Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
That dude in the mud is SCREWED :eek:

How much would it cost to get that guy out :confused:

I dont know for sure. When I was in a wrecker a few years back it was around 110 to 112 bucks an hour to work on something like that. Oh and thats PER truck. You'd need 2 heavy duty wreckers to get that Cat track hoe out for sure.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I dont know for sure. When I was in a wrecker a few years back it was around 110 to 112 bucks an hour to work on something like that. Oh and thats PER truck. You'd need 2 heavy duty wreckers to get that Cat track hoe out for sure.
Crap! So even a salvage lik that wouldn't put a dent in the $300,000 for the wrecker :(

You would need a lot more idiots to pull out to get it payed off.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
NOPE! And thats why most trucks get over a million miles on them and after a while a owner will swap out the cab and chassie and put the same old wrecker boom and tool boxes on a fresh new truck to keep costs down. I worked at a wrecker company that had a 1972 Kenworth rotator. It had well over one million miles so the bossman bought a brand new Western Star cab and chassie and took the old boom and body off the old and stuck it on the new.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
NOPE! And thats why most trucks get over a million miles on them and after a while a owner will swap out the cab and chassie and put the same old wrecker boom and tool boxes on a fresh new truck to keep costs down. I worked at a wrecker company that had a 1972 Kenworth rotator. It had well over one million miles so the bossman bought a brand new Western Star cab and chassie and took the old boom and body off the old and stuck it on the new.

OMG a million miles :eek:

Well, that makes perfectly good sense to swap over the money making end if it all still works. It's hard to believe people make money with those things :confused:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
A wrecker with a rotator boom on it is a money making truck. Its basically a crane thats faster down the highway and faster at recovery work. The rotator boom will spin a complete 360 degrees making it very useful on the side of the highway when traffic space is limited.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
A wrecker with a rotator boom on it is a money making truck. Its basically a crane thats faster down the highway and faster at recovery work. The rotator boom will spin a complete 360 degrees making it very useful on the side of the highway when traffic space is limited.
Thanks Eric!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Seen it and LOVE IT! I watch that show all the time. Brings back alot of memories when I was in a wrecker.

stuart

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7001 with loader & tiller, 3 point hitch and 4' rear blade
Aug 9, 2009
Aldergrove, BC, Canada
I think it was the green thing upside down in the car wash that started all this off off topic discussion.