MX5800 P0605 Code Help! **UPDATE**

tgarber22

Equipment
MX5200
Apr 22, 2021
Oregon
Dang I think I've just experienced the same thing. Dead battery. Replaced and P0605 error that won't stay cleared and I can't start the tractor. Tried to jump it as well so maybe that could be a culprit. Very information read. What other options do I have besides unplugging can connectors

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I still can’t believe they did this :poop: to off-road ag equipment 🤬
Actually, it started showing up on larger Ag equipment in approx the mid-1990s, about the same time as the US auto industry began to use it.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
well the old ECU is YOURS ! be sure to get it back..... odds are replacing the CANbus interface chip ($1) could get it 'up and running'.Anyone with SMT R&R can do that.

sadly ,less than $10 worth of 'electronics' could have protected the ECU from being 'fried'.

Was taught to design 'controllers' as if they were satellites..you have ONE shot to design right,then they're in orbit, forever and no service guy ( BTW this was preShuttle days.....) I never 'lost' any of my remote energy panels,some 15 miles away on 'direct wires', even when nearby lightning bolts took out computer, terminals, etc. so I KNOW it can be prevented.

tgarber22

Equipment
MX5200
Apr 22, 2021
Oregon
Just got it back from taking the tractor to the dealer. They put in "known good" ECU and still read the code. He did some quick checks on the pin-outs, more than discussed in the WSM, and said one of them was not getting power. I opted to leave it on the trailer and take it back home and work on tracing it down. He suggested replacing the wiring harness, but I'd like to find the issue on my own time first before I do that. He said the power wasn't coming through here, but I'm not sure what pins are supposed to get power and which aren't. Anyone know that answer? Haven't found it in the WSM yet

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Just got it back from taking the tractor to the dealer. They put in "known good" ECU and still read the code. He did some quick checks on the pin-outs, more than discussed in the WSM, and said one of them was not getting power. I opted to leave it on the trailer and take it back home and work on tracing it down. He suggested replacing the wiring harness, but I'd like to find the issue on my own time first before I do that. He said the power wasn't coming through here, but I'm not sure what pins are supposed to get power and which aren't. Anyone know that answer? Haven't found it in the WSM yet
Based on what you have highlighted in RED, the only "power" coming in on any of those pins is (-) Ground , not (+) positive, the rest of the pins are outputs.
So look at the ground connections.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
if P0605 really means 'flash rom cpu abnormality'.....
brings up LOTS of questions....
1) does this ECU control the display, that shows you the error code ?
2) if not HOW does the 'error code' get transmitted from ECU to the display ?

If #1 is true, then the 'known good' ECU would have 'cleared' the error code< well, actually it would not be IN the ECU,so can't be displayed.
Also if #1 is true , then power ( +12 and gnd ) are good as ECU IS functional..it's displaying information.

Since the 'known good ECU' gave the EXACT same code, it's NOT the $$$ ECU, but the error code 'suggests' it IS an 'internal' problem INSIDE the ECU, making it 'bad', but the 'known good ECU' says the same thing....so it must be 'bad' but it's a 'known good ECU'.......arrrrrgh.

Sadly ONLY the original programmer KNOWS why that P0605 came up.