Rear Blade Angles

PNWBXer

Equipment
BX2380
Feb 24, 2020
Washington
I could be wrong, and maybe the OP took it into consideration and knows better; But I'd guess that a 6 foot, 3 point rear blade on a BX will hit the rear tires at anything close to 45 degrees. 22 degrees is pushing it.

Secondly. The larger blade will pull your BX's rear end into the cut direction.
Big time .

My 2 cents.

Hit the tires? Wait aren't all this reversible pull/push blades designed to flip around.....aka not hit the tires?

Not too worried about "pulling the rear" as I'm not looking to do anything other than scraping after snowblowing. Maybe some finish grading for grass seed ground prep....but I have a proper 48"box blade for dirt work in the BX.

I also figured that plowing at 45 degrees I"m going to lose the material faster than it can build up.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
If you are wanting to clear 1/3rd inches of snow

If you're wanting to clear 1/3rd of an inch of snow I don't think a rear blade will do much good! You would have to have perfectly level roadway with no crown to scrape anything. Might need a leaf blower !!!!!
Maybe so but leaf blowers aren't near as kool as tractors. :cool:

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I would absolutely go with a 6 foot light duty blade on your BX for the work your describing.

I run a six foot light duty King Kutter blade on my B7100 HST with zero issues. My tractor would come very close to the weight and foot print of your BX. I also have a front mounted 50 inch Kubota blower. I stand the blade up about as perpendicular to the surface as possible, run the curved side of the blade forward. I regularly do two driveways, one blacktop and the other gravel. I regularly will remove up to 6 to 8 inches of snow, wet or dry, over that amount I may or may not use the blower but will always finish up with the blade. I can push snow with the back side of blade very efficiently. I keep it angled in the first hole from being straight, not sure of the degrees.

On my tractor I can spin the blade 360 degrees without hitting the rear tires.

Reactions: 1 user

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I don't know 3 point - blades too well. I'm more of a box blade - Gannon Scraper guy because I had years of experience with them decades ago. For finish grading, not with snow.

Now, I have the cheap Farm Fleet - King Kutter 6 foot 3 point blade on my LX 2610 for light snow relocation. It definitely hits my rear tires if I try to spin it 180 degrees. Or anything more than 45. It doesn't have the side to side or flip up ability that some rear blades do. And an lx2610 is a little bit bigger than a BX. A 6 or 7 foot blade on a BX seems like a no-go at anything more than 22 degrees. But I could be wrong.

I suppose that I could adjust the top link in my case... real short.. and spin it 180. IDK. Haven't tried it.

Good luck.

Last edited:

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I don't know 3 point - blades too well. I'm more of a box blade - Gannon Scraper guy because I had years of experience with them decades ago. For finish grading, not with snow.

Now, I have the cheap Farm Fleet - King Kutter 6 foot 3 point blade on my LX 2610 for light snow relocation. It definitely hits my rear tires if I try to spin it 180 degrees. Or anything more than 45. It doesn't have the side to side or flip up ability that some rear blades do. And an lx2610 is a little bit bigger than a BX. A 6 or 7 foot blade on a BX seems like a no-go at anything more than 22 degrees. But I could be wrong.

I suppose that I could adjust the top link in my case... real short.. and spin it 180. IDK. Haven't tried it.

Good luck.
When I bought my current blade, one of my requirements was that it be able to rotate 360 degrees while attached to the tractor. As you point out, not all of them are made to do this. My 8’ blade can be spun 360 degrees without getting near the rear tires. This is a feature I use often because I frequently smooth gravel or plow snow while driving forward with the rear blade reversed.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Hit the tires? Wait aren't all this reversible pull/push blades designed to flip around.....aka not hit the tires?
The simple answer is: NO. NOT ALL rear blades are designed to rotate 180, or360 degrees while mounted.

Ask me how I know. (See above posts).

If I needed to rotate my rear blade for backward use, I would have to disconnect it from the 3 point, then spin it around by hand, and reconnect it to the 3 point.

But... I've never found the need to use my 3 point blade backwards.

I'm old school and 3 point implements with ground impact are floppy side to side and not what I want.

But, we are all different. Whatever floats your boat.

ken erickson

Equipment
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Follow up to my post stating I can swivel my 6 foot King Kutter blade 360 degrees.

I would guess that the 3 point geometry in relation to the back of the B7100 and relative small sized diameter rear tires allows me to do this. For me , on this tractor the length of the top link is more critical than the length of the blade hitting the tires due to the bottom tip of the blade coming close to the ground and the top tip hitting the lower link arms.

IMG_9096.JPG
IMG_9097.JPG
IMG_9095.JPG

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I don't think it's the tractor. It's the implement. Some are designed with a long enough arm to pivot and some don't.

ken erickson

Equipment
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I don't think it's the tractor. It's the implement. Some are designed with a long enough arm to pivot and some don't.
Northwoodslife posted he has the same King Kutter blade and his blade hits his rear tires on his LX2610

"Now, I have the cheap Farm Fleet - King Kutter 6 foot 3 point blade on my LX 2610 for light snow relocation. It definitely hits my rear tires if I try to spin it 180 degrees."

To be fair I do not know if his blade is the same vintage as mine and has the same length of frame. I did not take precise measurements but from the lower link arm pins to the center of the blade pivot measures about 25 inches.

Last edited:

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
For the OP's intended purpose the back blade will work fine......chances are the 6' will be fine if he has enough traction.

I run a similar setup on my B2601......blower on the front, 5' blade out back for my gravel drive. Commonly flipped around backwards to be less aggressive on the gravel........if the base is frozen I can use it in the more traditional direction.

I sometimes help out my neighbor with a paved driveway and the back blade cleans it up nice.

For wet sticky stuff I have sprayed the blade with a teflon like spray for blowers and the snow peels off to the side easily.

I wouldn't think of every using my box blade for snow here........not with the option of the back blade as well.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Fwiw, I have a Land Pride, and it pivots even as a 84 on my L2501.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
My 3 point quick hitch helps push my rear blade back far enough that lets me spin my 6 foot king cutter spin around. Don’t think it would without it.