Rear Remote - Is there a trick...

lerxstland

Equipment
MX5400 , New Holland 4630, LP BoxBlade, land plane, Grapple, rake, rear blade,
Mar 7, 2016
McHenry, MD
Have OEM rear remotes installed by Kubota dealer. Currently installing my Top n' tilt but when trying to connect the hoses to the rear remote fittings, it seems as if the sleeve on the hydraulic line at the remote needs to be slid backwards such that you can then insert the line coming from the top cylinder (or the other lines as well). Is there a trick to getting that sleeve to retract so that I can insert the hydraulic line? It seems the only way is to push on the back side of the rear remote line but I'm guessing I'm doing something stupid...any suggestions?
Thanks!
MX 5400 - Rear remote.jpg

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Make sure your tractor is off and the pressure relieved from the system.

You should be able to push them right in and pull them out - if the hydraulic pressure is relieved.

lerxstland

Equipment
Mar 7, 2016
McHenry, MD
Pretty sure I did relieve all of the pressure - but going to confirm that there is no pressure on the TnT cylinder side and give it another go today. Thanks!

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Push pull works. You can also pull and it will pop out - Even under pressure. There isn't a collar to retract on this style of pioneer coupling.

Keep a clean rag handy these connectors tend to squirt out and drip onto your tractor and the ground.

I probably don't need to says this but make sure both male and female ends are clean before re-connecting. Keep the dust covers on when disconnected as the female ends are dirt magnets.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
Relieve pressure on the TNT cylinder via the coupler (couple of crescent wrenches, etc) then report back.

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
Your remotes may be a fancier version of this

These clamp on the sliding collar, if a drawbar implement disconnects the hoses are pulled rearward and couplers release.
To connect hoses, pull the mounted hose rearward (releases the locking bearings) and push male fitting in and release the mounted hose

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
I find that I have to push them in and then hold the pipe at the back of the coupler to get them out

lerxstland

Equipment
Mar 7, 2016
McHenry, MD
Thanks everyone for your comments - I did get it to work and it was simply as someone mentioned - push them straight in and they will click. It didn't feel right when I first did it that way, but yes that does work.

So that works now but I have a separate issue - when I use the tilt function the side with the cylinder on it will tilt up but nothing passed basically being level. So I can tilt the cylinder side up, but not down. It seems like the cylinder is the wrong size, but I purchased the kit from a kubota dealer and the dealer said it is the correct one for my tractor.
20211001_124613.jpg

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
There are more than one mount holes on the bottom of the cylinder. The three point arm my also have different positions. The positions work like this: One end gives more range but less lift, and vise versa.

The top tilt should be adjusted so the tilt cylinder is in the middle of its range vs the left arm. Your actual raise and lower of the whole assembly is done with the 3 point lever.