L3010 w/ LA482 loadere..... Sticky Joy stick

camonica

Apr 21, 2010
Columbus, OH
Folks.... I'm picking up a second hand 3010 w/LA482 loader. The loader joystick seams to be sticky and does not opperate as designed. Example.. At times the bucket will raise normally until 3/4 the way up then slow tremendiously. A couple on/offs with the joystick and it may proceed up. Same in the down position... It "appears" to work ok side to side (dumping bucket).

I also notice the front bucket will not lift the front tractor wheels off the ground.

The present owner said his mechanic (don't think he was professional mechanic) said this was a sticky piston within the single control joystick.

Thoughts? Does this sound fairly inexpensive to repair?

BTW.. This unit has a 4690a Backhoe mounted...

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
Welcome to OTT!!!!!
Can be the mount your handles is on (valves)
Or pressure from the hydro pump
lastly the rams

Just my 3 cents

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If you are meaning that the loader is straining to lift past 3/4 with a empty bucket the first thing that comes to mind is the hyd fluid level or a dirty filter. Did the owner give you any service records? Has the hyd system ever been serviced before?

If the fluid is good then I would look at the control itself. If it has been left outside or been rained on a bunch I bet the controls need to be taken apart and cleaned. On the bottom of the controls there is a cup (kind of sort of looking) that can be removed and it most likely will have water in it and everything will be rusted and nasty. Be careful when doing this so you won't loose any parts and so that you can see how everything comes out. If it's not to bad it can be cleaned out and lubed up and then it will most likely work fine.

As far as the loader not lifting the front tire off the ground I hope that you had the control in the float possition. If not you may have bigger problems. With a 4690 backhoe mounted the front end will almost be light enough that it could be lifted of the ground by hand so the loader shouldn't have any trouble at all. Keep us posted.

camonica

Apr 21, 2010
Columbus, OH
UPDATE: So after picking up the tractor/loader/backhoe beast, I removed the joystick cover for observation. All looked ok as far as leak, rust, etc. I tried adjusting the piston linkage slightly to see if the loader down pressure would change.... It did not. I noticed the 3pt lift position lever was in the highest (all the way up) position, even though the backhoe was mounted. When I looked at how the hoe was mounted on the 3pt hitch, I couldn't see why it would need the lift of the 3pt ??? Obviously, it does not, I lower the position and heard the engine idle/pump change. Without the 3pt hitch in full height/pump position, it appears the FEL works correctly. I now have smooth up and down motion/pressure. (Haven't yet tried it under load since this finding) Searched the FEL and tractor Operators manual.. Saw no guidance on this. Previous owner must have just assumed the position should be up?

Next question... I'm not sure it this is related or a result of the above. It seems I have a small amount of fluid seepage from the tranny glass viewer. (gauge as the manual calls it). I don't know how long the tractor has been run with the lift position all the way up and working against the backhoe mount? But it hasn't been too many hours..

Thoughts on this.? Could I have had excessive pressure causing leak? Is the viewing glass/seal replacable? It's just slight seepage at this point, making the casting wet below the viewer. Thoughts/advice would be appreciated.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
This is a very common operator error with TPH Backhoes! Kubota hoes come with a latch that should be installed on the TPH control lever that you use to latch it forward so this doesn't happen. It Does overload your tractor hydraulics and will result in at least pump failure if operated this way for long. Glad you caught it before serious damage was done. Yes, your sight glass is repairable.
Ed

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
Thoughts on this.? Could I have had excessive pressure causing leak? Is the viewing glass/seal replacable? It's just slight seepage at this point, making the casting wet below the viewer. Thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
MHP, buy yourself like 3 or 4 Hydro glasses (plastic)

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Guys.... sound like a Husco valve issue AGAIN:(

Please check the manufacturer cast in the control valve bod and IF it is a Husco we may have some easy tips to solve your problem;)

Butch

bic

Equipment
L3010, LT28 wood mizer
Dec 19, 2014
Little Current, Manitoulin Island
Hello folks, newby here to Kubotas, as well as this site, have the same issue with the fel not being able to lift the front end of the l3010, it took a bit of searching but found this thread, last comment made by Butch states "Husco valve issue again" and may have some easy tips to solve your problem.....
Can anyone enlighten me to what these tips may be?? or where I should start first, on this Husco.
thanks ahead
bic

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Actually there is quite a lengthy themes on the HUSCO monoblock FEL valve. There is not much to them and the thing that causes the most problems is in the lower spring detents... water gets into the the covers and really makes a bess in and around the the springs and ball bearings... rust and gunk..

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Three point greatly affects loader performance, that you have solved without a doubt. The sight glass -it pops out and new one comes with a fresh grommet. Think it was 13 dollars. Very common. Welcome And you will find a wealth of information here.

kuboa

Sep 4, 2019
mcminnville or USA
Actually there is quite a lengthy themes on the HUSCO monoblock FEL valve. There is not much to them and the thing that causes the most problems is in the lower spring detents... water gets into the the covers and really makes a bess in and around the the springs and ball bearings... rust and gunk..
reviving an old thread- do you happen to have the link the the HUSCO info? Have an L3010/LA482 with a sticking up/down control- hard to push either way(makes clicking sound when engaging) then gets stuck when it is engaged, have to manually pull it back to neutral. valve is HUSCO, numbers are:

G01A0371 03
7J240-61011
9210-83

UPDATE:
Fixed the issue- turned out to have a rusted float. Kubota dealer had a detent float kit on the shelf, installed it and everything is working great again! Part number for the kit is 75536-65400. Valve control assembly was an L2205- dealer said there are 4 different control valve assemblies that came on the LA482.

Last edited: