Time to upgrade

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
Looks like wildfire has no job, he has a hobby. If his customers realize it, they will ask him to PAY to push the snow!!

I have no cab, no radio but a 3cyl diesel playing it's music for me.

If I would be home. And my wife was not interested in the tractor in summer, so she does not know to operate it in the winter and that makes her using the shovel to get the car to the street... :confused:

der carl

Last edited:

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Hodge, is that a K650 backhoe in the picture string?

DJG

Equipment
2007 B7800 LA402 FEL
Aug 1, 2010
Ann Arbor, MI
Well this week I've put over 20 hours on the tractor and we got another storm on the way for tomorrow. This week I noticed one of my factory speakers was starting to make some distorted noises so I knew it was time to get them out of there for an upgrade. Although the factory Kubota stereo is working great this will be an opportunity to to put in a new Sony unit. With the new Sony I can attach my Iphone to it, Play MP3's WMA's and AAC. I like the idea of using a USB stick as well.

I ended up in the city yesterday and came back with a new set of Infinity Reference two way speakers. Wow these things are top quality compared to the ones I'm taking out that Kubota had in there. The first photo will show you the new speakers on the left and the old one on the right.

The next thing I had to do was remove the light bar on top of the cab and then remove the roof. All work has to be done underneath the roof. Once I got that off I removed the factory radio bracket and realized I'm going to need to drill out the spot welds for the two small ears on the factory bracket and weld them to the new bracket for my new stereo.

After I did some careful measuring the new Sony CDX-GT5400UI fit right in place. I had to figure out Kubota's wiring and used my DVM and labeled the wires then soldered and heat shirked them to the new harness.

I installed the new speakers and turned on the system and could hardly believe the awesome sound that came from it. Crystal clear and no distortion at any sound level and it's loud. I won't have it up very loud while operating the tractor but it's nice to know I could if I wanted to.

The unit also comes with a remote. I had the extra Ram mount so I put the remote on that. What I like about the remote is If I want to play a few tunes while the tractor is in the shop I can select the tunes from the shop floor. How cool is that.:cool: The Kubota radio with the CD played and weather station was fine. Worked well but I just wanted a few more bells and whistles in the cab. Here's a few photo's of the day.
Hello Wildfire:

I always keep an eye out for any new posts from you, Oh Retrofit Guru!

As usual, this is another outstanding job - well conceived and well executed.
You have the skills (and more) to undertake nearly any job, and I salute you.

All you need now is to live somewhere that you can plow snow year-round.

Be Safe. Stay Warm and enjoy the tunes.
David

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Hello Wildfire:

I always keep an eye out for any new posts from you, Oh Retrofit Guru!

As usual, this is another outstanding job - well conceived and well executed.
You have the skills (and more) to undertake nearly any job, and I salute you.

All you need now is to live somewhere that you can plow snow year-round.

Be Safe. Stay Warm and enjoy the tunes.
David

Thanks David for your kind words on my work. I do enjoy doing this sort of thing not only with tractors but pretty well everything. I've never seen the perfect machine so I like to improve on it when I can.
I think the biggest part of it all is sharing what I do with people who also have the same interests and know what it takes to do this stuff and I appreciate you taking the time to comment on it.
I've done so much with this Kubota 5740 that I've had to sit down and try and document each item. I think I have most of it listed.
Thanks again for your kind comments. It made my day sir :)

Here's the list of mods I've done (so far) :D

Custom additions

- Modified the FEL tubes for storage area's by machining custom caps for the tubes.

- Modified the truck plow to adapt to the tractors FEL.

- Modified the bucket by adding a top guard and hooks.

- Added custom built emergency light bar and LED emergency light to the top of the cab.

- Added L.E.D. strobe lighting to the rear of the snow blower and built custom boxes to house them in.

- Added custom build boxes to the plow so Super Nova L.E.D. strobe lights could be installed adding extra lighting to the FEL side on when plowing.

- Added a reverse beeper. (not a small task on these tractors)

- Added a reverse camera with a color 7" LCD monitor that is also inferred and has a built in microphone in the camera it's self. The camera was adapted to the top rear light making it appear that it was always there.

- Gauge pods were added to each side of the LCD monitor and an ambient air temperature and digital volt gauge was added to each pod.

- Two RAM mounts were added in the cab for mounting various items like my phone and MP3 recorder. Also a new mount was just installed for the new IPhone 4

- A moisture sensing system was adapted to the wiper system so when I'm using the tractor the wipers will work automatically when snow or water is present on the windshields. That way I don't need to be switching the wipers on and off myself. The system takes care of that for me.

- Mud flaps were added to the front fenders to help keep the water off the front glass when traveling the machine.

- All powder coated upper mud flap hardware was removed and replaced with stainless hardware.

- All common steel hardware that was present on the snow blower was replaced with stainless steel to prevent corrosion.

- Some custom badging and company lettering was added to the tractor.

- Custom trim was added to the rear fenders to give it a more refined look.

- Added a parking brake warning light. Well a better one that came with the tractor

- The rear factory lollipop top lights that came with the tractor were replaced with L.E.D. lollipop lights.

- Added a few cool rubber holders on the snow blower to hold a shovel and bar.

- A LED light was added to the cab step so it's easy to see where to place your feet in the dark.

- Fabricated a custom coffee mug holder.

- Designed and fabricated a front bumper with quad flashing LED lights and shackle Center.

- Fabricated an aluminum forward light bar and installed a LED light on it including two side mounted LED alley lights

- Designed and built an LED 4X4 display indicator for the cab.

- Designed a custom LED mount for the snowblower chute. Installed two LED lights on the chute so I could early see where the snow is going.

- Designed and fabricated an exhaust stack conversation kit to for the Kubota Grand L 5740 HST-C3.

- Replaced the stereo system with a Sony X-Plod and Infinity speakers.

- Installed an air horn.

- Added a power plug for charging cell phone at the dash.

- Added rear wheel weights and fabricated custom Center caps for them.

- Custom fitted the floor to accept a new Grammer Air Ride seat.

- Added a rear view mirror

- Added a shock to the front snow blade to eliminate blade recoil after hitting obstacle.

- Fabricated covers to cover up the spring adjusters on the front blade

Wildfire

Equipment
Looks like wildfire has no job, he has a hobby. If his customers realize it, they will ask him to PAY to push the snow!!

I have no cab, no radio but a 3cyl diesel playing it's music for me.

If I would be home. And my wife was not interested in the tractor in summer, so she does not know to operate it in the winter and that makes her using the shovel to get the car to the street... :confused:

der carl
der Carl. I try and think of my work as a hobby. I enjoy my work 90% of the time. The other 10% is Hell but I haven't met anyone who has the perfect job.
When my BX25D gets home I'm going to show my wife how to operate it. I'm hopping we both can enjoy it this summer.
I did get to see the wood chipper/shredder i ordered at the dealer this week so I'm happy :D

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Like someone said I wonder how long its going to be before there is a Mini me sitting beside the big one,,,lol:rolleyes:

Wildfire

Equipment
Like someone said I wonder how long its going to be before there is a Mini me sitting beside the big one,,,lol:rolleyes:
When I went in on New Year's Eve and paid for it I told them not to deliver it until the chipper, tool box, thumb and QC attachment shows up. I also said leave it on the show room floor as long as you want to because I don't need it.

That being said I figure two more weeks and I'll have it. The problem is that the BX25D is so new that the accessories aren't built yet or weren't when I bought it. I'd say they've started now.
I got some stuff fabricated for it already and a pile of items already here waiting to be installed on it.

cabu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kuno B1-15 (B1502DT)
May 24, 2009
Germany, Oyten
... I got some stuff fabricated for it already and a pile of items already here waiting to be installed on it...
Sounds like a boy next to the christmas tree looking with big eyes at all the gift's. :rolleyes:

Have fun!

der carl

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
. I got some stuff fabricated for it already and a pile of items already here waiting to be installed on it...

Good golly how did we ever guess,,lol:D

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
What…!!! No Siren…?? :D

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
What…!!! No Siren…?? :D
How, and more importantly, why did you dig up this old thread with the last reply more than 11 years ago?! :ROFLMAO:😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
It was “linked to” in another present-day conversation….so it brought me here.… I’’ve got an old fire-engine siren I’m thinking of installing …. it sounds like a World War Two Air Raid Warning…. LOL

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
It was “linked to” in another present-day conversation….so it brought me here.… I’’ve got an old fire-engine siren I’m thinking of installing …. it sounds like a World War Two Air Raid Warning…. LOL
Sounds like you'd have a wail of a time! 😂