New forums live! Post feedback, comments, questions or issues here!

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Should be in the bottom right of each post, to the left of the "Reply" link. Do you see that? If not, I might need to update a setting here or there.
I am not seeing it. What does it look like?

Reactions: 1 user

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Mr K, unless I am missing it, it would be nice if at the top of the page, there was something that showed that you are logged in. There has been a few times I came back to OTT, and did not know that I had been logged out until I tried to reply to a post.
You should see your avatar in the upper right of the page along with an envelope, a bell and magnifying glass.

upper_right.jpg

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Yep, mdhughes is right - profile pic present means you are logged in (plus its a quick way to get to your profile settings), envelope lights up if there are new private messages available (conversations as they are called now), bell lights up if you have notifications available such as someone quoting your reply in a post and magnifying glass is for searching the site.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
That plus your User ID is listed in the "Members Online" window on the index page. If you just logged on, it will be on top.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Yep, mdhughes is right - profile pic present means you are logged in (plus its a quick way to get to your profile settings), envelope lights up if there are new private messages available (conversations as they are called now), bell lights up if you have notifications available such as someone quoting your reply in a post and magnifying glass is for searching the site.
Is your profile picture supposed to be at the top of every page? Because mine isn’t.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Mr K, love the site.

Is there an plan for taptalk integration.? I think your gonna lose some members do to not having access through taptalk. I usually access the site through that app from my phone. I find it easier to read and navigate using the app when accessing the site with my phone. Plus an easier time uploading photos.

As for the file size restrictions for photos. Some sites using this same template have a way of converting photos so the file size doesn't matter. You upload your photo and software on the forum end automatically drops it down to the appropriate size for the site.

I know my contributions will probably drop way down if I have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get the file size down in order to post a photo.

Second is just a hmm with navigating the site now. Is there anyway the home button can just take you to the main forum page? Instead of the main page for the site. I keep hitting the home button on accident and getting dumped out of the forums. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Mr. K

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 14, 2009
www.orangetractortalks.com
Is there an plan for taptalk integration.? I think your gonna lose some members do to not having access through taptalk. I usually access the site through that app from my phone. I find it easier to read and navigate using the app when accessing the site with my phone. Plus an easier time uploading photos.
Have you tried navigating the site just using your phone's browser? How does the experience compare to Tapatalk?

As for the file size restrictions for photos. Some sites using this same template have a way of converting photos so the file size doesn't matter. You upload your photo and software on the forum end automatically drops it down to the appropriate size for the site.
Ok yep, let's take a joint mission to make it easy for visitors to upload pictures from their mobile devices, should just work. I've tweaked some settings on my end. Can you see now if you are able to upload an image right from your phone? Let's see if we can eliminate this pre-resizing business members are needing to do.

Second is just a hmm with navigating the site now. Is there anyway the home button can just take you to the main forum page? Instead of the main page for the site. I keep hitting the home button on accident and getting dumped out of the forums.
Ok good callout. I found myself making this mistake too a few times. Updated the top navigation to list "Articles" instead of "Home". Also removed the little house icon and just have the top navigation breadcrumb start with Forums. Let's see if this helps a bit.

Reactions: 1 user

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
When I "Mark read", is there a reason to have to verify that decision by clicking another box? It's not a real problem but it's not like I'm gonna accidentally click a "Mark read" unless I want to.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Just tried to upload pic straight from my phone and it didn’t work, still say file too large.

B52B3B95-F590-4928-9863-7B43B38EB968.jpeg

But if I screenshot it and crop the pic it will work. Sorry for the random pic, tonights dinner btw 🤣

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
And one other thing I mentioned in a different thread before the update was the “solution” button at the bottom. Our Ford dealer forum has that, only the OP has the option to hit it, when there is a solution to the problem they hit the post that solves the problem and it links that post back to the original post, saves lots of digging through posts to find the answer. I know not all threads have one solution, but it may help in the service forum.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Have you tried navigating the site just using your phone's browser? How does the experience compare to Tapatalk?

Yes, older eyes and bifocals. The site is decent with the phone. But I have to enlarge the screen some to increase the text size. So then your having to move the screen back and forth to read it.

Ok yep, let's take a joint mission to make it easy for visitors to upload pictures from their mobile devices, should just work. I've tweaked some settings on my end. Can you see now if you are able to upload an image right from your phone? Let's see if we can eliminate this pre-resizing business members are needing to do.

No go.on the picture. File size is too big.

Ok good callout. I found myself making this mistake too a few times. Updated the top navigation to list "Articles" instead of "Home". Also removed the little house icon and just have the top navigation breadcrumb start with Forums. Let's see if this helps a bit.
Thanks for the adjustment to the button. 👍👍👍

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Is there a "Forum Jump" somewhere that enables one to go from Buying and Pricing straight to Fabrication for example?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Everything is working good at my end for me. Especially picture downloads (or uploads), whatever you call it. Even change my signature picture to something more representative of me...

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Just tried to upload pic straight from my phone and it didn’t work, still say file too large.

View attachment 44039

But if I screenshot it and crop the pic it will work. Sorry for the random pic, tonights dinner btw 🤣
I had 2 chili dogs left from last night. Been in the field all day and it was hot in the open station. I stink too...:D

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Ok, everything was working fine, (been logged in since the first log in) now I have been logged out after not being on all day.
Also, where did the "Mark Forums Read" feature/button go?