What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Took down a hickory tree yesterday for a neighbor.
IMG_3792.jpeg

It had a bit of back lean, so rigged up and pulled it out in the yard to avoid a tangled mess to work in. I put a stick in the yard for a sight and the trunk was 6” from the stick when the tree fell. Used the LX2610 to pull the rope taught, then cut until I saw the back cut widen, then pulled it over. Had 3 snatch blocks on the sisal rope and a nylon rope tied to the tree. Anchor point was a strap around a good size red oak.

Used the WC-68 to chip the top of it along with a few other cut up tops and brush this morning. Swapped out the grapple for the bucket and spread some of the chip pile to cover the path to Cluckingham Palace. The girls are all standing at the run fence drooling to get in the new stuff spread around their house.

Reactions: 1 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Pulled up a bunch of t posts and 10 or so wooden posts that were used for electric fencing from the previous owner in the front pasture. Gotta install 3 gates cause previous owner just the cut barbwire fences and used cattle panels as gates for his sheep.
I threw the previous owners velcro mitten gloves and his rubber boots on the burn pile. I put the PHD on and serviced the gear box and zerks. Gotta get the rusted drive shaft to unfreeze, so I can get that attached. Gonna pull the tractor out of the shop and pour diesel or ATF oil down the shield. J/k about the velcro mittens & boots, but that guy was a bit of a screwball, so it wouldn't surprise me, lol.

20240908_141739.jpg