What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
When you use "The soil was authentic cow paddy enriched pasture blend from a friend." You may want to inquire if/what your friend used to keep weed from growing in his pasture. The product could also keep your garden from growing.

Here's an example. GrazonNextHL (specialty herbicide) says right on the label.

Carefully read the section
“Restrictions in Hay or
Manure Use .”
• It is mandatory to follow
the “Use Precautions and
Restrictions” section of
this label.
• Manure and urine from
animals consuming grass
or hay treated with this
product may contain
enough aminopyralid to
cause injury to sensitive
broadleaf plants.

1713397169099.png

Reactions: 3 users

Razorback007

Equipment
Kubota L4802HST
Jan 6, 2024
Prairie Township, MO
When you use "The soil was authentic cow paddy enriched pasture blend from a friend." You may want to inquire if/what your friend used to keep weed from growing in his pasture. The product could also keep your garden from growing.

Here's an example. GrazonNextHL (specialty herbicide) says right on the label.

Carefully read the section
“Restrictions in Hay or
Manure Use .”
• It is mandatory to follow
the “Use Precautions and
Restrictions” section of
this label.
• Manure and urine from
animals consuming grass
or hay treated with this
product may contain
enough aminopyralid to
cause injury to sensitive
broadleaf plants.

View attachment 126592
Wow! Thank you! I’ll let you know how this turns out!

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Started cleaning another section of the property line aka dumping ground and moved some dirt.

Reactions: 1 user

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
IMG_2198.jpeg

If you squint a little you can see a house through the trees on the far side of the pond. That’s my parent’s old house, where our son lives now. The ground falls off pretty sharply about 6’ past the pond side of the house. Way too steep for any sort of equipment; much of it so steep it’s a bit challenging just to walk on. Over the years it has accumulated a visually irritating amount of deadfall, with several dead or wind fallen trees stuck in other trees. Decided to clean it up a bit.
IMG_2232.jpeg
Tractor stayed on the flat gravel path at the top. Hands and feet got the little stuff.
IMG_2235.jpeg
The Farmi got the bigger stuff, much of which was hung up in other trees. Nothing was big from the tractor/winch perspective but several things too big to move by hand.
IMG_2230.jpeg

Grapple made moving the resulting brush and small logs almost pleasant.

Reactions: 12 users

ely4donnie

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Good day.

I am not sure what is right, and I sure each have their own method that works best…for me I do several things:

1. A little bit of grease.

2. I put a wood block under the telescoping shaft to support it (that allows me to change position or adjust my hands without setting it down…having the shaft suspended IMO makes a huge difference.)

3. I come at it 2 ways…first time I am close to perpendicular to align the spline by rotating and pre set the collar once it is on the tip of the shaft…second time I come at an angle and just reach up to the suspended shaft / collar and finish the job (I change positions to this and use both hands so I can hold collar back and slide forward…long arms help as I can’t get my shoulders under there😉)

I am not sure that helps or makes sense, but that seems to work for me. 🥃
Good day.

I am not sure what is right, and I sure each have their own method that works best…for me I do several things:

2. I put a wood block under the telescoping shaft to support it (that allows me to change position or adjust my hands without setting it down…having the shaft suspended IMO makes a huge difference.)

3. I come at it 2 ways…first time I am close to perpendicular to align the spline by rotating and pre set the collar once it is on the tip of the shaft…second time I come at an angle and just reach up to the suspended shaft / collar and finish the job (I change positions to this and use both hands so I can hold collar back and slide forward…long arms help as I can’t get my shoulders under there😉)

Good day.

I tried a variation on your steps, using nylon webbing to hold the PTO shaft up and got it on the tip of the tractor PTO. I had to turn the mower shaft a bit. Then got it on the tractor PTO again and I was able to pull the collar back and the connector went right on the tractor PTO and it locked into place. Next were the links that usually are easy to do. Not so much this time, but eventually got the mower re-installed. Thank you!
Good day.

Reactions: 1 users

Sawburner

Equipment
L2501, Gravely 526
Dec 18, 2022
NY
E5041280-A3B6-40E6-A368-4E4F43534BFB.jpeg
2C76A18D-3B1D-4540-8929-B8AF7F03F49F.jpeg
E061A293-84C1-4E5E-BF29-2918B4B3FDBB.jpeg
F27CA4F2-0049-4259-93A8-196A1B96FA1A.jpeg

Continuation of the raised flower/train garden. Making a tunnel and mountain. Sure glad I have the Kubota.

Reactions: 8 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Back moving soil off the property line. Put the rear blade on for ballast. Once the dirt is done I'll start cutting the dead crap on our side of the line.

20240418_191800.jpg

20240418_190513.jpg

20240418_183454.jpg

20240418_190524.jpg

20240418_183452.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Once in a while, usually after doing a bunch of chipping or something where the hydraulic top and side link are no more useful than the original manual links, I kind of have a little thought that as nice as they are, I probably shouldn’t have spent that much money on something I’m not making money with. Well, today reminded me why I got them. No pics because just a little minor trail maintenance. Nothing exciting, so I hadn’t planned to post. But…

I have the original turnbuckle side link on the left and hydraulic on right. Level is hydraulic full up. So it normally tilts just one way and I like that because it makes it very easy to reset to level.

Today, the first little wallowed out muddy spot that needed fill and a bit of reshaping so it would drain was oriented such that the box blade had to tilt opposite the way it normally does. So I had to unlock the lock nut on the manual side link and adjust it manually. Not something I haven’t done hundreds or thousands of times in the past, but good grief! I had somehow gotten so used to tilting on the fly, moving it full range of motion in a couple seconds with a flick of a wrist; I had forgotten how slow and tedious the manual adjusters are.

If you EVER do any grading the hydraulics on the 3 point are worth every penny.

Reactions: 3 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Sorry, I mis read the post. I was most curious what you meant by this " Not a huge fan of the Gator G6 mower blades" Buying a set of G6 for the 2380 very soon so always looking for opinions. Glad to see they work on yours. So I know ill have no issues haha. The factory mulching blades I have aren't very good IMO.
I use the G6 blades on my RCK54-23BX. They seem to cut wet/heavy grass, leaves and the dry real well for me. Where the grass is real thick, I start high and make several passes. I mulch everything.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I planted them four years ago they ranged from 12-24". I need a lot more...
It might help for quicker growth to use a little granular 10-10-10, or similar, fertilizer each Spring.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I spent about 2.5 hours trying to connect the PTO shaft from my MMM to my BX2380. Every spring it's the same thing. The collar on the connector won't stay in the unlocked position. I've cleaned and lubed it, but nothing works. If I get it to 'stay' clicked back, the slightest touch will put it in the locked position. Plus the weight of the shaft makes it impossible for me to at least get it started on the tractor PTO and then pull the collar back.. (I'm not the biggest, strongest guy.) Any suggestions would be appreciated. (Or I don't mow during this coming grass growing season!)
I agree with rc51stierhoff's reply.

I use a bungee to take the weight off the shaft - its just about balanced at the right height. I have also found getting the pto shaft in pretty straight alignment with the implement helps a lot.

I do most of my implement hookups in the basement where they are stored on rolling dollies. Being able to move them around is a lot easier for me than maneuvering the tractor around.

All that said I am still considering the quick link device that you can find online. The post hole digger (outside on a homemade holder) is still a pia to hook up.

20 or 30 years ago it wasn't an issue. . .

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
If you spray your bucket with diesel fuel before moving sticky stuff it can be pretty helpful in getting the load to let go.

I’m not sure if that’s still politically / environmentally correct. Sometimes I have a hard time keeping up with all the changes in “acceptable”. But it does work.

Edit: Reading that back, maybe I misread that the first time and the shovel work was getting the last of the ash in the bucket, not having to shovel sticky wet ash out of the bucket. If so, my bad…
Yes, it was to get the rest of the ash in the bucket, it all came out really easy.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
More dirt work and I picked up a couple of IBC totes to use for watering trees. I'll keep one in the trailer and another hooked to a downspout.

20240419_184633.jpg

20240419_193407.jpg

20240419_193506.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Once in a while, usually after doing a bunch of chipping or something where the hydraulic top and side link are no more useful than the original manual links, I kind of have a little thought that as nice as they are, I probably shouldn’t have spent that much money on something I’m not making money with. Well, today reminded me why I got them. No pics because just a little minor trail maintenance. Nothing exciting, so I hadn’t planned to post. But…

I have the original turnbuckle side link on the left and hydraulic on right. Level is hydraulic full up. So it normally tilts just one way and I like that because it makes it very easy to reset to level.

Today, the first little wallowed out muddy spot that needed fill and a bit of reshaping so it would drain was oriented such that the box blade had to tilt opposite the way it normally does. So I had to unlock the lock nut on the manual side link and adjust it manually. Not something I haven’t done hundreds or thousands of times in the past, but good grief! I had somehow gotten so used to tilting on the fly, moving it full range of motion in a couple seconds with a flick of a wrist; I had forgotten how slow and tedious the manual adjusters are.

If you EVER do any grading the hydraulics on the 3 point are worth every penny.
Yeah, considering rear remotes for my LX. Most of the work I have left on my property is moving dirt and converting old erosion ditches to smooth swales. The current plan is A.get a rear blade, B. get a boxblade wider than the LX(need at least 60” blade), and a top/tilt package for the 3-point.

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Finally done with the wood burning stove for this winter, so time to move the trailer to its summer home.

m6060_16ft_dump_trailer.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
More dirt work and I picked up a couple of IBC totes to use for watering trees. I'll keep one in the trailer and another hooked to a downspout.

View attachment 126685
View attachment 126686
View attachment 126687
Quit showing all of that wonderful dirt! 😂 All I have is about 6" of nice dirt, then 24" of crushed and powdered rock and then rock! But I suppose the upside is that I know I'll never drown in a flood or be ripped apart by a tornado. :giggle: