Like OTT?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I know we have been experiencing threads running in the wrong direction according to OTT rules, recently, for whatever reason. Yes, I hesitate to even intricate a reason! LOL

BUT I think we can all agree this is a really great forum for Kubota owners.

How about it guys?

Three Cheers for OTT! And for all the helpful people here as well!

Reactions: 19 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Yup, well said!
Thanks folks!

Reactions: 1 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
If I didn't enjoy it and the people on the forum, I wouldn't spend time posting on it. It is a great place to learn more about Kubota and how people have used their equipment.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Is seems as if you are attempting to "stir the pot" Henro. Is this because there is no Steelers game today?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Dunno if the pot is what Henro is stirring, but stirring he is. Usually flies involved with what he's stirring.

OTT is certainly more open than FacePlant or Twithead. It also offers private discussion means where two people can explore a difference or similar belief, or as many as one wants to invite, and keeps the discussion out of the public forums. If you want to allow public (free) access as OTT does, there's got to be some control on 'open' forum to maintain a certain décor and not scare off possible new clientele, especially if that lifetime membership contribution is expected.

Bottom line, if I don't like it, or if it takes a turn in a direction I don't want to go in, I forfeit my membership and go elsewhere. It ain't the only tractor club. I liked it enough quick enough to pay the lifetime membership. It's up to me to determine when that expires, isn't it?

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Is seems as if you are attempting to "stir the pot" Henro. Is this because there is no Steelers game today?
No, actually, was just curious if a positive and heatfelt post would shift negative, regardless of how positive it might be.

I guess that could possibly be considered stirring the pot come to think about it...I will have to go back and read the post again.

But I stand by the original post...and cannot see how anyone would want to take exception to it.

I think the "You guys killed another thread" post would be more of a "stirring the pot" type post...perhaps that is just me... I personally have no problem with the "You guys..." thread. :)

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Well obviously only positive posts are allowed. That is just another example of why censorship is bad. You don't get the whole story.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
I like the forum and visit it a couple of times a day.

I like the oil discussions, mods, gardens, and especially like the what is cooking thread.

I chose to rarely comment on threads about politics, I come here for the above mentioned and to gain knowledge about Kubota related equipment.

It is the only site I am a member of and only have one more site I visit once in a while.

Lot of knowledge here and I have picked up some very useful knowledge along the way. If not for this site I probably would have never tried Amsoil grease or oil, now both are my favorite to use.

I built my carry all after a post I saw, took ideas from several pics and built one to suit my needs.

Overall in my opinion a great site.

Have a great day OTT!
Jay

Reactions: 3 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
No, actually, was just curious if a positive and heatfelt post would shift negative, regardless of how positive it might be.

I guess that could possibly be considered stirring the pot come to think about it...I will have to go back and read the post again.

But I stand by the original post...and cannot see how anyone would want to take exception to it.

I think the "You guys killed another thread" post would be more of a "stirring the pot" type post...perhaps that is just me... I personally have no problem with the "You guys..." thread. :)
The words you posted (I put in bold black) simply state you were "stirring the pot", wanting to know if an idea would shift negative.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
The words you posted (I put in bold black) simply state you were "stirring the pot", wanting to know if an idea would shift negative.
Bit of a stretch to claim that. That was stated in response to a later post, and not part of the original post.

I guess is it human nature for some people to find or imagine something negative in any post.

My curiosity is satisfied, However I do agree there was a bit of a challenge included at the beginning of the original post. But only to those who want to find negatives in things…

Fact remains that OTT is a great place!

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I think we can all agree this is a really great forum for Kubota owners.
I guess maybe I’m a simpleton but not sure what pot that would be stirring here. If someone doesn’t agree with that I don’t know why they’d be reading this or anything else on OTT. I expect anyone who disagrees wouldn’t be here.

Yes, I like OTT. I don’t think classic internet slap fights or straight up trolling should be allowed but I do like that impassioned debates that stay on an adult (or sometimes pseudo-adult) level are allowed. I don’t like forums that are moderated like everyone is in Mr. Rogers’s kindergarten class.

I like the variety of noobs to experts in operating, repair, and fabrication. Have found few, if any, who post bs with authority.

I like the sharing of projects and methods that we’ve been able to use to improve the ease and efficiency of our operations. OTT was a significant part of the research prior to purchase of the L and some implements. Other than a couple of implements I’ve been too cheap to buy yet, I don’t think we could have found a better fit for our needs and OTT was a big part of getting that right.

OTT was, and is, instrumental in learning how to properly operate and maintain a Tier 4 HST with a modern hydraulic system. Not long ago, I was lifting a felled tree to skid with the three point, it hung up half way up and threw the system into relief without my noticing until I tried to move the loader at which point I noticed the sound of the relief. If I hadn’t read about that here I would have almost certainly thought there was a serious problem, wasted time chasing it down, and worried about the long term implications even if I lucked up and got it working. I had read about that exact scenario here so I immediately looked back at the 3 point, saw what the problem was, dropped the lift 2”, all went back to normal and a potentially time consuming worrisome research project was over in about 5 seconds. Thanks OTT!

Last edited:

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Seems simple to me:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If the original post would have read: " This is a really great forum for Kubota owners.

Three Cheers for OTT! And for all the helpful people here as well!"

the thread would have a different flavor. Words and wording make a huge difference.

Springer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680 LA344S EA 55" Grapple, Stump Bucket 48 Box grader, Disc Harrow
Jul 21, 2021
Tiger, GA
In a way, I have a tractor BECAUSE of politics. I have to be pretty discipline to keep that out of my posts.
We live where we live, on top of a hill that we own, on 18 acres away from everything. The nearest town is about 4 miles. No traffic lights and had a population of 411 until we moved here. I guess we made it 413, but we are not in town.
I'm in the top of NE Ga.
We are preppers. Some would call us pretty serious preppers in that we could probably live off grid forever. We spend much of our time getting "more prepped". Much of our "prepping" involves getting this homestead the way we wanted it and therein lies the need for a tractor.
I'm retired military but still run a successful business from our home. I do try to keep my politics segregated from my other interests but it does slip through.
When the wife saw I joined the site, she thought it had something to do with Trump. Orange man thing. LOL
I do think that Off Topic should be just that but I will obey the rules. I do like OTT.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
This place is like that bar, Cheers everybody know everybody and is like one big dysfunctional family. Yep yous guy put FUN in dysfunctional :)