LX2972???? Front Mount K Connect snow Blade???

Victor Machine Works

Equipment
LX2610, LA535, Lx2963, Homestead 55" Grapple, LandPride RB1672, Howard HR30
Dec 17, 2023
Maine
Just a quick question, Has anybody ever come across one of these blades?, Does Kubota still make them?, I cant find much info on them let alone find one for sale at a reasonable price. One website has one listed for $4300!!!, That seem absolutely insane to me considering my rear blade with hydraulic angle kit was under $1500. I think that I would be vary interested in one, seems like a no brainer if you already have a K connect to have one of these as a second option but not at $4300??........ I guess that that was a few questions but this one has me biffled? kubota plow.jpg

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
'for sale' price(MSRP) has nothing to do with reality.... kind of a 'supply and demand' deal. Someone has the supply and they demand a price. Clever folks MAKE their own , or repurpose other stuff. others have to 'pay the piper'.
That snow blade might be listed under 'RTV /ATV' section of products ??
What baffles me is why a manufacturer doesn't have logical model numbers ? Seems Kubota have BOTH a tractor and a blower with essentially the SAME model code.
oh well, make life interesting... especially when you need a part !

Victor Machine Works

Equipment
LX2610, LA535, Lx2963, Homestead 55" Grapple, LandPride RB1672, Howard HR30
Dec 17, 2023
Maine
'for sale' price(MSRP) has nothing to do with reality.... kind of a 'supply and demand' deal. Someone has the supply and they demand a price. Clever folks MAKE their own , or repurpose other stuff. others have to 'pay the piper'.
That snow blade might be listed under 'RTV /ATV' section of products ??
What baffles me is why a manufacturer doesn't have logical model numbers ? Seems Kubota have BOTH a tractor and a blower with essentially the SAME model code.
oh well, make life interesting... especially when you need a part !
I have thought about building my own blade mount for the K connect but there is some weird geometry in it, (compound angles and such), defiantly doable just not sure i want to tackle it. Do they use the K connect on there UTV's? I hadn't considered looking there.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I bought mine a couple of years ago and it was barely used. I just sold my 5' SSQA blade on Facebook Marketplace for $1900, because I only used it once or twice for an early or very late snowfall after the snowblower was removed. It shouldn't be that difficult to make one yourself if you buy a blade from a truck snowplow and then purchase the K connect hardware, which isn't inexpensive, but is available in parts. If you need a blade, I have some 8' NOS blades from the 1970s that never were sold when I closed my truck equipment business. If I were going to build my own, I would start with a Meyers blade since they aren't that heavy a blade if you had a BX tractor. Since you have an L series tractor, you can use some of the heavier blades that are available out there.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I assume you have the K-connect snowblower , so you already have a good 'template' for the weird and funky angles. I usually make a 'pattern' out of wood, say 1/4" ply for 1/4" steel plate. Easier to cut and trim as required', THEN make from steel...cut once, weld once, it fits !!!

scroll down to check various plow....

Reactions: 1 user

icspots

Equipment
BX2380 LA344 Loader MMM
May 10, 2023
Mid-Atlantic
Just a quick question, Has anybody ever come across one of these blades?, Does Kubota still make them?, I cant find much info on them let alone find one for sale at a reasonable price. One website has one listed for $4300!!!, That seem absolutely insane to me considering my rear blade with hydraulic angle kit was under $1500. I think that I would be vary interested in one, seems like a no brainer if you already have a K connect to have one of these as a second option but not at $4300??........ I guess that that was a few questions but this one has me biffled? View attachment 118218
far as I know they still make them. That’s the style blade that should have gone onto my ~2020 BX, but I bought a used one from the prior model BX.
There was one posted with the full assembly and K connect on here in October for $1,700. It went fast. I got my older one for the same price. Had to get a couple of bits online, and change the connectors but it works fine. Would’ve been nice to have the newer style since I can’t have the loader on with the subframe attached with the older style.

$4,300 is super pricey. Don’t be surprised that niche attachments designed for specific machines have higher costs than a relatively generic 3pt attachment rear blade that can be used across pretty much anything.