What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
Used my clamp on forks to lift my fuel tank/toolbox combo back into the my pickup, then to lift my fifth wheel hitch in. Little jobs, but save my back.

JeepinMaxx

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2660, LA243 FEL, RCK54P-23BX MMM, BX2751 QH Subframe, BX2750D 50" Blower
Mar 27, 2018
Columbia, CT
Used my carry all to move some stuff and then gave it a bath - she cleans up well (2011 BX2660)

Shadetree03

Equipment
L2501, King Kutter, Landscape Rake, Titan 3pt forks
Sep 20, 2017
Pueblo, CO
Maxed out the front and rear lift capacity on the L2501/LA525 on my little tractor. New construction next door had some concrete chunks left over and I asked it they needed them hauled off (I needed some rip/rap for a dry gulch on the lot boundary). I got all but the biggest piece (in took me two trips), but bit off more than I could chew with the one piece and had to dump it halfway home and go back to chain it to the three pt. to lift it. I remembered to take it "LOW & SLOW"..

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
I got bored yesterday so I did my 400 hour service 100 hours early.

Here are a couple of tips for the other "by the book" types out there with the smaller L series.

When you change the hydraulic oil filter, step #4 in your manual will tell you to remove and clean up the filter magnet. After spending half an hour cleaning off this magnet, I opened up the new filter to put the magnet on it. The new filter already had a new magnet on it. Wasted half an hour.

The last thing I did for the service was change the front axle case oil. This should have been the first thing I started on. I removed both drain plugs, fill plug and check plug. It took over two hours for four quarts of oil to drain out (book says it holds 4.8 quarts). Very sloooooooow draining. Had I known this, I could have had it draining while I tended to the rest of the service.

Bad thing is, by the time I have to do this again, I will have forgotten my own advice.:D

Beaudeane

Equipment
MX5800, LA1065, BH92, BB72X, RT72.40, EA 60 in grapple, county line auger
Mar 9, 2018
Dalton, Ga
Finally got the fittings for my EA grapple. Got it hooked up, used it to move 2 longbed f250 loads of old fencing from across the creek & got a load to take to dump tomorrow. Had my first regen at 42.7 hours. Had to tighten the new fittings to the grapple a couple times because kept wanting to leak a little. Hope it’s good to go now

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Got my tire back from the Tire Guy. I had an appointment to get the front end aligned on the Tundra today and since I didn't really NEED the tractor, I decided to save a trip and pick the tire up when I had the truck serviced.

Turns out there WAS a hole in the sidewall, little slit about 1/2 inch long and it had poked a pinhole in the tube. Drain, dismount, put a patch on the inside of the tire casing, new tube, remount and refill - $90.

Which I gladly paid. I'd have gone through $90 worth of cuss jar quarters just getting the dang thing off the rim!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Just mowed....
Stuck?!?!

Nah...just another trip along the road....It's steeper back 20 yards...

For guys fretting about spacers; there are none on this tractor. BX is pretty stable. I come out of the ditch close to the camera point in 4WD, and always bring RF wheel a foot off the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Just mowed....
Stuck?!?!

Nah...just another trip along the road....It's steeper back 20 yards...

For guys fretting about spacers; there are none on this tractor. BX is pretty stable. I come out of the ditch close to the camera point in 4WD, and always bring RF wheel a foot off the ground.

No Guts No Glory

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Please don't tell me you mow the other half of the ditch bank sideways too??:eek:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Sheepfarmer, if he does he has outriggers and booze as an aid!:D

Hell yeah...hold my beer and watch this...[emoji12][emoji12]

No sheep, the other side is done via brushcutter.....[emoji41]

You can see where I mow along the bank on the uphill side....I’m getting more skittish as I get older.....2,000 pounds of tractor and operator that could roll if wet....done it 27 years....but it takes 1 second.........

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Also re-graded for patio, and we’re gonna have a bonfire out back tonight.....

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Hell yeah...hold my beer and watch this...[emoji12][emoji12]

No sheep, the other side is done via brushcutter.....[emoji41]

You can see where I mow along the bank on the uphill side....I’m getting more skittish as I get older.....2,000 pounds of tractor and operator that could roll if wet....done it 27 years....but it takes 1 second.........

My ditch is pretty hellacious after the county came out, added base rock and paved. Then cleaned out the bottom and made the sides steeper.

Can't get the street side with a riding mower any more. I push mow both sides for exercise. Much easier on your back then a weed eater. On the yard side, I run a straight line from the telephone pole to the edge of the culvert. Everything on the ditch side of the line gets mowed with the push mower. Less chance of dropping the zero turn in that way as well.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Nothing not a thing......

Been dryyyyyyyyyy here in NC where I am all my grass was brown then at 5:00 yesterday came the rain finally. It rained all night and until 2:00 today very well needed.

Garden did not do well lot of corn blew over and peas that were waist high now laying flat they should stand back up corn still weeks from picking.

So I just looked at her wiped off the dust and let her rest.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
After saying to myself I was going to dug up the septic tank cover to have it pumped (since like April). Today I did. Finally. I have it done every two years.
Its below my house on side hill behind my deck. The first pic should be looking down by my deck after I cleared it off, the second my girlfriend took of me behind the deck. Enjoy.

Attachments