What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

wfd2

Equipment
BX23, RTV900, M8560, and SSV65
Aug 7, 2013
Paris, MI
Did something to the transmission pushing snow. BX23, 650 hrs and poof. In hi or lo, in reverse or forward, it vibrates, shudders and whines. Oh boy.

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Was out this morning plowing my driveway again of the snow that came late last evening. It cleared and was -11 degrees when I got up this morning. I think a cab building is in my future.
Replaced the battery before starting tractor in -18 deg. C temperature. Then I cleared the 4000 foot long driveway with the blower. I sure could use a heated cab.
Driveway or runway?

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Kubota Man,

I laughed at your post...

When my daughter was 10, I had an ancient old Ford F-1700. I lined the bucket with carpet and put my daughter in it for a home made roller-coaster ride. She thought that was big fun, screaming on the way down. (This was the same kid that at 5 used to love me to hurl her to the other end of the pool, over-and-over-and-over...)

Then, as is typical this time of year for the colder climes, in late summer we got cabin fever and took the tractor up a nearby wash. We started out with her in the carpeted bucket but, even at a snails pace, I was wondering how long it would take to launch her over the bucket lip. So, I moved her to the driver's seat. After about two minutes uncomfortable sitting on the fender, I put her in low range and mid throttle and just walked along side her as she drove. She had much more fun driving it herself, even without power steering.

I wonder how long those memories will last?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Me and lil orange, lil red and the truck sat out in the garage enjoying some adult beverages,,,,, and listened to the blues and watched the snow

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Me and lil orange, lil red and the truck sat out in the garage enjoying some adult beverages,,,,, and listened to the blues and watched the snow
Skeets, next time - I want an early invite!! What say we leave out the snow? Eh?:p

I'll buy the "adult beverages!":)

kimandmike120

Equipment
L185DT - Scraper, FEL, Bush Hog
Feb 22, 2015
Rising Sun, MD
Well I fired the ole girl up to push some snow. However she has fallen victim to the wonderful steering box issues. I'm hoping its just a rebuild with the box not being cracked from frozen water. I added oil to the box and was able to clear the end of the drive with the sloppiest steering ever lol. I am hoping to catch up with the service guy Vic to look for some guidance. Good day all. :rolleyes:

Gundoctor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M7040 4x4/ BX2230 4x4/ JD MX 8/ Ford 101 Moldboard 3 bottom Plows -
We have had so much snow that I stop using my Grand L3540 and got out the M7040. I can pill it much higher with the M7040. Just taller. Yesterday it got to above 32' for the first time since Jan 25. That is twice in 60 days. This morning back down to 5' again.

New Haven, Vermont

RIDETOEAT

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4600, LA764, LP Blade,
Dec 26, 2014
Southern Indiana
I had been using a combination of grader blade and loader on the drive, today at lunch I used the loader to cut holes through the piles every so often to let the melt get away, it is all down hill that way when it melts or I'll have an ice rink contained in piled snow. I am also making up a QT plate with a receiver hitch, weld on chain hooks and weld on D rings for lifting of the FEL, pictures to follow.

Last edited:

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
Changed the engine oil and filter.
Changed the front axle 90W gear oil.
Flushed the radiator and block, new rad cap and filled with new antifreeze.
Changed fuel filter.
Greased tractor and Fel.
Checked tire psi.
Added a little hydro.
Cut off and replaced 4 draw pins.
Heated and straightened 2 braces on box blade.
Pushed back 200ft of drifts.

Other then that, not too much.:)

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Been wondering why while bleeding the injectors on my L-175 loosening one nut would kill the motor and the other wouldn't. Replaced the one that didn't, it helped some, but it still didn't act like the other did.
Finally got back to working on it today, so I changed the fuel filter, pulled both injectors and decided to check the backlash on the valves. Sure enough all had too much gap, and the one that acted different when bleeding had more clearance than the other. Reset the gap, put it all back together, fired it up............shazaam, both injectors now kill the motor when the nut on the fuel line is just barely cracked.
Nothing like the thrill of victory.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
"Finally got back to working on it today, so I changed the fuel filter, pulled both injectors and decided to check the backlash on the valves."

Why did you pull the injectors then check the valves? Didn't just replace the injectors?

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
Not quite understanding your question, can you be more specific?
Meanwhile I'll take a shot at it.
Last time I worked on it one injector wasn't working properly, so I changed it. That helped, but it still didn't act like the other one in the fact the motor didn't die when the tubing nut was cracked like the other one.
That was a few weeks ago. Got back up here yesterday and worked on it today wondering what was making the difference. Then it dawned on me that the valves might need attention, and sure enough they did. Reset them, install the 2 new injectors and it worked.
Would just resetting the valves make a difference? I don't know, but the injectors were the originals from when the tractor was built in the 70's (or so I guess) because the two previous owners never replaced or serviced them.

Last edited:

m7060

Lifetime Member
Jul 13, 2014
london, ky
Hats off to the Kubota HVAC engineers. The heater in my M7060 is outstanding. 5 degrees outside.... shirtsleeve weather in the cab..... Thanks Kubota.

Last edited:

Timbits007

Equipment
BX25
Feb 27, 2015
Toronto ,Ontario Canada
I was trying to install my mechanical thumb, and it looks like the bolt that attaches the mechanical arm to the backhoe arm is too big( thick) , I was thinking of filing the bracket a little so the bolt gets through.
Anybody else had the same problem?

philztoy

Equipment
L3830, IH695, Deere 4720Cab 3720Cab 4320 4200 450C 790, R Z and Jetstar Molines
Dec 1, 2014
Michigan
I saw this tool box and it screamed out mount me to your kubota... so a few u bolts later and toolbox and Kubota are one!

[/URL][/IMG]