What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

pmhowe

Equipment
L4240, Ford 8N, Kioti CK 2610
Jun 23, 2012
Banner Elk NC
Spring finally has arrived in my portion of Colorado, so I spent yesterday cleaning slash out of the woods. I have a pile about eight feet high and fifty feet long. It will probably grow a bit before I rent a chipper and get rid of it.

Attachments

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
bx2230 saved the day this weekend.. 4 inches of rain in 2 hours with the ground allready soaked. We have a pond in our front yard and there was so much water came down the valley, the overflow couldn't handle it. It rose and stated going over the dam. I got the bx out and started to drag out the driveway so the water could go out that way instead of over the dam. Took me an hour but stopped the dam overflow. Have spent the last 2 days redoing the driveway and hauleing dirt and gravel to raise the dam.

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
Welded bucket hooks at the loft arms and a receiver hitch in the middle with a hook on top of it. Gotta clean and paint tomorrow and I'll try and get some pics.

Made a trailer mover yesterday.

Dang it's NICE to finally have my welder wired up and running!

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Got the first cut of hay done last week. Yesterday we hooked a bushhog to both tractors so we can clip pastures. I had forgot how much fun a batwing is to pull. It's a PIA in tight spots but out in the open you sure can cover some ground in a hurry.

SteveF

Equipment
BX25
May 15, 2013
Huntingdon, PA
Between digging a trench to install ground water spring drain which is ongoing, my neighbor called me to dig-out/find his septic tank lid...which is now done. My to do list is growing daily now that my wife sees what can be done with the 'bota. No complaints here though!

Have 17 hrs on new BX25 and lovin it!

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
@number 9, sounds like we have the same project list. I got part of my bucket mount reciever done yesterday.

rednecklimo85

Equipment
78 B6100E(brush hog, boxblade, snowplow) 85 B7200DT(loader and backhoe)
Oct 24, 2009
torrington,ct
On the B6100 I Installed a new seat cover, removed and cleaned up headlight buckets. Wired in new headlight sockets and installed a watertight 2 plug connector with the ground wired right to the block, rather then the hood.

LeadHead

Equipment
Kubota L275, Allis Chalmers WD45, King Kutter II 3-point tiller, dirt scoop, brush hog, back blade
Sep 29, 2009
Illinois
Not today, but yesterday I bought 2 more OEM Kubota 55 lb suitcase weights from scrap yard for $25 each, which finished filling out my front bracket nicely with 275 lbs hanging on it. Later I hooked up the flail mower and bush-hogged the 2-feet-high pasture, then mowed another spot to park the flail mower and my boat. Sure was happy to have that additional 110 lbs on the front with that 5 foot mower hanging off the back.

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
Progress of the Eagle Seed soybeans I planted 2 weeks ago with my little B7200 and John Deere 246 2 row planter. As Phil Robertson would say... Happy Happy Happy! :D

Attachments

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I just noticed where you live. That's not really that far from me, I even have known some people that lived down there. When we planted soy beans for a living the deer would go crazy for them. It sure made hunting easy for us.

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
This is my first year of having summer food plots, and thats the main reason I bought a tractor. These are rr forage soybeans, they will grow to be 84" tall, very browse resistant, and they stay green until the first hard frost. But only if the deer don't mow them down to the ground in the first month. I'm going to spray them with capsaicin extract tomorrow to keep the deer away until the next rain.

Were not that far apart are we. I pulled my 16' trailer up to Chattanooga, and down I-75 to Chatsworth last year to buy a JD 750 4wd with a loader. The owner said it was in perfect shape on the phone, but when he fired her up I knew I had just wasted half a day and $50 in gas. There was more exhaust coming out of the valve cover than the muffler, and the engine was leaking oil from every gasket. Sure glad I went with a Kubota!

Last edited:

Sterno

Equipment
Kubota B6100D, B7100HST, Ber-Vac S51 3PT Snowblower, Kubota A450
Dec 9, 2012
Summerland, British Columbia
I got a phone call from dad yesterday. Apparently the 3PT hitch suddenly stopped working mid-mow on the B6100. Headed down there today to see that the 3PT control lever was limp and its shaft had slid partially out of the valve cover.

I pulled the valve cover off to discover that the bolt that holds the valve guide arm to the lever shaft had sheared off. Luckily all the broken bits were there so there was no searching for stray steel which might work its way into the transmission and cause havoc.
I cleaned and disassembled the unit, replaced the O-ring while I was there and installed a new bolt. Made a new gasket, reassembled it all, back in business! :D

BadDog

Equipment
B7100D TL and B2150D TLB
Jun 5, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Yesterday I used the new B7100 for the first time doing real work. Used the box blade to flatten out my side yard. Bumpy lumpy settled dog hole filled mess is now nice and flat (and dusty). In the process identified a number of issues needing addressed, and started work on that list last night.

Reversed rear tires to correct previous owner installation goof(?). Pressure washed most of the accumulated grime away to make working on it less of a mess. Rerouted CCV to reduce/control blow by mess. R/R sheared bolt in 3PH limiter transfer bar, straightened bar, and set stops to actually work.

LeadHead

Equipment
Kubota L275, Allis Chalmers WD45, King Kutter II 3-point tiller, dirt scoop, brush hog, back blade
Sep 29, 2009
Illinois
All I managed to do on the 'bota today was to fire it up to let 'er know she's still wanted.

09Ram

Equipment
09 Ram 2500, Grand L3830, GST, 6 ft Brushhog, 6 ft Box Blade, 8 ft Disk, Auger
Jun 8, 2013
Tahlequah, Ok
Newby here... been lurking awhile. Bought a Kubota L3830 GLT with 109 hours on it that had been garage kept a few weeks ago. First Orange Tractor I have ever owned and first tractor with an FEL. I now have 130 hours on it and love it. Been digging out stumps, rocks, brushhogging a bunch of briar patches, smoothed out our septic line area that should have been done 15 yrs ago when we put it in... notice I wrote digging out stumps, rocks and brushhogging briars because they were in our septic field LOL... its like a park out there now. Also used the rippers on the box blade to dethatch my food plot areas I will plant in august. Built a dirt bank backstop for our rifle range.
Today I loaded it up on the trailer and took it down to our deer lease and worked over some roads with the box blade filling old washouts. Rebuilt one section of road that was a huge hole washout that had been impassible by anything bigger than a 4 wheeler so we can get trucks through there again. I dropped some huge rocks in it and covered it in shale and fill dirt. Also rode it up the mountain and with the help of a big log chain I have drug 2 electric poles that the electric company had taken down back to camp about 2 miles through some extremely steep and rough terrain... Tractor took it all in stride.
Got home just before dark unloaded the poles with the FEL, dropped the box blade and hooked up the brush hog because I have a paying gig with it tomorrow afternoon.

When I bought this tractor I figured it would sit a lot but I think its going to be of much more use than I thought and I am doing something on it every day!