L3560 opinions/thoughts

NateRM

Equipment
L3010
May 14, 2015
butler pa
I'm looking at a L3560 with the La805 loader, 3rd function, mid mount pto, 1 set of rear remotes and Bh92 backhoe with hydraulic thumb. No one around me has any 60 series for me to look at. It'll be at least a 2 hour drive to look at one so I was looking for opinions.
My main reason for going with the 3560 over the 3901 is the extra loader capacity and the intergraded loader valve. From the pictures the loader control stick looks kinda high compared to the arm rest, what's anyone thoughts on it? Is it comfortable? Does it get in the way at all when doing things with the loader off? Also is the control stick connected directly to the valve Or does it have some kinda cable setup running to the valve like the woods loader on my 3010? (Which just broke 7500 hours on the original motor not to long ago***128563;)Any other pros or cons you can think of?

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
I'm biased and ignorant of anything BUT an L3560 since this is my first Kubota (4 hours old as of today!) and all prior tractor experience has been on a 1960 Ford 4000 and a 1952 Massey!
That being said the loader control is easy to use, seems high but isn't, easily locks so close bushhogging to trees doesn't bother it, and is a joy to work with. I was looking at a 3301 initially and the 3560 was an easy "jump" to go to. So far there's nothing I would change and I'm truly happy with my decision both to go Orange and for the L3560.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I have had my 3560 for almost 3 years, and love it. The loader valve is a comfortable height. The advantages of the 60 series are numerous and include the type of HST which is quieter, and the Intellipanel which gives information about the dpf filter and helps with regens. The fuel fill is at ground level. I now also have a B2650, and if they made a small tractor with the 60 series features I'd have chosen that. Stuff on the frame is sturdier. It is worth your while to go somewhere and try out both.

I think if you want a mid pto you'll have to get a 3560, don't think you can get them on the 01 Ls. And you may have to special order it, mine doesn't have one. I am not sure about the cable, I think so, but I'll have to look.

Last edited:

NateRM

Equipment
L3010
May 14, 2015
butler pa
Yea I like the bigger frame and more weight in the 60 series. Not a fan of the cables if it does have that for the loader control though. I'm going geared so the advantages of the hst aren't there for me but I do like the panel from what I've read and seen in pictures. I'm going to try to go look at one in the next few weeks here. Thanks for the info so far

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I've had my L3560HSTC for just over 3 yrs. The only thing I don't like is the DPF filter/ regen. But that is unavoidable. I would have gone for the L4060, but the height wouldn't fit in my barn. I love my BH92 and had remotes put on front and rear for the snowplow blade in front and grader blade with power angle in the rear. I went with turf tires and use chains on the rear for the snow. The best thing is the heat in the winter and the AC in the summer. My 1,000 ft. gravel driveway is a long cold job in the winter, but with the cab, I almost enjoy the snow removal.

Attachments

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
I'll get you some Intellipanel pics if you wish - any excuse to go to the farm (15 minutes from home) is good for me!

NateRM

Equipment
L3010
May 14, 2015
butler pa
Jajiu I'm not real thrilled about the dpf ether, had it on my truck for awhile then it went on a diet. I've been considering an older 40 series to get away from it. That funny you should mention turf tires, dad and I was talking today and I think I'm going turf with chains also for winter time. It works great on his bx. Dads driveway is 400ft and mine is just over 3200ft, a cab would sure be nice but wouldn't work well for doing firewood and other things in the tight woods trails. I see kubota got rid of the 20% down 0% for 84 months, I may be waiting a bit longer and see if they bring that back.

Jryser sure if your around I wouldn't mind some pics but don't make a special trip.

Anyone confirm that the loader control stick uses cables to the valve?

And one more question, how long has anyone wanted on a quote from barlows?

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I have been trying to get pictures with the plow and chains but having difficulty posting them. I can find them, but they are not in my standard pictures file.
[/IMG][/IMG] I guess it didn't work, I need help to get pictures from one place to another. I'm not that computer literate, I do OK, but still have problems doing some things.

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Jryser and Nate if you are new to a 3560 you might find the pdf in this thread, post 1, useful in getting used to the dpf system.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28108

The manual is a little confusing, and sometimes the intro by the salesman is a little brief. The regens are really a non issue on the 3560. Mine regens about every 30 hrs depending on what I am doing with it. I have the hypothesis that it is less frequent on the HSTs, and more often if one is going forward and backwards a lot as with loader work, or changing gears a lot. So far so good with this model, and a couple more years under warranty.

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
I got one this last spring. As others said... no problem with the loader controls. In fact, the controls are much easier to control motion than the B2320HSD that I had. Control is a lot smoother and easier to use. The throttle up button on the control is also handy. As far as capability goes, the extra 1100 pounds of the cab version over the L3901 is very useful for loader work and a whole slew of other operations. That weight difference is probably the biggest benifit.

I also like the 6 speed ranges the L3560HST has. You have the standard L-M-H ranges, plus the hi and low selector in each of those ranges. It does come in handy.

I was not real interested in the inteli-panel, but I have come to really like it. You always know when a regen is coming because it displays the % DPF blockage. So you can plan accordingly. It provides maintenance reminders. Recently I got a P2414 code... the nice thing is it displays the code so I could call the dealer to find out what it means and what do about it. I don't know if the 3901 will display the code numbers, but that is handy.

I like mine.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
Looks like it has metal rods going from the FEL control arm down thru the fender and then to wherever they go.
The FEL joystick looks high but is very comfortable to use. I am on the short side and it still works well.
The button on the FEL joystick that allows you to rev up the engine is really nice for FEL work.
The arm rest are a bit low for me to be comfortable with using them.
Anti stall and cruise control setting on it works well for mowing also but mine is a HST so not sure how that will work with your gear setup.
The DPF is almost a non issue for anything i have done.
I have done a lot of box blade, brush hogging and stump bucket, grapple work with mine. Some disc and bottom plow work. Real happy with it so far.
No back hoe experience with one personally.
One year old and about 380 hours on my L3560 HST with 805 FEL and no cab.

NateRM

Equipment
L3010
May 14, 2015
butler pa
Sorry was away from civilization for a week. I got my price from barlows and I'm pretty happy with it, going to shop a few local dealers just to compare and I need to go see one in person yet. I like what I'm hearing from you guys so far.

Anyone have the kubota factory 3rd function? Is it true 3rd fiction or a diverter? Any pictures of the button on the loader controller? does the valve that comes with the kit stick out down by where the loader attaches?

Another question, on rear remotes. I'm going to do top and tilt, for box blade and rear blade. I was going to do 2 dent valves and 1 float. The factory options are kinda expensive, go factory or put togather my own?

Bayoudude

May 24, 2017
Houma LA
I just had a landpride sgc1072 grapple installed on my L4701. The valve that came with my kit is a true third function with the button operating the open/closing of the grapple lid.

NateRM

Equipment
L3010
May 14, 2015
butler pa
I take it that is the factory 3rd function kit you had installed? In the picture I see the hoses going to what looks like a valve, is that the 3rd function? Sorry for all the questions, I have lots of woods and I don't like anything sticking out. I'm real prone to breaking stuff according to my dad lol

I just had a landpride sgc1072 grapple installed on my L4701. The valve that came with my kit is a true third function with the button operating the open/closing of the grapple lid.

NateRM

Equipment
L3010
May 14, 2015
butler pa
Thanks redland for looking into that for me, I didn't think they use a cable system on something like that. I've had a number of issues with the cables on my woods loader, granted it 10 years old but this tractor is my lifetime tractor
So I wanted i looking to minimize issues down the road

Looks like it has metal rods going from the FEL control arm down thru the fender and then to wherever they go.
The FEL joystick looks high but is very comfortable to use. I am on the short side and it still works well.
The button on the FEL joystick that allows you to rev up the engine is really nice for FEL work.
The arm rest are a bit low for me to be comfortable with using them.
Anti stall and cruise control setting on it works well for mowing also but mine is a HST so not sure how that will work with your gear setup.
The DPF is almost a non issue for anything i have done.
I have done a lot of box blade, brush hogging and stump bucket, grapple work with mine. Some disc and bottom plow work. Real happy with it so far.
No back hoe experience with one personally.
One year old and about 380 hours on my L3560 HST with 805 FEL and no cab.

Technical Ted

Equipment
L3560/cab LA805 loader LandPride RCF2060 rotary cutter, HLA hyd angle snow blade
Jul 2, 2016
Dansville NY
Have had my L3560 w/cab for a year now and still love it! No problems with the re-gens; so far anyways...

Very heavy tractor compared to the older Fords I had before this one and the tires dig into my yard when the ground is wet... but I don't have to worry about getting stuck plowing snow!

Ted

NateRM

Equipment
L3010
May 14, 2015
butler pa
Thank you, I've been dealing on a L3560 but I still haven't gotten to go see one yet. Going to try next week, not many dealers seam to stock the 60 series around me

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I knew if I looked and played with this damned computer I'd find what I was looking for. The chains really help with the steep hill I have and the 1000' gravel driveway.

Attachments

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Nate you mentioned not liking the idea of hoses sticking out because of your woods. The hydraulics in the picture are the regular loader hoses and connectors. But you also have in the same area the fill for the fuel tank. I initially found out about the 3560s because I was looking online and someone was complaining they were sure that the right side fuel fill was a terrible idea. I went to look because it makes it easy to fuel up, no ladder required. You would have to take out the hydraulics and a rear wheel before hitting the fuel fill. They are both right where you are sitting so you'd really have to be blind and making a sharp right turn to hit them. The hoses on my B2650 are routed inside the loader arms and they rub on the arm and on the screen around the engine compartment, and so I'd rather have the arrangement on the 3560. But do arrange to drive a 3560 so you aren't disappointed when you see it.