What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
No work with the tractor, just pure pleasure unloading around 700lb worth of Yamaha goodness. It's always a good day when the delivery company shows up and there's no damage to the crate or the contents. NPT has been good to me over the years.

View attachment 124526

View attachment 124527
Is it a jet ski? I bet it’s a jet ski.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Is it a jet ski? I bet it’s a jet ski.
Ha! Ha! No ... it's not a jet ski. It's a 200hp 4.2L V6 outboard. :ROFLMAO: I'll be selling the 150hp 2.7L I4 outboard once I've completed the swap. That motor only has 265 hours on it so it should sell fairly easily.

Reactions: 1 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Ha! Ha! No ... it's not a jet ski. It's a 200hp 4.2L V6 outboard. :ROFLMAO: I'll be selling the 150hp 2.7L I4 outboard once I've completed the swap. That motor only has 265 hours on it so it should sell fairly easily.
During our recent stay in Florida we went to a resturant on the water. My friend and I walked around the docks looking at the boats - mostly outboards and Yamaha seemed to the motor of choice.
I believe this is 4 400hp and 1 300hp example - wouldn't want to pay for a day's gas!
5 outboards 20240223_175736.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
During our recent stay in Florida we went to a resturant on the water. My friend and I walked around the docks looking at the boats - mostly outboards and Yamaha seemed to the motor of choice.
I believe this is 4 400hp and 1 300hp example - wouldn't want to pay for a day's gas!
View attachment 124565
You know what BOAT means, right? Break Out Another Thousand.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
View attachment 124565
That's over $100K of engines out back and probably 2,500lb of weight. I wouldn't mind having two engines hanging off the transom, but I don't get the tri, quad and pent set ups. Just seems like a lot of money, a lot of fuel and marginal gains.

The other weird thing with odd numbers of engines is the prop rotation. You would normally have even numbers of left and right rotating outboards to balance thrust. With odd numbers greater than one, is the middle engine the "spare tire"?

Last edited:

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
That's over $100K of engines out back and probably 2,500lb of weight. I wouldn't mind having two engines hanging off the transom, but I don't get the tri, quad and pent set ups. Just seems like a lot of money, a lot of fuel and marginal gains.

The other weird thing with odd numbers of engines is the prop rotation. You would normally have even numbers of left and right rotating outboards to balance thrust. With odd numbers greater than one, is the middle engine the "spare tire"?
Maybe it’s the trolling motor 😆…for the smaller bodies of water! (I assume Ohio is not only state with the HP rule for smaller lakes?…anyway it was a joke)

I did see Honda now has V8 (350hp) outboards…a pair of those would be a good start.

• Haha

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
And then there is these guys!!

• Wow
  • Haha

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
My starter went the other day. There was a nice cold puddle where I needed to lie ok my back to replace it. So I moved it with the tractor!

IMG_8146.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
Ordered a BXpanded Talon Ripper tooth for my BH77 today (3/12). 5-7 days lead time - we'll see how long it takes to get here (TN to OR)
Incredible! 7 calendar days from order to delivery! Cardboard box was kinda beat up, but otherwise, shipment is fine!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I tried out my new to me Land Pride rear rake. Works well, and one wheel needs new bushings. They are made of plastic and cost $3.00 each, 2 required per side. Will pick them up on Saturday at the Kubota dealer.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I tried out my new to me Land Pride rear rake. Works well, and one wheel needs new bushings. They are made of plastic and cost $3.00 each, 2 required per side. Will pick them up on Saturday at the Kubota dealer.
Have ya thought about graphite impregnated bronze to replace them? You'd never have to lubricate them, and I'd bet they last a lot longer than plastic. If it's the wheels themselves, perhaps something with a ball bearing in it might be better suited. I don't like plastic bushings in anything that has to operate in dirt and dust, especially if it has to be stored outside when not in use.

How big a rake didja get? I'm thinking I need one to pull behind my LX for annual cleanup on the back side of my property. Needs to be at least 6 feet wide, but any wider, and I'm gonna have a lotta fun with all the trees back there. My problem is that NOBODY seems to be selling anything like that around here. Most of the used stuff I've seen at some of the 'local' auction houses is beat to crap and would cost as much to repair as it would to buy the implement new. Just haven't found the right person getting rid of the right implement at the right time, I guess. Those stars seldom align for me.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Have ya thought about graphite impregnated bronze to replace them? You'd never have to lubricate them, and I'd bet they last a lot longer than plastic. If it's the wheels themselves, perhaps something with a ball bearing in it might be better suited. I don't like plastic bushings in anything that has to operate in dirt and dust, especially if it has to be stored outside when not in use.

How big a rake didja get? I'm thinking I need one to pull behind my LX for annual cleanup on the back side of my property. Needs to be at least 6 feet wide, but any wider, and I'm gonna have a lotta fun with all the trees back there. My problem is that NOBODY seems to be selling anything like that around here. Most of the used stuff I've seen at some of the 'local' auction houses is beat to crap and would cost as much to repair as it would to buy the implement new. Just haven't found the right person getting rid of the right implement at the right time, I guess. Those stars seldom align for me.
Armstrong Ag, made in Texas, has some quality built attachments, many are built better than Land Pride!! Kubota dealer ordered it, I just waited till the dealership had a full shipment of attachments from Armstrong Ag. Took about 8 days, but no additional charge for shipping. The Armstrong AG 8' HD landscape rake has been a great asset, and I absolutely love it. Their website kinda sucks... but they do paint many of their attachments in Kuboter orange.
Screenshot_20240320_085431_YouTube.jpg

Fast forward to 34 minutes, scraped clean about an 1/2 acre in minutes.

I prefer to have a crown on my gravel roads, the roads last longer IMO during weathering events. Harder the surface, slower the drag, but this rake is HD enough for this type of work as well.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I think you might be right. They are calling for 9 inches of snow Saturday. I put the rear blade back on and staged the blower if it's needed.
Nailed it!! 😂 We have snow in the forecast for this weekend, but it's nothing like what you're going to get. I had the pallet forks on the MX for the past couple of weeks since I had three things to move, but it's an easy swap to get the snow blade back on.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I took my snowblower off, and I am going with G-d put it there, let him take it away. To much work for this old body to keep putting the equipment on and off. Last fall I sold my snow blade that took the place of a bucket since I hadn't needed it for a few years.

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Leaving the snowblower on for a while yet but removed the snowpusher and put the bucket back on. Had to move some bricks and sand to build a platform for a central air conditioner and the better half wanted it to match the existing allan block retaining wall along side the house. Digging in the frozen ground wasn't much fun at my age but got it done.

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
I don't think I posted anything Saturday. I worked on getting a tree down that uprooted a while back, but never did hit the ground. On the 4th pull of the pull rope it broke. I had some smaller pull rope and had to use it till I can find some of the right side. I was able to cut most of the way thru the base of the tree and use the tractor to break it off the rest of the way. I then used the grapple to pull it out of the other tree. I couldn't pick it up, but I was able to get the lower teeth under it and put enough up pressure to pull it.

Cut 5 80" and 1 60" logs out of it. These are 2 of the logs:

11_38_37.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I made a major investment in fuel for the tractor. 10 gallons of fuel cost $39.99! With any luck, I won't need fuel for a couple of months.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I made a major investment in fuel for the tractor. 10 gallons of fuel cost $39.99! With any luck, I won't need fuel for a couple of months.
Good investment!
By memorial day, your "investment" will have likely gained a least 5%
+5% in two months, ain't all that bad!