Let'm die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I understand the statement but it's a bit different from the inside looking out. Doesn't seem overwhelming unless the 75-80 age group is the group that you are in.
This chart is from last October before vaccinations were readily available. It would be interesting to see a similar chart for the current situation, since a high percentage of the elderly are now vaccinated.

5239EBB4-BF97-4F57-9D6E-09DD8A06E289.jpeg

Porcupine

Equipment
L2501
Jun 15, 2021
NC
I understand the statement but it's a bit different from the inside looking out. Doesn't seem overwhelming unless the 75-80 age group is the group that you are in.
This illustrated the bass ackward thinking and policy that this circus has demonstrated from day one.

In any responsible or sane response we would quarantine the ill, shelter the “at risk“ population, and prioritize the elderly and greatest risk pool for treatment/prevention.

None of which they did effectively. Admittedly they did give a priority based on age for a time, but other than that, no logic or science applied at all.

Instead they laid waste to the economy, accumulated staggering debt, sent suicide and mental health issues through the roof, caused essential and time sensitive medical procedures/treatments to be deferred for millions-often with catastrophic outcomes.

They’ve scuttled the prospects for business to get back on track due to the “free” money they’re giving out to those who won’t work while employers are forced to cut back production for lack of employees.

They said 14 days to keep from overwhelming the hospitals-then it was just until they have a vaccine. Where is the goalpost now?

I understand your concern, but we all have our concerns.

It’s reasonable for you to get vaccinated, and to take personal precautions you deem appropriate. It is not reasonable to demand the rest of the nation, or the world upend society to satisfy your (or my) concerns as valid as they may or may not be.

Reactions: 2 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Of course, the older people who died last year don’t have any exposure chance. I think that would mean that most of the people who were going to die from it died last year under the rules that sent Covid positive cases to nursing homes. As far as we know, people who’ve had Covid have little chance to get it again as well.

Not any luck finding an equivalent chart for cases although the case number is probably suspect since everyone isn’t being constantly tested. There are probably a lot more people who’ve had asymptomic Covid who aren’t counted in test cases.

Also, a lot of people didn’t have a need to find out whether their Covid like symptoms were really Covid or not. Part of that is avoiding places with sick people and part of it is that the care ie rest/fluids/inhaler/etc was like any other respiratory illness with the exception of some new treatments. Since most people recovered without the new treatments, they didn’t have a need to seek care/test which would likely mean the death rate as a percentage is even smaller if we knew how many people have the antibodies now/had Covid.

6E9F7FED-2DEE-4FD8-99CE-B976DAB5681A.jpeg

Porcupine

Equipment
L2501
Jun 15, 2021
NC
Of course, the older people who died last year don’t have any exposure chance. I think that would mean that most of the people who were going to die from it died last year under the rules that sent Covid positive cases to nursing homes. As far as we know, people who’ve had Covid have little chance to get it again as well.

Not any luck finding an equivalent chart for cases although the case number is probably suspect since everyone isn’t being constantly tested. There are probably a lot more people who’ve had asymptomic Covid who aren’t counted in test cases.

Also, a lot of people didn’t have a need to find out whether their Covid like symptoms were really Covid or not. Part of that is avoiding places with sick people and part of it is that the care ie rest/fluids/inhaler/etc was like any other respiratory illness with the exception of some new treatments. Since most people recovered without the new treatments, they didn’t have a need to seek care/test which would likely mean the death rate as a percentage is even smaller if we knew how many people have the antibodies now/had Covid.

View attachment 63940
The irony being-We could accurately and easily sample for antibodies, yet strangely there seems to be little to no enthusiasm to do so.

Reactions: 1 user

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Strangely enough I personally knew 5 people that have died that had Covid. One was in her 80's and the other 4 were in their 50's. They were my children's classmates. I also have a couple of close friends that have recovered that were given no chance of surviving.

• Sad

Porcupine

Equipment
L2501
Jun 15, 2021
NC
Strangely enough I personally knew 5 people that have died that had Covid. One was in her 80's and the other 4 were in their 50's. They were my children's classmates. I also have a couple of close friends that have recovered that were given no chance of surviving.
It is a strange thing.

I knew several people who died with CoViD. Sadly they were each were well on their way before they contracted it.

I know at least a dozen people that tested positive and never became significantly ill

I know quite a few that had significant comorbidities (cancer-on chemo/late 60s with athsma, and a few others) that shrugged it off almost like it never happened.

I know a young healthy guy that would have been the last one you’d pick to get sick end up in the hospital. Interestingly enough the Dr. suggested his (tested) very low vitamin D level was likely a significant contributor.

I’m not making light of it, but I adamantly maintain we responded in the least effective and most destructive manner I can imagine,

Reactions: 1 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
If the people dying, being paralyzed, getting strokes etc. were allowed to sue the drug companies for the vaccine they were given, the vaccinations WOULD STOP IMMEDIATELY.

These "vaccines" will NEVER be approved. Simple fact. Way too many problems in way too many areas of the body for them to ever be approved. They are collecting billions while being protected by lawsuits during the "Emergency Use". As soon as the emergency authorization ends, the vaccinations will stop (to the hour/day).

Porcupine

Equipment
L2501
Jun 15, 2021
NC
If the people dying, being paralyzed, getting strokes etc. were allowed to sue the drug companies for the vaccine they were given, the vaccinations WOULD STOP IMMEDIATELY.

These "vaccines" will NEVER be approved. Simple fact. Way too many problems in way too many areas of the body for them to ever be approved. They are collecting billions while being protected by lawsuits during the "Emergency Use". As soon as the emergency authorization ends, the vaccinations will stop (to the hour/day).
I’d like to think so, but I suspect it will go more along the lines of:

Biden Administration: “You need to approve this “vaccine” now.”

FDA: “That’s a bad idea-there appear to be concerns as to it’s safety, and we have no long term data on it’s effectiveness, side effect and contraindications.”

Biden Administration: “I couldn’t hear you, did you just say you want a 40% funding cut next fiscal year?”

FDA: “Here is that approval letter you requested Sir! Is there anything else I can do for your administration?”

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
That would be an interesting data point.
Can't compare BS to facts. PCR tests never worked, never did. Any death for any cause was covid, hospitals got more $,$$$.00 to report it as covid.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I’m not generally into betting, but if I were, that is a bet I would take. My bet would be the approval will come before the end of the year.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I’m not making light of it, but I adamantly maintain we responded in the least effective and most destructive manner I can imagine,
Curious what you feel the most effective response would have been.

More restriction? less restrictions? And/or? I kind of doubt we would be able to execute the kind of response that other countries like the U.K., New Zealand and others did.

Or would it have been better just to ignore the issue except for offering vaccinations and taking our lumps? Myself, I do not know.

I certainly agree paying people more on unemployment than they earned working is absolutely nuts.

AND I am not a landlord, but forcing landlords to let people keep living in the rented space, under the illusion that they will pay the back rent later, while the property owner still has to pay property taxes and maintenance costs, is unfair too. There are many “mom and pop” type landloards.

Porcupine

Equipment
L2501
Jun 15, 2021
NC
Can't compare BS to facts. PCR tests never worked, never did. Any death for any cause was covid, hospitals got more $,$$$.00 to report it as covid.
Even the inventor of the PCR test stated it’s not a suitable tool for diagnosis of a specific type of infection.

Unfortunately you’re also correct in that they have so thoroughly polluted the data, that we’ll never know with any confidence.

The good news is though-NOBODY got the Flu last year. Yay for us!

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Why would aliens invade earth, with all of the space weapons in orbit, aimed at ourselves? That should scare off intelligent lifeforms.
It‘s obvious they want our water. They want to empty our oceans and cart off what is considered liquid gold to the advanced species of the universe. It’s all about profit.

I thought this was a well known fact! Man, what reality am I living in? 🤣

• Haha

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Even the inventor of the PCR test stated it’s not a suitable tool for diagnosis of a specific type of infection.
But wasn’t that specific type of infection the flu? Are you sure that implying the PCR test does not diagnose corona viruses is correct?

A reference would be helpful to those interested...

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Porcupine-

You obviously have some significant expertise regarding virology and epidemiology.

Henro asked how a response could/should have been. Your response centered on PCR, which I certainly understand.

I used to be involved in communicable disease control many years ago. My understanding of the issues are probably better than the average bear, but that was a long time ago.

I’m curious how you think the response should have gone?

Trust me, the question is not in an adversarial nor derogatory tone in any way. Will not be a point/counterpoint dialogue from me. Just genuine curiosity.

I hear of the response issues so often, but oftentimes without details. I do business with an MD with similar opinion, yet no detail. You seem to have some informed hypotheses how things should have gone.

I’m in New York, which some (especially the Governor) hold out as the example of COVID control, yet the nursing home deaths have been questioned.

Trust me, my governor and I don’t exchange Christmas cards….

Thanks.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 47704

Unfortunately you’re also correct in that they have so thoroughly polluted the data, that we’ll never know with any confidence.

The good news is though-NOBODY got the Flu last year. Yay for us!
My boss says covid is the best thing ever, it cured heart disease, cancer etc, no one died from those illnesses last year.

Reactions: 2 users

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
My boss says covid is the best thing ever, it cured heart disease, cancer etc, no one died from those illnesses last year.
Frankly, that is like saying that a bullet to the head cures various diseases.

It it certainly would prevent something later from causing death...but it would cure nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.