift up, I had backed one (filled) wheel (including 150 pounds of weight on the scraper blade) up on top of it. "Darn it" I said, and drove off it, already thinking I'd immediately order a new one and just try and forget it wasn't the original I stupidly ran over. Just for grins, I picked it up and hit the trigger, no joy and no surprise. I set it back down and went back to tractor work, right before I took a break and was going to eat lunch and order a new one, I tried it again, still no joy. Then I remembered it's panic bar, pulled it back, and it turns out it was 100% unharmed. Where the rear tire rested, was directly on top of the battery case, and it supported what had to be about 800 to 1800 pounds (just a guess) with NO damage. Even better, the same day, while bushwhacking along the creek, I finally found my 60 volt Greenworks chainsaw I had misplaced last fall, searched for, and View attachment 126850 never found. It had wintered over, while the battery was in my Greenworks lawnmower. I pulled the chain, soaked it in gas then oil, and it too is totally unharmed. I think I have a new career as a Greenworks spokesperson.
I have a little Greenworks 16" saw.
Absolutely perfect for this old guy!
My Stihl has been resting comfortably on a barn shelf, since the Greenworks arrived, 5 years ago.

Perhaps you should buy a lottery ticket?

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
This weekend, doing some clearing of new growth around the 3" supply line that runs down the mountain 1/4 mile to my hydro electric generator, I set the 80 volt Greeenworks well out of the way, of course! 30 minutes later, backing up, I was surprised to feel the rear of the tractor lift up, I had backed one (filled) wheel (including 150 pounds of weight on the scraper blade) up on top of it. "Darn it" I said, and drove off it, already thinking I'd immediately order a new one and just try and forget it wasn't the original I stupidly ran over. Just for grins, I picked it up and hit the trigger, no joy and no surprise. I set it back down and went back to tractor work, right before I took a break and was going to eat lunch and order a new one, I tried it again, still no joy. Then I remembered it's panic bar, pulled it back, and it turns out it was 100% unharmed. Where the rear tire rested, was directly on top of the battery case, and it supported what had to be about 800 to 1800 pounds (just a guess) with NO damage. Even better, the same day, while bushwhacking along the creek, I finally found my 60 volt Greenworks chainsaw I had misplaced last fall, searched for, and View attachment 126850 never found. It had wintered over, while the battery was in my Greenworks lawnmower. I pulled the chain, soaked it in gas then oil, and it too is totally unharmed. I think I have a new career as a Greenworks spokesperson.
I've had that same 80v saw for the last three years, I don't think I'll ever own a gas powered saw again, that thing is a beast - and you can buy a new bar and chain for less than $30 (together) - fantastic to hear it survived a drive-over.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Noticed the grab handle in the B1700 was loose the other day. Inspected it at lunch and a nut was missing. The wife was in town so I had her grab one from the store. M10-1.25 flange nut. 14mm socket needed. Ran it on and tightened all handles on both the B1700 and the B3200. All were loose. Not something would normally check when checking for loose hardware.

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT

It wasnt the worst job I have done. Messy, but doable. I don’t know if the 48 is like the 35 the way they route the hoses down through the swing joint or not, but that’s one of the tougher aspects is getting the cylinder end back in place with all the hoses fighting for room in there as well.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Yea, most on the FEL are original. I’m amazed they have lasted this long. The rubber outer coating has been cracked for years. If water gets in it rusts the braid, then after a while you get what I had today. I threw a old longer one I had on to finish what I was doing. But full replacement on the FEL will be in my future. I have been through the BH already.
I had to replace three hoses on the BX25D backhoe when I owned it and that was at around the 3 year mark. I bought it new and the tractor was kept in a barn and out of the sun, but the lack of humidity up here does a number on rubber products.

Reactions: 1 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Not much. Working on seasonal transition still. Target needs to get ready to mow shortly, but it’s not an emergency.

Took chains off, picked up a few downed limbs.

Put sharpened blades back on and drained the gearbox of the mower deck.

As it’s steep (look to the right of the house), I prefer not to mow with the loader on, but will likely do so once or twice this year before I take it off for the season

Weather Channel is saying rain mixed with snow tomorrow, but we won’t have any accumulation.

For BX guys, I’ve run these chains for 11 winters without wheel spacers. It’s tight in the wheel well, but if you’re careful it’s not a requirement to have spacers.

IMG_6770.jpeg

IMG_6771.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
It wasnt the worst job I have done. Messy, but doable. I don’t know if the 48 is like the 35 the way they route the hoses down through the swing joint or not, but that’s one of the tougher aspects is getting the cylinder end back in place with all the hoses fighting for room in there as well.
Very similar, I suspect.

js312

Equipment
BX1880, LA344S, 48" MMM
Jan 28, 2024
New England
Got it stuck for the first time!

I got a little too ambitious on a slope. I even thought "quit while you're ahead and wait for the ground to firm up and dry out before continuing with this". Too bad I didn't listen to myself. Not enough traction to go back up the hill because the ground is too slimy. Trying to back further down is a little precarious and would probably just make matters worse. Decided to use the phone a friend option and he'll swing by with one of his toys with a winch to help it along. I don't think it'll take much coaxing to get to where I have traction again, fortunately - I went just a little too far with it. In the meantime, it's stable and isn't going anywhere.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

I got a little too ambitious on a slope. I even thought "quit while you're ahead and wait for the ground to firm up and dry out before continuing with this". Too bad I didn't listen to myself. Not enough traction to go back up the hill because the ground is too slimy. Trying to back further down is a little precarious and would probably just make matters worse. Decided to use the phone a friend option and he'll swing by with one of his toys with a winch to help it along. I don't think it'll take much coaxing to get to where I have traction again, fortunately - I went just a little too far with it. In the meantime, it's stable and isn't going anywhere.
Seems like you made a good choice!

js312

Equipment
BX1880, LA344S, 48" MMM
Jan 28, 2024
New England
Seems like you made a good choice!
Yeah, I think I could get it going forward again with the locking diff. But there's also a non-zero chance that would cause the back end to kick out sideways just enough to get onto very uneven ground where it could roll.

Figured I should stop, wait for a second set of hands (and winch) since it's by far the safest option.

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yeah, I think I could get it going forward again with the locking diff. But there's also a non-zero chance that would cause the back end to kick out sideways just enough to get onto very uneven ground where it could roll.

Figured I should stop, wait for a second set of hands (and winch) since it's by far the safest option.
Good on you!

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota

You wont find its limitations unless you push it a little. Your safe is the most important.

Toyman

Equipment
B7100HST, 1630, 4' Tiller, 4' Rotary Mower; M4050 (SOLD) Woods Cadet 84
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
I have had the 40v Greenworks pole saw for about 5 years and it's been great. Powerful and if you keep the chain sharp, it gnaws through about anything. I also have the blower and vac. Got the vac to clean out my planter and the blower to clean off my brush hog. Thumbs up on the vac, the blower is a little under powered.

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX

Might want to rethink your game plan. My little L175 spent most of its life outside before I bought it about 10 years ago. It then got to spend its time under a carport.
About 2 years ago went to fire it up and bam. Fluid shot up from a hose at the fel control valve, hit the ceiling and promptly came raining down on me and the tractor.
Needless to say that prompted a hose replacement program.