No hydraulic pressure

Boogyman1247

Equipment
02 bx2200
Jul 7, 2022
Diana tx
I am new to kubota tractors. I have an 02 bx2200. It had hydraulic pressure to the loader before the dealer broke the tractor in half to work on the tranny and now it won’t work under a load. I have replaced one set of couplers and was thinking about replacing the other set. Any other ideas? I also have a shim kit.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
If it worked before the dealer worked on it, and doesn’t work after the repair was done, I would be in touch with the dealer first before doing anything…

Reactions: 2 users

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Why is this not a dealer problem? Was this problem was present when the dealer returned the tractor to you?
Were you moving and connecting hoses. A hose in the wrong place.............
Does the loader move at all?
Does the 3 pt hitch work?
Dave

Reactions: 1 user

Boogyman1247

Equipment
02 bx2200
Jul 7, 2022
Diana tx
If it worked before the dealer worked on it, and doesn’t work after the repair was done, I would be in touch with the dealer first before doing anything…
So the dealer cracked my transmission in half without authorization and had to do the repairs for free because of the mistake. They won’t be doing anymore work for me

Boogyman1247

Equipment
02 bx2200
Jul 7, 2022
Diana tx
Why is this not a dealer problem? Was this problem was present when the dealer returned the tractor to you?
Were you moving and connecting hoses. A hose in the wrong place.............
Does the loader move at all?
Does the 3 pt hitch work?
Dave
The dealer won’t be doing anymore work for me. No all I have done is replace a leaking coupler with the tractor off and de pressurized
Yes the loader moves just not under load
Yes the 3 point hitch works as it should. Thanks for any help

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Lance
You need to invest in a 0-3,000 psi pressure gauge and a hydraulic fitting so you can plug your gauge into your tractor.
Relief valve test gauge.JPG

Your tractor has a hydraulic outlet block to provide power to your optional loader.

forum BX2200 block.jpg

The lower part of the above illustration is what I expect you have since you have a loader.
You need to study this material and then try and trace each line going to your loader valve as I suspect a line is in the wrong place.

Dave

Attachments

Boogyman1247

Equipment
02 bx2200
Jul 7, 2022
Diana tx
Lance
You need to invest in a 0-3,000 psi pressure gauge and a hydraulic fitting so you can plug your gauge into your tractor.
View attachment 83168

Your tractor has a hydraulic outlet block to provide power to your optional loader.

View attachment 83169
The lower part of the above illustration is what I expect you have since you have a loader.
You need to study this material and then try and trace each line going to your loader valve as I suspect a line is in the wrong place.

Dave
I have a pressure gauge but I’m not real sure where to plug it in.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
I have a pressure gauge but I’m not real sure where to plug it in.
Disconnect any quick connect going to a loader function and connect the gauge instead of the hose.
With the tractor running move the control lever to send pressure to the gauage and read the pressure.
A few seconds is all you need.
Dave

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The dealer won’t be doing anymore work for me. No all I have done is replace a leaking coupler with the tractor off and de pressurized
Yes the loader moves just not under load
Yes the 3 point hitch works as it should. Thanks for any help
Do you have the problem with BOTH lift and bucket operation or just one?

Dan

Boogyman1247

Equipment
02 bx2200
Jul 7, 2022
Diana tx
Do you have the problem with BOTH lift and bucket operation or just one?

Dan
I was able to get a full bucket load by pushing then backing up and tilting the bucket and repeating the process until the bucket was full after that the tractor could only lift the bucket a couple of inches. I don’t know how much power the tilt should have. It’s the smallest tractor I have operated

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I was able to get a full bucket load by pushing then backing up and tilting the bucket and repeating the process until the bucket was full after that the tractor could only lift the bucket a couple of inches. I don’t know how much power the tilt should have. It’s the smallest tractor I have operated
You should have enough curl/dump force to easily lift the front of the tractor. From your description it sounds like curl may be weak as well.

I would start by checking inlet pressure. I put a tee on the inlet port of my LA1630 loader valve years ago for that exact purpose. Its a handy test point that I simply cap when not in use. Hook your gauge up there and then with the engine at mid to upper RPM run through all of the control functions. If you get full pressure but the corresponding function is not moving the problem is in the work port connection. If you don't get full pressure and the function is not moving you have a supply pressure problem.

Dan

16572862806778752271683140024418.jpg

Last edited:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Just in case you weren't aware....

bx's have a tiny pump

they don't move enough oil at low engine speeds to do much of anything

so if you are trying to work it at idle, it's not going to do much. Increase RPM. The pump volume and pressure are measured at rated engine speed-in other words full throttle.

Boogyman1247

Equipment
02 bx2200
Jul 7, 2022
Diana tx
Just in case you weren't aware....

bx's have a tiny pump

they don't move enough oil at low engine speeds to do much of anything

so if you are trying to work it at idle, it's not going to do much. Increase RPM. The pump volume and pressure are measured at rated engine speed-in other words full throttle.
Thanks you.

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
That loaders maximum lift capacity is 460 pounds. I have no idea of your level of experience with loaders, but there is a technique to load a bucket, and the material and density of the pile will dictate the best technique. I have the the TLB version of your tractor. It's not a powerhouse, but it can do a lot of work with good technique. I agree with others you need to check the pressure at near full throttle and see if a pump/pressure problem exists. You could also do a lift test using material of known weights, such as bags of sand.

Boogyman1247

Equipment
02 bx2200
Jul 7, 2022
Diana tx
That loaders maximum lift capacity is 460 pounds. I have no idea of your level of experience with loaders, but there is a technique to load a bucket, and the material and density of the pile will dictate the best technique. I have the the TLB version of your tractor. It's not a powerhouse, but it can do a lot of work with good technique. I agree with others you need to check the pressure at near full throttle and see if a pump/pressure problem exists. You could also do a lift test using material of known weights, such as bags of sand.
I have a little experience with larger equipment like skid steers and loading a dump truck with a large loader but I’m new to a small tractor. Once again thanks for all the input.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
a lot of the large equipment will use a totally different hydraulic system. Yours is open center constant flow, and the pump as I mentioned earlier is teeny tiny, fully dependent on RPM since it is mechanically geared to the transmission, which is driven directly off of the engine crankshaft. The faster the rpm the more volume. At idle and low rpm there isn't enough volume to make good pressure so your loader is going to be slow and weak. Once the speed comes up it will act normally--and I put "normally" as subjective since the BX's are not "strong" by any stretch--they are mostly just lawn mowers that happen to have the same features as a bigger tractor.

On a lot of larger equipment, they use closed center systems. Then, some of those will use a variable displacement hydrualic pump. The great thing about that design is that it can make a lot of pressure AND volume at very low engine speed, which is one reason excavators only turn ~2200 RPM (max). They'll do the same work at idle speed as a smaller machine with an open center system might do at rated engine speed. Just to give you an example, of course. There are some differences among the equipment.

Boogyman1247

Equipment
02 bx2200
Jul 7, 2022
Diana tx
Do any of you know if there is some kind of shear pin between the motor and the pump? Or have the schematics showing the way that the motor turns the pump? I’m wondering if something was just not put back on.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Do any of you know if there is some kind of shear pin between the motor and the pump? Or have the schematics showing the way that the motor turns the pump? I’m wondering if something was just not put back on.
Usually splined or tang drive. Have you done an inlet pressure test?

Dan