mystery solved....

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
When I get it back, for sure it'll be picture taking time and another trip to dealer....for some 'Orange' paint.
sigh, poor thing was outside all night, 1/2 naked........
[/QUOTE]

Home Hardware carry Kubota orange in both rattle cans as well as quarts and gallons at a fraction of the dealer price. They are over $50 for a spray can at the dealer.
I will have to check the welds on mine. I know that they didn't bother to remove the weld splatter before painting the loader.

Reactions: 1 user

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Looks like it cracked due to undercut on the bucket side creating a stress riser. Guessing that the bucket is made out of grade 50 steel which has a higher carbon content than mild steel. Preheating the thicker torque tube before welding would be the way I would weld it.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
100_4942.JPG

booboo repaired !!!
Neighbour fixed BOTH sides BEFORE I took SSQA frame over for 'aligning' the arms ! His work table is a 6 by 10 slab of steel 4" thick, precision ground flat and true. So as of noon, 'Humpty Dumpty' is back into service and NO 'extra' parts on the work bench. I'd thought I'd get it back Saturday afternoon so super happy now that I can go play......
He said it was a bad weld from the factory and since he has a wall full of welding 'tickets', I believe him.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
View attachment 108977
booboo repaired !!!
Neighbour fixed BOTH sides BEFORE I took SSQA frame over for 'aligning' the arms ! His work table is a 6 by 10 slab of steel 4" thick, precision ground flat and true. So as of noon, 'Humpty Dumpty' is back into service and NO 'extra' parts on the work bench. I'd thought I'd get it back Saturday afternoon so super happy now that I can go play......
He said it was a bad weld from the factory and since he has a wall full of welding 'tickets', I believe him.
Glad you got it fixed, certainly looks strong now! Don’t know if you already have paint, but I find the AC orange paint from tsc to be a better match than the Kubota one from them, but maybe that’s just my color perception.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Glad you got it fixed, certainly looks strong now! Don’t know if you already have paint, but I find the AC orange paint from tsc to be a better match than the Kubota one from them, but maybe that’s just my color perception.
I do not believe that there are any TSC stores in Ontario,...where the OP lives.

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Look nice, and fast turn around! I think for that color, and is small spaces the Chev. engine orange is near a perfect match.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Ah okay. I didn’t see that. Would Canadian tire be the equivalent, maybe they have something similar?
Home Hardware would be a more likely source for Kubota color paint in Canada.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
booboo repaired !!!
LOL. Somehow I kind of doubt that! Not the size but the thickness. A 4 inch slab of steel that size would weigh about 10,000 pounds! And really have no purpose probably. Road plate here is normally about 1 inch thick and it serves the purpose really well, even when large trucks drive over it.

Very happy for you that you got it fixed and apparently a really good job at that!

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
View attachment 108977
booboo repaired !!!
Looks good Jay!
(also, it looks like you came back from the past, having fixed it some ~16.5 yrs ago ;-)

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Henro It is at least 3 1/2", like a 2by4 on end,has 2 'T' slots lengthwise and yes it is really,really heavy, mounted on 8 adjustable steel piers. You NEED a very precise,stable table like that to do intricate stuff. Wished I'd seen the setup but when I installed the SSQA plate ,while on the table, the pins slid in smooothly, just like the factory. This shop makes a lot of 'interesting' machinery, is fully booked 5-6 years in advance.

Gave the beastie a good test this afternoon, moved 1/2 tandem load of dirt..everything works fine and NO leaks from the 'one lever valve' !

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
View attachment 108977
booboo repaired !!!

Very nice weld job!!!

I had a local auto parts store mix up some paint and it it a "spot on , dead nuts" perfect match.

Maybe a local place has the same brand or maybe be able to cross reference it,

20230810_162458.jpeg
20230810_162450.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
noticed the bucket tilted about 1/2" this morning.....
..this explains it. View attachment 108921
now I'll finally HAVE TO remove the loader after 5 years.
I assume the loader was made in the US. It's a shame that US manufacturing has fallen off so much, and that Kubota doesn't enforce quality at their suppliers.
Manufacturers hire untrained welders, stick a MIG gun in their hand and say have at it. They make beautiful welds that aren't worth 2¢.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
(also, it looks like you came back from the past, having fixed it some ~16.5 yrs ago ;-)

Hahaha...I always find it amazing how different people view/see/"catch on to" things differently.

I had to go back about 5 times to figure out what you were referring too.

Good catch! 🍻

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Hahaha...I always find it amazing how different people view/see/"catch on to" things differently.

I had to go back about 5 times to figure out what you were referring too.

Good catch! 🍻
My poor long suffering wife can't get through a simple murder mystery show with me.
I keep saying things like "did you see that?" then back up the recording and point something out to her
(f';rinstance, a shadowy figure walking past a window, a bloody knife, whatever) and sometimes it
ends up being the key to solving the crime.

In this instance, it was just me poking the tiniest bit of fun at my Canadian neighbour Jay and his classic digital camera that he never programmed the date back into when he changed out the AA batteries last time.
(BTDT)

BTW, he calls me the "ham" here and there. TRue, I am. both figuratively and literally.

I am glad you locked onto what I was about. ;-) heeh hee

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
The dang 'silly' digital camera EATS batteries. stupid that it remembers 'settings' but doesn't have a small 'super cap' to save 'date and time' for the 22 seconds it takes me to swap batteries.
used to fix computer CRT monitors. after an hour, they'd still have an 'impressive' charge on the tube ! hooked one up as a veggie garden fence 'zapper'...have no idea WHERE the critter went when he got ZAPPED......

btw ham is quicker to type

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I don't about the rest of you, but I'm a little concerned. A decent looking "original" factory weld had nearly no penetration on the one side. Scary, to think how much of an investment these quality Kubotas are, and crap welds may be hidden inside. Like a bit of caviar with a rat's turd inside.

I suspect this thread may be the first of many as this could crop up again. I hope not.

Hopefully it's just a one off and the rest of us orange - loader owners will be fine.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I hate to say it but I've seen it. They had some welding issues around that time. Not every one of them, but I did see a few. A few too many.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
I venture to say majority of mfgring plants in the USA invests more time and money trying to protect themselves from lawsuits involving OSHA,EPA and other violations of government mandates than they invest in quality control. For weld being discussed here I expect attempts to hold down harmful fumes and other welding by products compromised best procedures for strength and longevity. Less grinding and using low fume welding to name a couple.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I venture to say majority of mfgring plants in the USA invests more time and money trying to protect themselves from lawsuits involving OSHA,EPA and other violations of government mandates than they invest in quality control. For weld being discussed here I expect attempts to hold down harmful fumes and other welding by products compromised best procedures for strength and longevity. Less grinding and using low fume welding to name a couple.
I agree 100 percent.