Placement of Hooks on Bucket

Paulwestski

Equipment
Kubota L4240HS R-4's
Mar 14, 2011
Amherst County, VA
Paulwestki, where are you located in Amherst? I live in Love, on the valley side of the Parkway- a couple of miles from Wintergreen. I go to Lynchburg all the time- a daughter at Liberty, and the wife's family is there. I'll wave the next time I'm zooming down 29.
I actually live in VA Beach. I have some mountain property in Amherst Co.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Hodge, I have family that is around the Lynchburg and Brookneal area. My dad was born up that way and most of his family is still living up there.

number9

Equipment
L3800HST, 4x4, LA524
Apr 25, 2013
KY
Added some hooks to my bucket the other day. Just painted them last night with Kubota New paint from TSC - which is a close match but note exact. I did order OEM Kubota paint yesterday from Messers and will repaint with it when I get it.

Decided to add a receiver hitch to the bucket as I've seen some build a boom pole and use this way and I like that idea, or to jockey trailers around better if the rear trailer mover won't cut it.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I took a different approach to hooking the chain. Instead of hooks, I took some pieces of angle that sit against the back edge of the bucket top and cut slots for the chain. They are a simple bolt-on install. For the slots I drilled holes in the angle at the top edge of the bucket and cut in from the top edge of the angle to form slots. The chain drops into the slots. Easy to adjust the amount of chain for the load. Extra chain can be draped in the unused slots. These worked great on my B7500 so they became the first mod for the L3200.

Attachments

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Cool idea Chim.

I'm curious to see if the bigger tractor will bend them if you really get in a hard pull.
Can't say that it isn't a valid concern. I did use the B7500 to lift anything the hydraulics would handle. That included the rear of the tractor when I brought a bush hog home on a trailer. The bucket on the L3200 seems pretty sturdy and the load is spread over an area at least as large as the bolt-on hooks. It has endured some fairly heavy loads so far without any bad effects.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I was thinking the same thing about bending though maybe a couple of gussets welded in might help,,, probably wouldn't make any difference but would make me feel better

Teikas Dad

Equipment
B3200
Oct 19, 2012
Live Free or Die
I added a section of 3X3 angle across the top of my bucket and welded the hooks to that. I also added clevis mount points on top and one inside the top of the bucket. I also welded a hook on the lower section of the back of the bucket to bring it closer to the tractor in case I needed to lift something a little heavier. The hook on the back and the clevis mount inside the bucket were welded to a metal plate, then I welded the plate to the bucket.