Tractor Purchase Not Working Out, Getting Stressed

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
As I said previously, I would have long since bought the JD 1025R.

SDT
+1.

Your love affair will never be...

of course it is a tractor and not a Ferrari.

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
Not trying to rub salt in your fresh wound. I looked at your pictures and for a new tractor my 3 year old B2601 has less rust and its used to snow blow. Sorry to read about all your Kubota troubles.

jkcolo22

Equipment
BX25D
Jan 5, 2017
Castle Rock, Colorado
Spent a couple hours with my tractor today and my stress levels are going back up again. I kept finding things that had rust and/or sun damage. I did see the tractor at the dealership briefly and only noticed a couple little things at the time. It was already dark when the tractor was delivered last night. Today was my first time seeing it in full sunlight. When my dealer couldn't get a tractor from the Kubota factory, he finally had one transferred. When I told him I was looking forward to a brand new tractor that hadn't been sitting out on a lot, he told me the one he was transferring had only been on the lot since late September, which I took to mean that the machine was pretty fresh. After I kept seeing more and more little rust spots and sun damaged items, I started digging further and tried to find manufacture dates. I found the engine was manufactured in March of 2018. I think this tractor has been sitting out way longer than a couple months.

I also found the coolant was really low, and one of the seat armrests is missing a cover piece. I suspect I'll find more things as I look it over more.

I posted a bunch of photos here: https://imgur.com/gallery/Msf9nGN

Yea that doesn’t look good... my 4 yr old BX25D has virtually no rust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fmgsr

Dec 19, 2018
PA
Besides all the rust, that motor looks horrible. It looks like it's been sitting totally exposed to weather. Dealer should be ashamed of himself after all he did put you through

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Looks like they installed a new hour meter into a used tractor and called it a new tractor, hoping that no one wouldn't know the difference. Like I said "looks like", not saying that is what was done or that your dealer is dishonest.

Oct 24, 2019
IN
I feel stupid for not fully inspecting it. Doing so upon delivery would have been impossible as it was already late and dark on a Friday, but I guess I should have been way more nosy when they got it into the dealership. I didn't even pop the hood. I guess I just trusted that I was getting a new machine. I don't know how I didn't see all these things earlier. I guess I was just so overtaken with all of the tractoriness that I wasn't noticing anything. Usually I'm pretty perceptive to small details. I took it and parked it in the sunlight today, my first time in really good lighting, and all the rust and filth and sun fading just started popping out at me. The more I looked, the more I saw. Then I figured, no way this thing has only been on a lot for 2 months.

I really think I need to contact Kubota directly. I'll talk to my dealer too, but this is all just becoming too much, and I just don't see this getting resolved at the dealer level. Does anyone know the best contact to use?

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
If it were me I'd send it back. I can't believe any reputable dealer would send out a so called new tractor in that condition, shame on them. At this point in my mind there is nothing they could do to take the sour taste away, it would always be on my mind. Best of luck with whatever you decide and I sure hope things work out for you.

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
The rust is odd I'm wondering if while crated birds didn't nest in there or something of the like to make reaction/rust ?

Purchase wise would not meet my expectations of a new tractor. The deal backtracking looks FUBAR and getting worse.

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
IF you are going to use the lawn sweeper, make sure to put it in the FLOAT position, and properly adjust the wheel height. Really chews up the lawn if you don,t. LOL .

Last edited:

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
Id be taking it back. My tractor was right out of the box. In fact, I have a photo of it on its Property of Kubota Metal skid with no wheels, ROPS etc.

Sun fade absolutely is not acceptable on a new tractor or implement unless some discounted deal is made.

Of course I am brand biased, but I would have looked closer at the JD as well. I dont know enough about the BX vs the Deere to make a pros and cons list, but yes I would have entertained it especially if the dealer was willing to actually work with you.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I feel stupid for not fully inspecting it. Doing so upon delivery would have been impossible as it was already late and dark on a Friday, but I guess I should have been way more nosy when they got it into the dealership. I didn't even pop the hood. I guess I just trusted that I was getting a new machine. I don't know how I didn't see all these things earlier. I guess I was just so overtaken with all of the tractoriness that I wasn't noticing anything. Usually I'm pretty perceptive to small details. I took it and parked it in the sunlight today, my first time in really good lighting, and all the rust and filth and sun fading just started popping out at me. The more I looked, the more I saw. Then I figured, no way this thing has only been on a lot for 2 months.

I really think I need to contact Kubota directly. I'll talk to my dealer too, but this is all just becoming too much, and I just don't see this getting resolved at the dealer level. Does anyone know the best contact to use?
You can contact Kubota Customer Satisfaction either by telephone or online but you must attempt resolution at the dealer level first. Contact information is in your owner's manual.

I simply would not tolerate the way you have been treated. If possible, I would reject it and just buy the JD 2025R.

SDT

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Id be taking it back. My tractor was right out of the box. In fact, I have a photo of it on its Property of Kubota Metal skid with no wheels, ROPS etc.

Sun fade absolutely is not acceptable on a new tractor or implement unless some discounted deal is made.

Of course I am brand biased, but I would have looked closer at the JD as well. I dont know enough about the BX vs the Deere to make a pros and cons list, but yes I would have entertained it especially if the dealer was willing to actually work with you.
The 2025R has position control whereas the BX does not.

Lack of position control is an absolute show stopper for me.

SDT

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
wow just got ack to this thread...

Chimpy: dude your dealer sucks & he took you for a ride. simple as that.

there is literally NO EXCUSE for all of this bullshit & thats what it is.

backing way up: yeah sometimes they run out of Kubo's because they move them that fast.

BUT: a dealer moving them that fast? gets more tractors quicker than a dealer moving a couple a month.

you said he sold a couple a month back around page 2. a decent dealer is selling a couple a WEEK at a minimum....

then you accepted a tractor without visually inspecting it? after all of this trouble? oh my... that part falls on you.

dont use that deck, dont use anything... send that tractor back & refuse the deal.

its a shame when this happens, but now you are gonna have a bad taste in your mouth for any tractor you buy & any dealer who would read this will probably avoid you like the plague on top of it.
some people just have no luck with these things.

as to the john deeres? theres over a hundred 1025's at the dealer 5 minutes from me & he never runs out.... or moves many of them.

massey dealer across the street from him. same thing dozens of them.

Rural King next door to them (thats just a red JD) constantly moving the 25's.

Kubo dealer another 5 miles away? new stock comes in every week.

good luck!!

NBKubota

Equipment
2650HSDC
Aug 3, 2017
New Brunswick

My BX was also right out of the crate and put together for me.

I didnt see the pics from the OP but it sounds like something that got left out in the elements? Maybe was a display model or something like that? Either way, I would definitely not accept that tractor. No excuse for it not being pristine. When my dealer delivered mine, it had been snowing out and he still took the time to make sure it was covered up for the trip. It was basically spotless.

I know my dealer sells a crap load of BX tractors and can't keep them in stock. He always has a steady supply of them showing up on a transport though so again, always fresh stock.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Looking at the pictures again, I realized why the rust on the seat brackets. They are powder coated, and if there is the slightest chip in powder coat, the water will get under the powder coat and rust, lifting the powder coat off as it rusts. This doesn't happen in a month or two, but over an extended amount of time. It is unfortunate that manufacturers have moved away from paint in favor of powder coat, which doesn't hold up as well as a painted item. A chip in paint will only rust where the chip is, but the water will get trapped under the powder coat, and continue to rust, until there is just about no powder coat left on the item.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
How many hours does the meter show?

That looks like a tractor that was stored outside on the Louisiana coast! :eek:

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
How many hours does the meter show?

That looks like a tractor that was stored outside on the Louisiana coast! :eek:
3 hours apparently (was first photo).

It amazes me how most of the tractor is in good shape, then just a few components so rusty. It's like those components are much less durable.

I can talk myself into believing a little time with a wire brush, steel wool or sandpaper would make that pristine. Then some vinyl restorer, you'd be off. And that would all be reasonable if you'd bought a second hand machine at a knock down price, and you'd think you'd done really well. I'd have a problem with that on a brand new machine, and I'd have a problem with the dealer doing that for you but still underneath the machine is weathered. But if it turns out there's no going back and it's your tractor, that's probably the path forward.

Oct 24, 2019
IN
I went to the dealership today (closed on Sundays) to look at the BX2380's on the lot. They look worlds different, especially all the plastics. Even the orange paint is noticeably richer on the new ones. I actually did a walk-around video today - will post it tonight if I can find the time.

Last edited: