L3800 pump turn up help

topgunrzr

Aug 3, 2011
Pittsburgh
:mad: well hello to every one !! Well i got a New Gr2110 to mow the grass with an i turn her up with no problems Smokes like my old 12v know. An for those that dont no how to do this. Just about every kubota pump is the same But the L3800. But any way if your looking at the pump. there is a round say about a 2 inch long pice of metal that is covering a jam nut. just take a screw driver a prie her off. then there is a jam nut an a stud. now the stud has a rounded nut on the end of it take that off all that dose is hold that tamper pruff pice of s>>>> on . then you can back off the jam nut an turn out the rack stop screw... Now i got a new L3800 i did this to an i got no change what so every i don't why ???? dose any one no any thing about this 1.862 motor that is what she has on the side of the block an also the is another ajustment on the rear of the pump turds the bell housing at the top of the pump an that has a nut with a jam nut also i think that is for the gov?? played with it alittel when u back the set screw out the idle sounds like a put a cam in her. i put it back to stock. it had a temper pruff cap on it as well.. Any help would Be great thanks

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
:mad: well hello to every one !! Well i got a New Gr2110 to mow the grass with an i turn her up with no problems Smokes like my old 12v know. An for those that dont no how to do this. Just about every kubota pump is the same But the L3800. But any way if your looking at the pump. there is a round say about a 2 inch long pice of metal that is covering a jam nut. just take a screw driver a prie her off. then there is a jam nut an a stud. now the stud has a rounded nut on the end of it take that off all that dose is hold that tamper pruff pice of s>>>> on . then you can back off the jam nut an turn out the rack stop screw... Now i got a new L3800 i did this to an i got no change what so every i don't why ???? dose any one no any thing about this 1.862 motor that is what she has on the side of the block an also the is another ajustment on the rear of the pump turds the bell housing at the top of the pump an that has a nut with a jam nut also i think that is for the gov?? played with it alittel when u back the set screw out the idle sounds like a put a cam in her. i put it back to stock. it had a temper pruff cap on it as well.. Any help would Be great thanks
The last adjustment you are referring to is an idle adjustment. It helps to take out any governor hunting. The maximum fuel adjustment is on the front of the pump and controls the maximum fuel delivery. By backing it out you will increase the fuel by allowing the fuel rack to travel farther. There is not a lot of room for improvement with these engines but if smoke is what you are after you can back it out about 3 turns and enjoy the smog.:D

topgunrzr

Aug 3, 2011
Pittsburgh
see thats just it i did the same to my gr2110 an she smokes like crazy under load. I did the same to the l3800 an no change in smoke or any thing ? I even took the max fuel screw all the way out an fliped the jam nut around soo i could back the max screw out all the way an locked her down an tryed that still no more smoke then it was stock. thanks for the help.

tim0477

Jul 15, 2010
PA
OK, stupid question time. Why do you want it to smoke? When you get that black smoke, all you are doing is injecting more fuel into the cylinder than you have oxygen available to burn leading to incomplete combustion. I am no diesel expert by any stretch of the imagination, but that seems to be just a waste of fuel to me. Correct me if I am wrong. If you just have to turn that adjustment out, I would go to the point where you just begin to see hints of black smoke under heavy load and stop there.

Tim

topgunrzr

Aug 3, 2011
Pittsburgh
Got a t3/t4 turbo with a 40 trim with a inter cooler under the hood just need more fule . wire tie the gov wight's in the pump lol shes a screamer f... this dumm lil max screw its out by the way. Im gonna get the pump flow benched an do her the right way with bigger dv /lines an nozzles get her dunnnn!!! what a way to finishes mow your yard / brush hog the field ... just bought the tractor to play with i got way bigger shit than this lil thing lol

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Alot of the problem with getting any smoke out of a diesel now is this sorry fuel we have now. I had some of the old 2000 ppm high sulfer fuel and my 9000 would puff a nice little stream of black smoke under a load. Now on this new fuel it's hard to even see smoke no matter how hard of a pull I put it in.