What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

3800david

Equipment
L3800, 66" quick disconnect FEL, BH77 Backhoe, 42" pallet forks, box blade
Jun 2, 2013
North Carolina
Not a durn thang! Cause I haven't got it yet! But I picked up a 48" econo mini grapple and took it to my dealer who is getting my new tractor ready for delivery.
L3800
AG tires
FEL with 66" quick disconnect Bucket
BH77 Back Hoe 16" bucket
42" pallet forks
WR Long 3rd function Hydraulics
and now my grapple
Hudson Trailer (Model VSEBM18)
16' flat deck w/2' dovetail
Oh I stood and looked at it, mouth watering, took a few pics of it in it's native state, and hoping for Friday delivery this week!!
Just wait til next week !!!!! :D

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Went down to a friends house across town and mowed a substantial amount of acreage. Maybe somewhere in the 3-5 acre size. Spent an hour and 45 minutes at one property the right at 2 hours on another. The grass was well above bush hog requirement height. Some of it was over the hood of my B6100. Did all I could do with a finishing mower.

Lesson learned today, need a BIGGER tractor and an actual bush hog!

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Not a durn thang! Cause I haven't got it yet! But I picked up a 48" econo mini grapple and took it to my dealer who is getting my new tractor ready for delivery.
L3800
AG tires
FEL with 66" quick disconnect Bucket
BH77 Back Hoe 16" bucket
42" pallet forks
WR Long 3rd function Hydraulics
and now my grapple
Hudson Trailer (Model VSEBM18)
16' flat deck w/2' dovetail
Oh I stood and looked at it, mouth watering, took a few pics of it in it's native state, and hoping for Friday delivery this week!!
Just wait til next week !!!!! :D
Now you will need some tractor wax, tractor windshield wiper cleaner and some tractor upholstery cleaner for it. I thought I saw some tractor air fresheners at WalMart the other day too.

Just kidding, you'll love the thing!

Burt

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Installed Kubota subsidized program ROPS ($220 was the total), which took about an hour. Really nice unit, especially for the price. I couldn't build it for that! Only real surprise/aggravation was having to remove a tire to get the lower pivot pin out. Again I'm astounded by the poor choice of bolts/nuts instead of studs/nuts; what was Kubota thinking? Also cleaned the PTO shaft well while I had full access.

Fixed the terribly retrofitted who-knows-what-source seat that was fitted sometime in the past. Didn't have a choice, hits the new ROPS. Still doesn't have multi-position slide adjust working, but not really concerned.

Found out my auger IS too big and can't fit the lower links, too wide, so one more project, fabricating a yoke.

Enjoyed using the bucket to move around some heavy stuff I normally horse around with wheel barrow or heavy duty "off road" dolly. Many was that nice!

Started planning my ROPS mounted sun shade and work lights project.

WFM

Premium Member

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I have a 12'x 30' long deck on one end of my house, the grade of the ground slopes along side the house down so there is a daylight basement full windows, garage door access on the other end. But the deck end underneath has over 3' of head room out to 10' on the back of the house. I've stored stuff there over the years, but of course water would always drip from above. But recently I had the thought of doing some excavation there..digging back farther into the slope, packing in some rocks to hold the slope and putting steel roofing under the deck to run the water off...and park my tractor there. So I did get the excavation done , picked up the roofing and strapping yesterday. Today I tackle the roofing. I did take a before photo, I hope to take the after photo today and post it.

WFM

Premium Member

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
Here's a before photo and a couple after photos. I still want to reposition some of the rocks, add a few more, then add crushed gravel to the floor. Now I can free up my barn some and park my tractor here....

Attachments

Last edited:

Harvey9

Equipment
BX 1850 with loader, mower and back blade.
Jun 12, 2013
Hantsport, Nova Scotia
Here's a before photo and a couple after photos. I still want to reposition some of the rocks, add a few more, then add crushed gravel to the floor. Now I can free up my barn some and park my tractor here....
Good way to utilize space.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Started to build the loader for my B7100HST.
I have gotten most of the steel and the control valve just need to get the rams 2" X ?? (still figuring on size needed) and hydraulic lines, I'm thinking 3/8 steel lines.:cool:

Billy13

Equipment
L2250, B8200
Feb 2, 2011
Choctaw, OK & Boardcamp, AR
Cut off the ROPS on my B8200 today. Now I don't have to duck to avoid the recoiling branches and I can get into those places I could not without constantly watching the overhead clearance.
Two days ago I replaced the steering gear.
I am pleased with the outcome of both.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
That was a dumb move, why would you remove a life saving piece of equipment like a ROPS. Would make more sense to me to prune up and cut back any tree limbs that are in the way of the tractor. Ask Skeets about that one as he broke his arm and was in a cast for several weeks.

Apogee

Equipment
B6100, B7100, B8200, B9200, G4200, L175, L35
Jan 22, 2012
Tacoma, WA
I'm sure it seemed like a good idea Billy, but in a split second you could end up regretting that decision.

I'm about to order one for mine even if it is a bit less convenient.

You might consider taking a look at how some of the newer ones have a hinge in them so they can be folded in half but still provide some protection.

Again, sh*t happens in an instant when you're least expecting it!

Nothing a bit of welding can't fix...

BTW - the ROPS unbolts from the transmission housing...

Kind regards,

Steve

Billy13

Equipment
L2250, B8200
Feb 2, 2011
Choctaw, OK & Boardcamp, AR
Gosh, I guess I should just sell this horribly dangerous piece of equipment that can at any time can just flip over regardless of gravity. And those 10 acres of trees need to be clear cut anyway. Thanks for the advice :rolleyes:

M00ND0G

Equipment
Lawn mowing
Apr 26, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
OMGosh seriously Billy no one knows your situation like you do. If it works better for your application and your comfortable doing it go for it. These tractors didn't even have ROPs until the 80's. it sounds like you need a brush guard now, why don't you cut up ROPS and make a brush guard out of it. You go boy.....enjoy your tractor. :D

Apogee

Equipment
B6100, B7100, B8200, B9200, G4200, L175, L35
Jan 22, 2012
Tacoma, WA
Moon,

I think we all want folks to enjoy their tractors. I also get that the ROPS can be a hassle at times. However, they came up with them as a way to keep folks from getting crushed if something happens when the operator isn't expecting it. It wasn't just a liability thing for the companies, they really do work and save lives.

I'm not a mother hen, and don't usually like many safety "features," but considering I'm planning on ordering them from my tractors, I simply chimed in because it would suck if someone got hurt if it could have been prevented.

I for one am looking forward to mounting bright LED lamps on my ROPS as I could really use the extra light and it's perfect for that.

Billy, I hope you enjoy your tractor just as the rest of us do.

Kind regards,

Steve

BenRich

Equipment
BX1870D w/FEL, Land Pride FDR1648 Mower, Land Pride RBO560 Scrape Blade
My foldable ROP is and continues to be a literal pain in the head... if I had a dime for each time I've whacked my head on it (while it's folded) I'd still have a sore head. I keep it folded and I have seriously considered unbolting it and removing it. The only reason I haven't is I'm trying to figure out a way to attach a small tool box to it. There are not a whole lot of places on a BX1870 to attach things.

I spent about three hours yesterday on the 1870 using the FEL and back blade to clean up the mess left by the electric power company when they came in and cleared trees out of a power line cut. This property isn't mine, but belongs to some neighbors. I was able to accomplish in three hours what would have been several weeks of hand labor, and hard labor at that. It provided me a good opportunity to practice with the FEL and back blade and be a neighborly neighbor at the same time.

Today I used the Land Pride 1648 finish mower to mow about three acres' worth of high grass. Doing about half of that used to use up the bulk of a day on my riding Snapper mower; I couldn't believe how much I had accomplished in this amount of time, how easy it was and how much fun it was.

We've had so much rain here in the Piedmont of North Carolina lately that I had to grab the chance when it came... we've gone now a whole 24 hours without rain and the local weather folks are predicting more tomorrow and even more on Thursday. Carpe diem and all that.

Ben

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I spread gravel with my KUBOTA powered skidsteer, and then used my tractor to compact it. We have a hitching post where my daughter washes the horses, and it would become a muddy mess. 8" of packed gravel should make a difference.
I have had a run on L3200/3400/3700/3800 stabilizers lately- I have made about a dozen sets.

mike175

Equipment
L175 with bucket, and all the usual stuff needed to live in the middle of nowher
Jun 2, 2013
N. Vassalboro
I replaced the oil sending unit today, and thought that removing the bucket lift rams would be fun, too! I am lucky to be near several machine shops and hydraulic shops. It had more leaks than the NSA.

Kubota L175

M00ND0G

Equipment
Lawn mowing
Apr 26, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
I also had to replace the oil sending unit on my B7200HST the thing was leaking like a mother. I couldn't find where it was coming from and at one point it looked like it was a rear main because is was running down and around behind the starter and off the bottom. A good pressure washing took care of that; the source became obvious. I heard they don't often leak but this one did.

I also bought a Woods 48" Bush Hog from my cuz for a heck of a deal. Very little use and it fits like a glove. The problem is I have no place to use it but I couldn't pass up the deal. If a need arises I am ready.

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I also bought a Woods 48" Bush Hog from my cuz for a heck of a deal. Very little use and it fits like a glove. The problem is I have no place to use it but I couldn't pass up the deal. If a need arises I am ready.
No offence, but do you have family from the SE US? Based on that comment, I think we may be related. :eek:

Anyway, always good to eliminate a leak.