Tilt Wheel Adjustment

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
So after blowing a Hydraulic line and misting the entire cab area with a fine spray of slick oil I have a small problem

My Tilt Wheel Adjustment lever is slipping

So I took it apart and found the bolts that look to tighten it, I tightened those down but it is still slipping

My next idea is to take it apart, clean with Brake Cleaner and put it back together..

Is the maybe something I and not thinking off... Thoughts ????

L3600

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
Your'e on the right track, can't really think of anything you didn't cover....The ultimate solution is, by whatever means, rid the system of the 'lubricant' that inadvertently got on to it. The brake cleaner should do it, too bad you couldn't just spray the assembly without removing / disassembling.

I would add that even though I think I understand your post I still can't conclusively imagine what is actually happening; wasn't sure if it was your steering system 'coming out of' tilt or the release mechanism not disengaging.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yea the one part that is the "holder" needs to be dry and lube free, so brake parts cleaner is the ticket!

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
Your'e on the right track, can't really think of anything you didn't cover....The ultimate solution is, by whatever means, rid the system of the 'lubricant' that inadvertently got on to it. The brake cleaner should do it, too bad you couldn't just spray the assembly without removing / disassembling.

I would add that even though I think I understand your post I still can't conclusively imagine what is actually happening; wasn't sure if it was your steering system 'coming out of' tilt or the release mechanism not disengaging.

The lever won't stay in the locked position, so the wheel moves pretty easy, It looks like a simple friction mechanism.

Going to try and get to it in the morning

Marshal

Equipment
LX2610
Jan 14, 2023
NC
The lever won't stay in the locked position, so the wheel moves pretty easy, It looks like a simple friction mechanism.

Going to try and get to it in the morning
This may not be exactly what your issue is, but I recently purchased a LX2610. The steering wheel would go rouge and just pop up to full tilt at random times - mostly it seemed while I was under load. I contacted the dealership. They were familiar with the issue; picked up the tractor the next day and returned it me 2 days later. The issue - there are notches that hold the wheel in place. Kubota (at times) does not make those notches deep enough. The dealership had to grind out the notches to make them deeper. So far so good on the repair and covered under warranty.