The IRS and I finally agree on something!

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I just noticed that, for the purpose of calculating the required minimum distribution taken from my IRA, that the IRS expects me to live to be 100! That’s what I always expected too!

Man do I hope their projections are accurate! Or even better, that they underestimate!!!

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I just noticed that, for the purpose of calculating the required minimum distribution taken from my IRA, that the IRS expects me to live to be 100! That’s what I always expected too!
Man do I hope their projections are accurate! Or even better, that they underestimate!!!
^^^^^

Not to rain on your parade or otherwise dash your hopes and wishes:

You might want to revisit these sentiments after age of say.....65.

Once the aches, pains and other ravages of aging begin to set in.....you'll find it tends to 'temper' any wishes to outlive a Giant Sequoia.

Typically, things get a little worse with each passing year (not better). Speaking only for myself (age 69) I am pretty sure I don't want to live to be 100. ;)

Having a 'long life' doesn't mean you had a 'good' life. Always endeavor to have a 'good' life and leave your life span to chance.

The IRS won't like that of course, but who cares what they think, right?

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
^^^^^

Once the aches, pains and other ravages of aging begin to set in.....you'll find it tends to 'temper' any wishes to outlive a Giant Sequoia.

Typically, things get a little worse with each passing year (not better). Speaking only for myself (age 69) I am pretty sure I don't want to live to be 100. ;)

Having a 'long life' doesn't mean you had a 'good' life. Always endeavor to have a 'good' life and leave your life span to chance.

At nearly 83 life, is beginning to have substantially more trials and tribulations.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Medication helps:

IMG_1535.jpeg
IMG_1535.jpeg

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
No matter how long you live, the IRS will always want a cut of your retirement sent to them quarterly. The way our government is spending money today I don't see the USA lasting another 100 years. Inflation, competition, and unemployment are factors that will contribute to our demise, not to mention our national debt.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
^^^^^

Great advice for the youngsters!

To reach 65 I’d have to go back in time almost 12 years! 😳

I guess I’ve been lucky as the aches, pains and other things that many people complain about when they get older haven’t set in on me yet. I hesitate to say that though, because no way to know what tomorrow will bring.

I certainly have noticed that I’m not as strong as I used to be though. Not that I was ever that strong, but less now.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I am on year five of forced withdrawls from my IRA. However, it is worth close to twice what it was when the withdraws started. So my amount taken out has doubled as well.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Great advice for the youngsters!

To reach 65 I’d have to go back in time almost 12 years! 😳

I guess I’ve been lucky as the aches, pains and other things that many people complain about when they get older haven’t set in on me yet. I hesitate to say that though, because no way to know what tomorrow will bring.

I certainly have noticed that I’m not as strong as I used to be though. Not that I was ever that strong, but less now.
[/QUOTE

The reality is that I was nearly 78 five years ago, and mostly capable of doing anything I wanted to do.
Approaching 83 now, the differences are sadly startling!