What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
It actually snowed last night :eek: and as usual the county truck picks up everything for a 1/4 mile and drops it across my driveway. :mad: No problemo - back bladed everything back to the sign posts and all the way around the bend. If they try to replow they'll be in the weeds or wearing steel. :D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
The plow always travels the same direction, for example to the right of my driveway. Thats the only direction i push snow. If i clean my driveway before plow goes by, i move the snow from left side across road or push it into ditch. Plow runs out of snow before driveway.

Unless he's po'd at me and intentionally carries a moldboard full and delivers it directly on my driveway. A good operator can leave a 3 foot pile.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Final grading on backyard in prep for steel work and then concrete.

Shoveling the last of the old rock into the bucket. I have moved about 20 tons of this stuff by using the FEL as a super wheelbarrow. I moved it to the other side of the property by the barn.

Footings in for steel shade structure. 350 lbs of concrete per footing...

Finished grade close enough for concrete crews. Distributed big pile past where new concrete will go...

Attachments

Last edited:

sitdwnandhngon

Equipment
B7100
Aug 25, 2015
NY, USA
I had to fix my custom alternator bracket today, the alternator quit working, and I found that one of the mounts snapped, probably shook it to death.

Tore it all apart and re-welded it, didn't have much time so it will work for now. I just wanted it working again before any snow gets dumped.

Not the prettiest of mods, but it is more than enough juice to power any auxiliary electrics I might want, and those delco's are only about $30 a pop, the tractor is for working, not for show.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
how many amps you putting out? Did you match pulleys to make up for the RPM differences between an auto and a tractor?

sitdwnandhngon

Equipment
B7100
Aug 25, 2015
NY, USA
how many amps you putting out? Did you match pulleys to make up for the RPM differences between an auto and a tractor?
I think it's a 60 amp.

Stock pulley and it's has a jumper wire to basically turn it into a single wire.

I have retro'd a few older tractors with the same type, and a few Jeeps.

Some excite under 2000 rpms, some a little over, this one seems to excite about half throttle, not sure what RPM that is, but it will work.

The important thing with them is to get it excited asap after starting, if you let it idle for a long time without it turned on you can burn them out.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
The important thing with them is to get it excited asap after starting, if you let it idle for a long time without it turned on you can burn them out.
Bet your ass!! As I get MUCH older, those are words to live by.......:p:p

I digress.....Let's move on to your regularly scheduled programming.....;);)

Last edited:

zload

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2400HSD/47 John Deere Model M
Apr 14, 2015
FL
Not today but this week turned a garden plot to get ready for 2/16 potato planting, disked and bedded a second plot and planted about 400 Yellow Granex onion sets

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Nothing....and I'm okay with that!:D

Got just a little lake effect overnight, but just a dusting.

Sounds like west and north got more, but very localized.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Just hauled a load of firewood up, and plugged the battery tender

bh115577

Equipment
2004 BX 2200, FEL, 60" MMM
Mar 5, 2015
Central NY
Replaced one of the hydro lines for the steering that started leaking yesterday. Not a bad job to do and only took about 2 hours. Dealer charged $60 to make the hose but Napa didn't have the long drop 90 that hooks to the steering valve and I didn't want to use one of the 90's I have in my test fittings.

Camlocker75

Equipment
L3830, L3901, JD 5103
Dec 30, 2015
Alabama
I just purchased a "new to me" 2005 L3830 with 250 hours. I used my boxblade to grade the drive at our land and cleared out the drainage ditch due to the washout from the rain last week. I then hooked up my Woods RM59 finish mower and cut the top pasture and powerline. Wierd to be cutting property on January 2. Otherwise, I am really enjoying my Kubota.

L3010HST

Equipment
L3010HST w/LA481 loader; Land Pride RB2672 Blade and RF2060 Rotary
Apr 29, 2013
PNW
Slow leak progressively got worse to where my 12.4-24 tire would go flat every 24hrs. Found lots of pinholes in the sidewall and no idea how those got there :confused: Maybe at night little gremlins with ice picks? :eek: :p

Nothing more annoying than filling tire with air while she's warming up every time prior to plowing. Took wheel in to my local tire shop a few days ago and had it tubed. No more leak :cool:

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Not anything huge, but I simplified my life today. With the arrival of the FEL, I am now able to palletize all my firewood.

We heat with wood with the main source being a free standing wood stove and an insert on the opposite side of the house for when it gets real cold.

No more splitting, stacking, then moving closer to the house and re-stacking. Now it will go from the splitter into the wire basket and set for seasoning.

Last winter I split and stacked over 20 full cords. I have another 14 sitting on the property to be processed. Its such a relief to know I wont have to stack it by hand anymore.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Tearing out some concrete. As I would jackhammer in from the edge, it would get harder and harder to move the pieces. I needed a way to pull the pieces out a few inches to take the pressure off. Tried the rippers on the box and that worked great. Another use for the amazing machine.

Attachments

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Not anything huge, but I simplified my life today. With the arrival of the FEL, I am now able to palletize all my firewood.

We heat with wood with the main source being a free standing wood stove and an insert on the opposite side of the house for when it gets real cold.

No more splitting, stacking, then moving closer to the house and re-stacking. Now it will go from the splitter into the wire basket and set for seasoning.

Last winter I split and stacked over 20 full cords. I have another 14 sitting on the property to be processed. Its such a relief to know I wont have to stack it by hand anymore.
I like it. This winters wood is all stacked close to the house but next years is not. I might make some of those to get the wood closer and then refill them next year.

Last edited: