What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
He’s awesome! My two love it when I get on the ground like that to tend to something. They are just so happy that I decided it was play time! 😊
Nothing beats a good dog smootch when down on their level... (y)
View attachment 54136
No snow, no problem....well besides reminding myself its still too wet to play...I mean work
Amazing how fast R4's turn into drag slicks. My R1's get muddy too but fling it right off. On my previous units before the M9's, I always got R4's but they really don't work for me.

Reactions: 1 users

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Did you forget the last thing that the pooch had licked?? :oops:
Way too much information for me. I don't have that issue, don't have a pup to smooch me...

We all know what the pup licked before you... :eek:

Reactions: 1 user

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Finally got snow. 6” of heavy wet stuff. Ground is totally frozen and I had trouble getting traction with the bucket so I used the blade. Worked great. Now I know why you cab guys like them. Even in carharts my legs and butt are soaked through. Drying it all out to hit it again tonight. Another 6-10 in the forecast today 6166B647-B3B3-4FD7-B4DF-E3D749EE4FCB.jpeg EE1BC398-3AD6-4E62-BCB0-A05BC6F8143A.jpeg

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Finally got snow. 6” of heavy wet stuff. Ground is totally frozen and I had trouble getting traction with the bucket so I used the blade. Worked great. Now I know why you cab guys like them. Even in carharts my legs and butt are soaked through. Drying it all out to hit it again tonight. Another 6-10 in the forecast today View attachment 54185 View attachment 54186
We got maybe an inch max and it's done here. I heard south of Toledo and east is was / is bad. You can keep it. I never even put the blower or the blade on yesterday.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Unloaded and Tried Out my New Dump Trailer Yesterday

Track loader with boom pole is very useful for unloading things. Fitted and tested dump trailer operation on the back of L3901, I'm excited to get out and do some some work, this was not the weekend for it here in Northern Michigan, 2 snow storms due in the next few days!
IMG_8748.jpg

IMG_8750.jpg

IMG_8754.jpg

IMG_8758.jpg

IMG_8759.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Plowed for Amazon driver to walk up to front porch. Ordered roll up tool pouch to carry tools and keep behind Kubota seat.

B3B19588-6862-443C-AB69-3875F32FF735.jpeg B28E2673-CD4E-4431-9081-1B280476AC86.jpeg 20964C88-AA18-4AC0-9FA0-266364C25B60.jpeg
Oh, and put up new mailbox that county plow driver knocked over this morning.

Reactions: 2 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Finally got snow. 6” of heavy wet stuff. Ground is totally frozen and I had trouble getting traction with the bucket so I used the blade. Worked great. Now I know why you cab guys like them. Even in carharts my legs and butt are soaked through. Drying it all out to hit it again tonight. Another 6-10 in the forecast today View attachment 54185 View attachment 54186
Good for you Johnjk :) Will get to exercise my back blade tomorrow. Forecast now calling for up to 20" here - hopefully nice dry stuff.

btw - I was in Mansfield a few years ago. My son raced in the NASA National Championships. We found a beyond awesome Chinese restaurant there - iirc in the corner of a shopping plaza.

TXMX5200

May 2, 2020
Richmond, TX
Cleaned up tractor after few hours of spreading 15 yards of dirt in buds backyard. Glad I installed LEDs front and rear last week as they came in handy.
Read a few post back about wiring up lights to fuse box...I went straight to battery as I wanted each light fused and 12 gauge wring. Really not tough job and those accsry wires are too small gauge for my liking. I ran wires inside water line that I split and wrapped in electrical tape...no wire exposed and zipped up with factor wire tubing out of way.

A7F0749B-9900-4515-8669-C628303FF603.jpeg

7FF8A24A-F3B8-4636-A4F3-4B4C70E22195.jpeg
6166CFD9-CD89-46E2-8C6F-A0B10D0F8769.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
No snow, no problem....well besides reminding myself its still too wet to play...I mean work
Looks like you're having the same kinda weather I am. Wasn't having any problems with the R14's in the yard until the chipper and stump bucket came in, and my son showed up to split the rest of the firewood that I cut for him. Still not too bad, but gotta minimize the traffic in that area for now. Maybe the grass will thank me for stirring up the dirt out there a little.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Looks like you're having the same kinda weather I am. Wasn't having any problems with the R14's in the yard until the chipper and stump bucket came in, and my son showed up to split the rest of the firewood that I cut for him. Still not too bad, but gotta minimize the traffic in that area for now. Maybe the grass will thank me for stirring up the dirt out there a little.
Just typical this time of year here. My ground doesn’t drain well either. Tractor drove right out after I pulled the chain off the tree I was trying to skid 🤣 knew better but had a project to get done while stuff is dead

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I also lubed everything b4 1st use.
Considering I got grease all over me while I was trimming the shaft, I didn't see much point in adding more that was just gonna sling off. I figured out real quick that it's pretty darn easy to trim that shaft without removing the plastic guards. I marked what I needed to remove (with a little fudge factor on the supplied formula). Cut the plastic sleeve first, and then cut the shaft on each piece the same amount I cut off the sleeve. I just touched up the edges with a half-round file, because I wasn't real aggressive with my grinder. Took my time and made a clean cut.

Got up the next morning, went to TSC in Montevallo and got a 5 gallon bucket of AW46 hydraulic oil, and bingo, ready to go. Chewed up everything I had laying on the ground from my stump/tree pulling episode from a couple weeks ago. Only stalled the tractor once. I stood there like an idiot knowing I should push the infeed bar to stop it, and didn't do it. Barely any effect on the tractor when I turn on the PTO at about 1250 RPM. Found out two things will cancel the PTO seat bypass function. I kicked the brake to release the parking brake, and that turned the bypass off, but since I was sitting in the seat, didn't matter, PTO kept running, engine kept running. When I stalled the engine the one time, that also turned off the bypass.

I've found that the infeed drum isn't nearly as bitey as I would like it to be, especially on stuff with stringy bark and wood fiber like elm. One tooth of the drum will catch, but before gets high enough to walk over the end, it slips off and bangs down on the stop bolts. I'm sure there's an adjustment for that be sides the spring tension. Quite frustrating when ya know the tractor will handle the load, and you can't feed the load because the infeed wheel won't bite on it. Maybe sharper edges on the drum teeth? Notches to give it some serious bite? I'll see what I can find about adjustments, but elm has a very corky outer bark, very stringy stuff inside, and the sap is slicker than greased monkey snot. Hard to get any elm larger than 3" started. Otherwise, it'll slice off 1/4" thick cross sections without even straining on some pretty big stuff.

Still learning how to use the stump bucket, but dug up about a half dozen with it. Might go back to just pulling out the ones under 6 inches OD, and dig only when I have to.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
“I've found that the infeed drum isn't nearly as bitey as I would like it to be, especially on stuff with stringy bark and wood fiber like elm. One tooth of the drum will catch, but before gets high enough to walk over the end, it slips off and bangs down on the stop bolts. I'm sure there's an adjustment for that be sides the spring tension. Quite frustrating when ya know the tractor will handle the load, and you can't feed the load because the infeed wheel won't bite on it. Maybe sharper edges on the drum teeth? Notches to give it some serious bite? I'll see what I can find about adjustments, but elm has a very corky outer bark, very stringy stuff inside, and the sap is slicker than greased monkey snot. Hard to get any elm larger than 3" started. Otherwise, it'll slice off 1/4" thick cross sections without even straining on some pretty big stuff.”

Old Paint,

My view and past experience is that this is the result of only one driven infeed drum on chippers, the two driven infeed drum systems are superior and are found on most of the commercial chippers. It was one of the reasons I did not keep my first pto chipper that I purchased. The other key reason was the lesson of buying as big a model as my tractor would run. The dual driven infeed drum systems pull wood in with some force and rarely slip or ever let go of the wood, that’s why there is a safety stop bar and reversing action.
As you say it’s worth playing with the infeed setup but my first chipper only had spring adjustment, I struggled to get this to run well as I was chipping many different diameters. It sounds like your springs may be set too tight based on your comments above if you are struggling to get it too load wood.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Old Paint,

My view and past experience is that this is the result of only one driven infeed drum on chippers, the two driven infeed drum systems are superior and are found on most of the commercial chippers. It was one of the reasons I did not keep my first pto chipper that I purchased. The other key reason was the lesson of buying as big a model as my tractor would run. The dual driven infeed drum systems pull wood in with some force and rarely slip or ever let go of the wood, that’s why there is a safety stop bar and reversing action.
As you say it’s worth playing with the infeed setup but my first chipper only had spring adjustment, I struggled to get this to run well as I was chipping many different diameters. It sounds like your springs may be set too tight based on your comments above if you are struggling to get it too load wood.
Yeah, I let 'em off a little already, about 1/4" on each one. They're brutes, got a lotta force, for sure. My experience with chippers is that once the knives hit, they tend to pull in whatever they're cutting anyway. My only concern with loosening up the spring tension is when I've got smaller brush in it (elm/birch as well) that it's just going to strip the bark and spin on the wood, especially if there's a bad fork. I also learned to try to cut stuff where I can feed a small end first, and let the big dog eat from the top down. That takes a lot more brush removal though. Things are also pretty wet right now, so that can't be helping matters. I'll also try a much sharper diagonal cut to see if I can get it to bite the end better. It climbs right on up on anything 3" or smaller. Probably because the larger stuff is too high for the spurs to actually bite it enough to push it open.

It's still a lot better than the puny little 3" chipper I bought nearly 16 years ago. I chewed up a lot of stuff in an afternoon with it. Stuff that sure as heck wasn't going into that 3".

I may give Woodland Mills a call tomorrow and see if they have any suggestions (aside from the ones I already have). Can't hurt.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
We got maybe an inch max and it's done here. I heard south of Toledo and east is was / is bad. You can keep it. I never even put the blower or the blade on yesterday.
First one this year for us. Go 50 miles south to Columbus and they got 3" before it turned to rain. The only thing I got out to drive was the 3200 and the quad since it was parked in front of the B. The way cars are going down my road makes me think the overnight stuff was dry and drifting. Looks like we have 6" more this morning. I'll get the walks and patios cleaned at lunch and do the driveway around 3 when I'm done working.