Left-handed

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I was thinking about this the other day but tractors are made for right handers. The shift lever, the rear remote controls, the 3-point control are all on the right. We all get used to what we have but it sure would be weird to have to use my left hand for those things.

I grew up in a country where I learned to drive on the left side of the road with the steering wheel on the right, so it was odd for me initially to have to shift with my right hand when I moved to the US. When I visit family it takes all but a few minutes to switch back.

Heehaw

Equipment
MX5400hst Kubota Z726X
Oct 4, 2022
Michigan
Even chainsaws can cause issues for some lefties.

While it's been years, recall a friend using a chainsaw with hands reversed on the saw.

He was a decent novice and very dominate lefty like me. Think he was running a Stihl 044 blocking firewood. Great saw in the era.

Looked friggin weird, and told him that ain't right. You're gonna eat that bar sometime if you get a kickback. He'd done it for decades.

I couldn't figure how he ran a saw before automatic oil pumps.

He couldn't fathom running it the "right" way......he passed years later at 80 without a chainsaw Knick on him. Worked for him. ;)
Not only am I left handed I also have no feeling in my thumb and index finger on my on right hand so it makes it hard to run my chainsaws the “right” way.
Every once in a while I’ll try to run them the “right” way but after a couple of minutes I go back to holding the saw with my right hand and run the throttle with my left.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I got electronic calipers for left hand.

Extra large screen is a bonus for old lefties…. ;)

Seem pretty decent, and came with 3 batteries…. also precise enough for anything I need.

IMG_6835.jpeg

IMG_6836.jpeg