See My New B7100 D. Some advice would be appreciated

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
Did you change & set the hydraulic fluid level to approx 4" from the top?

If so, you'll need to look at three things:

Cylinders - worn piston rings will leak fluids past. It's internal so just because you don't see leaks doesn't make it good.

Pump - a pressure check would identify the issue.

Controller - like the cylinders, it needs working seals

My buck's on the cylinders. If they look rather worn on the outside, I'd get rebuild kits (seals, o-rings, etc) and tackle the job yourself. I did it and it was rather easy. Do inspect the inner wall and the rod for damage.

Sean

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
I had sort of the same issue with my B8200's hydros and cleaning the screen helped but replacing it fixed it. It must trap such fine particals that they stayed trapped in the mesh. Be prepared for sticker shock when you price the repair kits for you rams, I rebuilt mine once and they held for a while but with new seals on old pistons they started leaking a year later. I found some new cylinders for just a little more than i paid for the kits and all is good.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Ok, so I changed the hydraulic fluid, cleaned the fluid screen it, it wasn't that bad. There is one small tear in it though, so I have a new one on the way. However the bucket is still pretty weak and cant lift the front off the ground. I'm guessing it is low pressure. I also now have a hydraulic gauge, not sure how to hook it up though, or where. Any suggestions on that? it is just a gage with some threads on the end of it, so I'm assuming that I need to have a hose built for it. Any suggestions on where to put it and how to attach it?
Thanks,
I think Surplus Center sells a Tee with the proper threads so you can screw a gage into the Tee, remove a hose, place the tee where you removed the hose, and re-connect the hose.
Maybe I missed it, but is this loader run off the tractor's internal hydraulics, or does it have it's own pump?

kubotasam

Equipment
B2410, B7100dt, B7500,Woods BH750,Landpride 2660RFM, Tiller, B2781 Snowblower
Apr 26, 2010
Alfred Maine
When you plumb in the "T" with the pressure gauge it needs to be between the pump and the valve. Then run a cylinder all the way out or in and let the system go to relief. Then read your gauge.

Pisby

Equipment
Kubota B7100D with loader and backhoe
May 12, 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
Thanks all for the responses. My gauge came today, so I'll attempt to hook it up soon after I get the hardware to do it. I'll have my new screen tomorrow, so I'll drain the oil and throw that in. So one other comment that I hadn't thought of previously, It seems as though it has strength while lifting IE can lift a full bucket of dirt, but no strength going down, which doesn't seem like such an issue but it is when trying to grade/ smooth or scrape an area. The fact that it has power one way more than another leads me to believe it is a control problem.

Lil foot- The loader is powered by the tractors pump. The backhoe has it's own that runs off of the PTO.

Seanbarr- excellent point that they may be leaking internally, I hadn't considered that

Either way I think the pressure gauge will answer a lot.
One other question: when I take the hose off will it be under pressure, and is there a way of relieving that first?

Again- thanks all for the advice. I don't know what it is but there is just something cool about making a machine work the way that it was intended, and not letting it head to a landfill. I don't know what it is but my wife says I've never been happier!!

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
Whenever you plan to turn off the tractor & walk away from it, you should lower the 3PH and the loader completely, turn the engine off, then operate the FEL controller in all directions to relieve any residual pressure. That's when you can disconnect any hoses. It'll likely seep oil a bit so plan on a little mess.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
It seems as though it has strength while lifting IE can lift a full bucket of dirt, but no strength going down
This statement got me to thinking..... my FEL has a float position.... I.E. no power down, it just floats to follow uneven terrain when plowing and such.
This is engaged by pushing the "down" lever all the way forward, past the "powered down" position..... is it possible you are in a float mode?

Pisby

Equipment
Kubota B7100D with loader and backhoe
May 12, 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
So I figured out the issue with the loader and its weak strength...... If you push the control knob all the way forward, it is a float option..... feeling a bit dumb right now. If you push it half forward it has power, and can lift the front off. That problem is solved now for the backhoe....

thanks all

rednecklimo85

Equipment
78 B6100E(brush hog, boxblade, snowplow) 85 B7200DT(loader and backhoe)
Oct 24, 2009
torrington,ct
My B7200's hand throttle linkage is broken(since it sits primarily at my dads house it has yet to get fixed..) so when I dig with it I dig at just a hair over idle(where it wants to "idle", due to the linkage issue) That being said, It is flat out impressive what this machine will do at idle. Sure it's a little slow, but it suffers more from a lack of weight then it does power. It has no problem picking the back of the tractor up and moving it around and I've dug out and moved around rocks that would NOT fit in the front bucket.