Pros and cons of snow removal options

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I disagree that using a rear mounted snowblower with a mirror is anything like backing up a trailer.
Backing up with a trailer: if you want the trailer to veer to the left, you have to turn your steering wheel to the right (clockwise). If you want the trailer to veer to the right....you turn your steering wheel to the left (counter clockwise). All of which is due to the pivot point at the ball hitch. It can get confusing, no doubt.

A rear snowblower mounted to your tractor's 3 pt hitch does not pivot like a trailer when turning. When you're looking in the mirror and you want the blower to veer to your left.....you turn the steering wheel to the left. If you want the blower to veer to the right....you turn the steering wheel to the right. It's no different than backing your vehicle into a parking spot.

It's very intuitive and the learning curve is extremely brief. (No tricks needed as in trying to remember which way to turn the steering wheel while backing up a trailer to have it go where you want it to.)

You use the steering wheel the same way with mirrors and a 3 pt blower as you do driving forward with no mirrors. Either way: turn left and the blower goes left ...... turn right and the blower goes right.

dan’s kubby

Equipment
BX23S, B2672 snow plow, Land Pride SGC0554 Grapple, Titan 4306 Gra
Feb 8, 2024
NE PA
Great post!

I love my plow, but any chance to use my tractor is good with me!