starting problems with B2150

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Had bought new starter that had a white wire coming off of it and said damn, wrong starter, so took original too have it rebuilt. Reinstalled original starter.
What happens when you jump the solenoid?

mrmcmaple

Equipment
Kubota B2150
Mar 17, 2024
Hebron CT USA
haven't jumped it yet St. Paddys day and festivities have begun will do 1st thing in am after 2 log truck deliveries of firewoood! Thanks for your help, it means alot!
btw do iI start with heating up glow plugs and leave key in on position when i jump solenoid

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
This one is an odd one. Maybe I’m missing something but I have gone over a few times and still didn’t see anything about testing your original battery. You had the starter rebuilt before confirming it was even the issue. Did you test the rebuild one before installing it? Are the fuses all good that folks mentioned? Including the ones by the battery. Gotta start with the basics. Maybe you have already done this but don’t post that info? Makes me think you changed the starter without checking the fuses. Maybe you didn’t but beats me as the reader.
ps your allowed to have a couple beers while working on your tractor.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm, re read the posts....
it sounds like bad battery. he did 'recharge' it...though not tested .
age,weather, use have a lot to do with battery condition.
if tractor's 5 years or older.....could very well be battery.

the 'dim' lights is pointing to 'bad' battery.

be easy to remove that battery and use jumpers to car or truck battery.
do NOT 'jump' with the original battery connected though