Tool Boxes

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Daren, is that your own toolbox? I would have labelled every drawer Daren's tools. What would be more efficient? If nobody takes your tools you dont have to look for them.

I like having side cabinets, good for lots of small stuff.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daren, is that your own toolbox? I would have labelled every drawer Daren's tools. What would be more efficient? If nobody takes your tools you dont have to look for them.

I like having side cabinets, good for lots of small stuff.
Yup, that's mine. There are a couple people in the office that help in the shop some. They were pretty good at putting stuff back. But the wrong drawers. Got sick of hunting for my tools. I looked into a side box, but unless I want my tool box in the middle of the floor, it's a no go. Not enough room. Looking for a cabinet that would fit my mini fridge in the bottom. Then I can move my tap and die sets to the cabinet, along with my puller sets. It would free up quite a bit of room :D

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
Great :mad:now I got something else to get for my tool box :p:p:p

Where did you get the organizers for the pliers?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T2U112A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

I love my tools - but DAYUM - I could never be that organized!:D :)
Forceten,its obvious that you may be a little meticulous. Please dont be offended, but nobody has a toolbox that organized.
How do you get anything done when you can find all your tools?

I cleaned up one corner of shop today, now i have to do rest of shop.
That came out of necessity! It was either organize or get a 2nd toolbox, or the larger 56" one (that I don't have room for). Organized fits so much more in your toolbox............

I have a rolling work table. Whenever I work on a project I throw everything I need on the table. It's a mess by the time the project is done but it works. Then when I can get to it I clean all my tools up and put them away nice and neat. Although sometimes the disaster stays on the table/floor for a few days :)

Sometimes the floor is my workspace also! Every project is a garage space disaster of tools and supplies, then I clean up and everything is nice and neat again. Goes back and forth!

My welding cabinet is a disaster also - looks like your plier drawer :D

Attachments

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
I have two rolling tool carts, and one table. Table is empty as we speak. One cart is strictly auto electrical tools and supplies. Other cart is for junk. Well not really junk, but stuff i dont want to throw away.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
WOW after seeing all those pretty boxes i guess my milk/tool boxes dont make it,, but hey I can pick mine up when I go,,,lol

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
I had to label mine for work :rolleyes: This darn efficiency thing they got going on. They had to label a spot on the floor for my toolbox and one for my mini fridge :rolleyes: Even though they have been in the same spot since we moved in :rolleyes: Same thing with the shop tools that are bolted to the floor :rolleyes: It's not like they are gonna be moved :confused:
Hmm... seems like something they would do as a first step before charging you rent. I guess that level of efficiency would be 7-sigma?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Hmm... seems like something they would do as a first step before charging you rent. I guess that level of efficiency would be 7-sigma?
They call it 5s, but it's the same concept. It's been a royal pain in the butt. Only good thing is I got my air drops I wanted. Will be able to plumb oil drops in February :D

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Its good to be organized easy to find the tool u need when needed, a few shots of
Wow!! Very nice!!

I'm just trying to get all my stuff in one spot.

Tooljunkie said he had 3 utility knives; knew where 2 were. I found 5! First time I actually know where they all are.:eek:

Added to my HF box with a tall side cabinet. Now one on each side. I think it gets me there. Similar to forceten's box, without the top chest. Also not as organized.:eek:

Found the magnetic shelf on the tall cabinet is a good spot for an adult beverage!:cool:

I'm getting there, but far from your organization, Bob!!;)

Attachments

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
WOW after seeing all those pretty boxes i guess my milk/tool boxes dont make it,, but hey I can pick mine up when I go,,,lol
Ya' know what Skeets, that is exactly what I've done for years, and it worked!!

I now wonder what to heck am I gonna do to go fix my kid's car on the side of the road?!?!?:confused:

At least now I know where the stuff is to throw in a pail!!:p:p

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
I have a tool bag that generally remains empty. Pack it for a roadside repair,service call or a long road trip. Actually i have 3. One is household electrical,one is wire terminals and auto electrical tools. Third is usually empty.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I have a tool bag that generally remains empty. Pack it for a roadside repair,service call or a long road trip. Actually i have 3. One is household electrical,one is wire terminals and auto electrical tools. Third is usually empty.
Frank - that's smart. Good thinkin'

Don't know if you noticed my other post - I found 5 utility knives.:p:p

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
This was move in day back in june image.jpg

Doesent look anything like that now.
My new toolbox is the one on the left, is black. Still trying to get a handle on things. Too busy trying to keep up with work and look after yard and storage business.

Last edited:

forceten

Equipment
BX 25d, Grand L6060, Kx040, GL7500, ZD1211 With cab
Sep 4, 2015
New Jersey
Wow!! Very nice!!

I'm just trying to get all my stuff in one spot.

Tooljunkie said he had 3 utility knives; knew where 2 were. I found 5! First time I actually know where they all are.:eek:

Added to my HF box with a tall side cabinet. Now one on each side. I think it gets me there. Similar to forceten's box, without the top chest. Also not as organized.:eek:

Found the magnetic shelf on the tall cabinet is a good spot for an adult beverage!:cool:

I'm getting there, but far from your organization, Bob!!;)

Looks good! If I remember right I mail ordered extra shelves for the side box. They were something like $14 for two extra's

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Comon Frank ,,,,WHO YOU TRYIN TO KID??? :D
You took that picture out of a catalog cause aint nobodys garage that clean,
I have trouble finding the floor in mine sometimes,LMAO

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Comon Frank ,,,,WHO YOU TRYIN TO KID??? :D
You took that picture out of a catalog cause aint nobodys garage that clean,
I have trouble finding the floor in mine sometimes,LMAO
You have a floor in yours :confused::confused::p:D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well by golly theres something holding up all that stuff :D

Bobsfixit

Equipment
bx2350
Jun 13, 2015
Carmel NY
Looks good! If I remember right I mail ordered extra shelves for the side box. They were something like $14 for two extra's
I was in the field for 38yrs retired now, had to have organization to know if missing tools, etc now All I have is time, to sort nuts,bolts and anything else LOL!!